Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

SW CW Hologram display

That is extremely cool. Doesn't do much for themes outside of Star Wars, but I would love to see more displays like this in the future. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That is a hell of an advertising initiative.

I was going to complain that the lasers didn't come from the sets but the end explosion changed my mind.

Very cool! That's a lot of work for a small store display. But it is very fun to watch! :classic:

That may be the single most awesome thing I've seen this month. :drool: That's AWESOME!

They totally need to do this in all the stores. :laugh:

That is... :wub::wub: .

I would love to show that to my friends in my front room. That is excellent! Just that would persuade me to buy any LEGO set!

I don't see anything either. It probably has to do with your firewall or content being blocked by your ISP. I am currently at work (should I be on EB? :tongue:) and we have limited access to most sites. I will have to look for it when I get home tonight.

Whoa! Amazing! I wonder how much money was put into that! Wasn't there one like this with the Bounty Hunter ship a while back?

Whoa! Amazing! I wonder how much money was put into that! Wasn't there one like this with the Bounty Hunter ship a while back?

That's right...I don't remember what other set was in there, but the Bounty Hunter ship was hovering and the hologram part was the fire from the booster.

Actually, I didn't know that this display is uncommon. I had seen it before in shopping centres that sell LEGO in Singapore. I thought such in-store display was common to many places, including Ninjago boardgames, Ninjago Summer sets and Friends sets, all comes with such hologram display.

I've seen it at one Toys R Us sometime ago but it was Bionicle theme not Star Wars. It is very cool and I would like one.

It is pretty simple to make one. Set up LEGO display, put in a glass at about 45° from bottom front to top rear. Then mount LCD panel facing down on top of the display. The image will be reflected onto the glass giving illusion of holograph. Doing the animation is a whole another challenge.

I have seen this in an everyday toy store in London with the set in the video and with the Destinys Bounty set.

That is extremely cool. Doesn't do much for themes outside of Star Wars, but I would love to see more displays like this in the future. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Actually, I saw a display used like this for Hero Factory as early as last year. It showed Witch Doctor emitting an energy blast from his staff, and Rocka deflecting it with some sort of energy shield. Needless to say, it was pretty sweet. I wouldn't be surprised if retailers like Toys R Us, which have displays like these, reskinned them and used them for this year's Star Wars sets. If that's the case, I have no doubt that they'll be reused again, possibly for other themes.

Actually, I saw a display used like this for Hero Factory as early as last year. It showed Witch Doctor emitting an energy blast from his staff, and Rocka deflecting it with some sort of energy shield. Needless to say, it was pretty sweet. I wouldn't be surprised if retailers like Toys R Us, which have displays like these, reskinned them and used them for this year's Star Wars sets. If that's the case, I have no doubt that they'll be reused again, possibly for other themes.

Saw that same display as well as this Star Wars one at the Legoland Windsor store. They really catch you eye.

Well, I was thinking in the context of 2012, with Lord of the Rings and Monster Fighters... :laugh: You have a point, I bet this would've looked amazing using Alien Conquest. :sceptic:

There are some LEGO stores that have augmented reality "digital box" displays, where the front of the set box can be scanned and a video screen will show a 3D mockup of the set in action floating on top of the box. This photo is from the Glendale shop in California.

535146_10150944028697122_634852121_9774495_1486296439_n.jpg