Mister Phes

Mini-Contest - Win LEGO! Hurry!

To win simply be the first user to post in this thread and tell us why you deserve to win - you'll also need to say the magic word.

If you have no idea what this about then you should really learn the wonders of RSS Feeds.

I deserve to win why? Well it comes down too two things. One Black Marlin my mothers cat ate my lunch ah arr . . . I mean homwork. Two I am a huge pirate fan.

Edited by furious

I deserve to win because I live in Australia where Lego shop @ home is just about the most expensive place on the planet.

Oh and the magic word is Marlin.

I deserve to win because I wanted so many pirate sets when I was young but could not afford to get them.

Now I can have a pirates value pack!

Marlin!

I deserve to win because I am the only one to notice that that is not a Swordfish but a painted goldfish with a glued nose on it.

The secret word is Striped Marlin. I deserve to win because I also like LEGO. I have never gotten a Pirate LEGO set before and I would love to get one! Those sets that you have featured have a special placed in my heart....and in my cabinet....it would be my pleasure to have a Pirate set. If the sets are MISB, as I think they are, I would never open them. I would treasure them with my heart! When the Pirate sets were coming out I was too young and I didn't pay attention to LEGO...its a shame really....do you know what it would mean to me if I won those prizes? It would mean everything in the world to me! So, Mister Phes, I ask you dearly, please let me win this amazing prize....thank you.....

I actually like to go fishing for marlins. I haven't ever cought one, but I have actually seen a striped marlin and boy, let me tell you, its one of the best things I have ever seen in my life...it just looks magnificent! The fish is a larger group of fishes known as billfish. It is found in tropical and subtropical oceans. They are also called Tetrapturus Audax. They usually feed on Tuna, which they stun and kill.....well I don't want to stray off-topic, but I know a little bit about fishes....right? :grin:

BTW, why is this dated November 24, 2006? Seems odd to me....unless the staff prepared this a long long time ago....in a galaxy far far away! :P

Edited by Lego12

In haste, I decided to sell all of my old lego pirate sets. The lady had an $150 offer in her hands- just begging to become part of my college savings.. Ever since then I have yearned for the sweetness of Lego Pirates. Lego is the joy in my life, and pirates is the center of that joy. [i hope my wife doesn't kill me for saying that]. I deserve to win this contest. Oh, and by the way I seem to be catching a cold. *cough* the secret word is *cough* Striped Marlin *cough*

pat :pir-classic:

Edited by xpatriot720x

Striped Marlins are the greatest fish of the sea... I deserve to win because I completely missed out on the first pirates wave and would like to build pirates soon. Please!

Edited by WisrthanU

I deserve to win because, unlike many people here who are passionate about the line, I myself have never had the chance to own a Pirate set. I reached "lego age" just as Pirates were going out of style, and even at that golden age (of 4) I couldn't because my parents were more interested in buying me the bulk bricks than the sets, and so I couldn't experience them. Today I save my money for Pirate sets, but it's a slow process - I don't have a job yet, though not for a lack of trying. Pirate sets to me truly are the pinnacle of lego - they had everything that made a lego set great, and everything that made a Pirate toy great. The only thing I could daresay they were missing was a striped Marlin, but that's forgivable...

Truly one of Lego's greatest achievements.

~Trexxen

I think I deserve to win because:

1. I love everything pirate, LEGO or not.

2. I love all historic LEGO, including castle (and pirate, of course.)

3. I never really had the chance to get any pirate LEGO, as I started liking LEGO after the pirate theme had ended.

4. I have never really won a LEGO prize :pir-cry_sad:.

5. ...I really want it!

The magic word is "please".

...What? That's not it? How about "thank you"?

No?

*grabs a striped marlin and slaps Mr. Phes with it*

I deserve to win because I do. And the Magic word is obviously Hugh Laurie. Just in case, it could also be Marlin. Or please.

Marlin!

I deserve to win because not only is the pirate set portion of the prize a set that I have been ebaying and searching for, for a long time, but I have a nice Dragon Knight collection that would greatly appreciate this one of a kind addition. Surely many of us could say the same things, but I truly feel I am a valuable member of the forum, participating in set reviews, as well as MOCs made by various members of both Classic-Pirates.com and the mother site, Eurobricks. I might not be one of the most popular members, or someone who has been able to collect every last classic set there is, but I am someone who can appreciate what is given to me, especially when that something belongs to a theme that I love. Ever since I received my first Pirate set, I was hooked. Once those sets were discontinued, I wondered if they would ever be resurrected. It was only within the last year or so that I had found Bricklink to truly fullfill my (for lack of a better word) lust for the theme. Now I find out that Pirates are coming back! Even so, classic pirates will always have that special place in my heart, and by winning this contest I will be able to have one of those cherished Classic-Pirates sets. Thanks for considering me!

Edited by Kliq

Why do I deserve to win? Well, LEGO is great and I love it. Especially you can make anything out of them, like a Striped Marlin, which is also known as Istiophoridae. I am filled with glee with the return of Pirates and hope it continues on a long run.

Go LEGO!

The striped marlin, Tetrapturus Audax is what the picture is of.

The picture was painted from a story by Ernest Hemingway story. To be honest I have no Idea. :pir-tongue:

This is my second go. I better get this right.

Marlin.png

That is a link to the wiki entry for the picture.

More info on the fish.

The striped marlin, Tetrapturus audax, is a species of marlin found in tropical, subtropical, and temperate Indo-Pacific oceans not far from the surface. It is a large commercial game fish with a record weight (at 1982) of 190 kg, and a maximum length of 420 cm.

The striped marlin's body is metallic blue-black above, and silvery below, with 15 to 20 narrow lavender vertical stripes. The upper jaw is extended to form a sword-like bill which makes up about 17% of the total length. The fins are dark blue-black. The front of the first dorsal fin is high, reducing rapidly to a much lower fin which continues almost to the second dorsal fin which is set well back. The long scythe-like pectoral fins can be folded back flat against the body, and the pelvic fins are each reduced to a single elongate ray. There are 2 strengthening keels on the caudal peduncle.

Striped marlins primarily feed on cephalopods and fish, especially tuna, which they stun and kill with side to side slashing movements of their bill.

Scientific classification

Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Class: Actinopterygii

Order: Perciformes

Family: Istiophoridae

Genus: Tetrapturus

Species: T. audax

Binomial name

Tetrapturus audax

Philippi, 1887

I would like to win the comp because a fan of Lego. My favourite are Technic and Pirates. Also I recently had a car crash plus in two weeks I have a big Taxation exam. Not just taxation 101 but advanced taxation.

:pir-cry_sad:

Edited by furious

Are you aware that you posted almost the exact same thing twice? I would recommend you don't do that in future as it is a good way to annoy the staff.

Are you aware that you posted almost the exact same thing twice? I would recommend you don't do that in future as it is a good way to annoy the staff.

Command C played a trick on me. It is after all Halloween.

To win simply be the first user to post in this thread and tell us why you deserve to win - you'll also need to say the magic word.

Huh... that's a strange game^^

I think I lost^^ I just woke up :P

I Subscribed to the Rss feedback but I sadly don't watch it when I sleep XD

it seems that the magic word is

( I found the picture here : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlin_(poisson) ! tadadam )

I copied on furious ? me ? how dare do you accuse me ! :pir-oh: I'll never do this kind of thing! I swear ! I sure knew that it was a striped marlin ( Tetrapturus Audax ) . ah ah ah :grin: )

why do I deserve it ? mhh..

because I have no job so I can't buy lego ( well, not a lot)

because I lost all my pirate collection

because My mother sold them when I left home without asking me...

because I have a headache, because I love lego,

because I secretly love Mister phred ( well.. not really ... but if it increase my chances of winning :tongue: )

because I said a second magic word, Please :P

because I'm going to die ( I didn't say when ^^ )

because I'm very sympathic and everyone loves me ! no ? that's not true ? oh ...

EDIT : also because I'll make mocs with it! the world needs more pirates mocs!

well...

I know that I'll surely don't have it ( I'm not the first who wrote ^^ )

but at least I tried (and it was fun to write a stupid post like this^^ )

Edited by Guss

The picture was painted from a story by Ernest Hemingway story. To be honest I have no Idea. :pir-tongue:

This is my second go. I better get this right.

Marlin.png

That is a link to the wiki entry for the picture.

More info on the fish.

The striped marlin, Tetrapturus audax, is a species of marlin found in tropical, subtropical, and temperate Indo-Pacific oceans not far from the surface. It is a large commercial game fish with a record weight (at 1982) of 190 kg, and a maximum length of 420 cm.

The striped marlin's body is metallic blue-black above, and silvery below, with 15 to 20 narrow lavender vertical stripes. The upper jaw is extended to form a sword-like bill which makes up about 17% of the total length. The fins are dark blue-black. The front of the first dorsal fin is high, reducing rapidly to a much lower fin which continues almost to the second dorsal fin which is set well back. The long scythe-like pectoral fins can be folded back flat against the body, and the pelvic fins are each reduced to a single elongate ray. There are 2 strengthening keels on the caudal peduncle.

Striped marlins primarily feed on cephalopods and fish, especially tuna, which they stun and kill with side to side slashing movements of their bill.

Scientific classification

Kingdom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Class: Actinopterygii

Order: Perciformes

Family: Istiophoridae

Genus: Tetrapturus

Species: T. audax

Binomial name

Tetrapturus audax

Philippi, 1887

I would like to win the comp because a fan of Lego. My favourite are Technic and Pirates. Also I recently had a car crash plus in two weeks I have a big Taxation exam. Not just taxation 101 but advanced taxation.

:pir-cry_sad:

It is called "The Old Man and the Sea" and have you read that book, because EVERYONE should, it is a triumph of twentieth century literature!

I deserve to win because I have no idea how an article about RSS feeds should give me better understanding of a magic word that is, apparently, 'striped marlin'. Hey, I don't even know what 'striped marlin' means and even though I followed the link AND followed the next link to classic-pirates.com I am still in the mist.

Anyways, let me be the first to say the magic word: Abracadabra.

Striped Marlin... I think I should win because I never got a Pirate set, and would love to get one, especially since my chances of winning the PTV contest are very slim. Pirates are so cool. Oh, and Mister Phes is really awesome, probably the coolest guy out there. I know he's cool because he sends out Pirate sets. :thumbup: What an amazing guy...