Hrw-Amen

Older than you are?

I was just wondering if any of the younger members of EB have any minifigs or anything else LEGO wise that is older than they are? I know I had LEGO from an early age (My mother tells me I was two years old when they bought my first LEGO. Now given that I was born in the 1960's some of my LEGO is now over 40. But alas no minifigs from back then as they were not yet around. My first ones came from the classic space range so some time back but not older than me.

I was just wondering if any of the younger members of EB have any minifigs or anything else LEGO wise that is older than they are? I know I had LEGO from an early age (My mother tells me I was two years old when they bought my first LEGO. Now given that I was born in the 1960's some of my LEGO is now over 40. But alas no minifigs from back then as they were not yet around. My first ones came from the classic space range so some time back but not older than me.

Yeah, everything I have from the 80's is older than me. It's funny when I look at an old pirate minifigure and think "that's been around longer than I have."

I, too, have a good amount of figures, sets, and pieces that predate me by some years. At only 22, that isn't such a large accomplishment, though :laugh: I grew up with a lot of sets that were made before my time, and I have a lot of fond memories looking in catalogs which came with the boxes back then, wishing I had all of the classic models. Since I got back into Lego, I would also say my collection of models from an older era has doubled from when I was a child.

My ENTIRE Modulex collection. :grin:

Plus I have vintage sets from the 1970's and some even earlier. Pat Pend Era parts, LEGO Samsonite parts and sets. 1980's sets and figs. etc. etc.

I was born in 1995, so I have a good amount of stuff that is older than me. I don't have an older brother or anyone else to pass their collection to me, so I don't have as much old stuff as some people.

Cool topic idea :classic:

A fair bit of mine is probably older than me, my older brothers accumulated it then passed it on to me and my little brothers.

Also I bought 6062 Battering Ram off of Bricklink.

One red 2x4 brick that I found about 5 years ago. It says Pat Pend on the bottom. I'm only about 1/3-century old.

I have numerous sets that predate me ('87), but only go back as far as 1980. All are second hand purchased through eBay though default_classic.gif

I have sets/parts/'Figs from before 1995; so, yes.

The only sets that are older than me are two sets I picked up in 2008- Pizza To Go and Ghostly Hideout. I'm so old! :laugh:

Not really, my older sets are Fort Legoredo and the first Millenium Falcon. :classic:

Anything pre 1990's, so most of my beloved pirates outdate me. :tongue:

I was born in 1993. So, I have a couple of blue Imperial Soldier that out date me. :classic:

Man, I feel like an old fat reading most of these posts...all this 'born in the nineties' stuff. The oldest set I have is a Forestmen one, 1987... I was born in 1981. Where did I leave my teeth?....

Edited by Legocrazy81

Gosh, that means that a lot of you were born several years after I started working for my current employer, that makes me fell really old especially as I'd done a number of years somewhere else before that!

I do have some of those very old proto-mini-figs that had the same shaped head as today's but without printing of any sort, (They were just plain yellow.) and an all in one body. I think they came with a very old police boat? Before that I just used to use 1X1 bricks with a 1X1 round brick as the head and a 1X1 plate as a hat. Back in those early days though things were a much smaller scale.

My dad and uncle used to collect Lego (yes it runs in the family! :tongue: ), so I have a box sets/pieces from the 70s, including this beaut.

Before that I just used to use 1X1 bricks with a 1X1 round brick as the head and a 1X1 plate as a hat. Back in those early days though things were a much smaller scale.

That's interesting! Was it something you came up with, or were there any such 'microfigs' in official sets at the time? I don't remember seeing any, but my knowledge of pre-minifig sets is limited.

I was born in 1996... at least a quarter to a half of my collection is older than I am.

Anything pre 1990's, so most of my beloved pirates outdate me. :tongue:

I was born in 1993. So, I have a couple of blue Imperial Soldier that out date me. :classic:

Not to be Mr. Nitpick, just want to point out something that does not seem to make sense in context:

Outdate? I think you mean Predate.

According to dictionary.com:

outdate (ˌaʊtˈdeɪt)

—vb

(tr) (of something new) to cause (something else) to become old-fashioned or obsolete

predate (priːˈdeɪt)

—vb

1.to affix a date to (a document, paper, etc) that is earlier than the actual date

2.to assign a date to (an event, period, etc) that is earlier than the actual or previously assigned date of occurrence

3.to be or occur at an earlier date than; precede in time

All I got are a few waffle plates and pat. pend. era 2x4 bricks as I was born in '73. Not many variety of parts before that, excluding HO scale vehicles.

I have a lot of pirate pieces and minifigures that have been around many years before I was born.

I was born in 1996... at least a quarter to a half of my collection is older than I am.

While we sometimes allow under-18 members if they show enough maturity, declaring you're underage in a public topic like this is not a very smart move. Be aware all we'll keep a special eye on those members in this situation. :devil: