Sign in to follow this  
Cerlin

MOC - Don't look the other way!

indexed.gif B-V-19F

Hello there!

My sister is a student of social pedagogy, and she asked me if I could make something out of LEGO about civil courage for a presentation of hers. So I came up with this two-sided vignette.

One half shows the pedestrians walking by, pretending they don't see, as a young man is being bullied. The other half shows people trying to intervene and calling for help.

The side with the people looking the other way:

7261133332_cfd77d5888_z.jpg

The side where civil courage is shown:

7261125792_4b310ef6cd_z.jpg

Same scene, from another angle:

7261112084_423cb54716_z.jpg

side view:

7261104120_e51e18c579_z.jpg

the other side view:

7261093438_b47e78c22f_z.jpg

c&c welcome

Happy bricking everyone!

Greets, Cerlin

Edit: Of course, more photos on flickr.

Edited by Phred

Excellent double vig there 'Cerlin', sad but true there are people who don't want to get involved, though there are others who will stand up for those in trouble and will get involved.

I hope your sister will be pleased with your handy work.

Brick On 'Cerlin' ! :classic:

I really like how you presented the two different scenarios on the same base :thumbup: Unfortunately the number of people willing to stand up for others is diminishing. Your sidewalk/road works nicely :classic:

Very true, most people just walk by. In some ways you cannot blame them when there is a legal system in p;lace that oftem seems to turn things on its head so that attackers become victims of people who have assualted them in an effort to prevent them from assaulting the original victim. I guess it is all about lawyers making money at the end of the day, but then we get a sciety like this that is too afraid to stand up for its moral values.

Nice MOC and an interesting topic to portray really, not something that I would have thought of doing. Was your sister pleased with the result and how did it go down in her presentation?

I hope your sister will be pleased with your handy work.

Brick On 'Cerlin' ! :classic:

Was your sister pleased with the result and how did it go down in her presentation?

Thank you for your nice comments! And yes, my sister liked it and her lecturer and fellow students, too. Bringing a Lego MOC to a presentation added some bonus points for creativity :sweet: .

Very well thought out. I like the execution. It sends a great message.

I didn't think it was quite as serious as an execution, but if you say so... :D

Edited by L@go