Eric W.

(MOC) TIE/ad "avenger"

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Being my favorite EU fighter, I had to do this one right! :thumbup: I based it heavily from Ansel Hsiao's amazing rendering. Being that there are not too many good images and the fighter itself is portrayed in many different ways, I came to the conclusion that his model (not the most accurate as for the look of it in the game,) is perfect. Let me know what you all think! :grin:

7182958090_9b1a591231.jpg

TIE avenger 01 by IMPERIAL FLEET, on Flickr

7182960900_c3ee0501dd.jpg

TIE avenger front view by IMPERIAL FLEET, on Flickr

7182968020_7d4c562db5.jpg

TIE avenger front view 03 by IMPERIAL FLEET, on Flickr

7182913686_78cc0ccb78.jpg

TIE avenger rear view right 01 by IMPERIAL FLEET, on Flickr

7182906318_850a5d08f7.jpg

TIE avenger another view by IMPERIAL FLEET, on Flickr

7182902662_b806fddd2e.jpg

TIE avenger bottom detail by IMPERIAL FLEET, on Flickr

7182920978_cafee9c66f.jpg

TIE avenger cockpit by IMPERIAL FLEET, on Flickr

7182924466_fb5371d129.jpg

TIE avenger cockpit with pilot by IMPERIAL FLEET, on Flickr

7182926480_ba5733314a.jpg

WIP cockpit internal view by IMPERIAL FLEET, on Flickr

I’m not real familiar with this ship, but you’ve done a terrific job with all the details and smooth transitions and those wings are just amazing! Beautifully done, you should be proud. Great job on this and your entire fleet! :wub::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Dapper-D2

I can' believe I'm the first to comment! *oh2*

This is a fantastic MOC. The detailing (especially the cockpit!) is spectacular. Easily one of the best TIE MOCs I've ever seen!

Would this happen to be on Cuusoo? :grin:

EDIT: Second. Guess I took to long to say what I wanted to say. :grin:

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

I’m not real familiar with this ship, but you’ve done a terrific job with all the details and smooth transitions and those wings are just amazing! Beautifully done, you should be proud. Great job on this and your entire fleet! :wub::thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you!!! :blush:

Wow, there are just so many details here! :drool: I love the shaping around the cockpit ball, especially those fins.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I can' believe I'm the first to comment! *oh2*

This is a fantastic MOC. The detailing (especially the cockpit!) is spectacular. Easily one of the best TIE MOCs I've ever seen!

Would this happen to be on Cuusoo? :grin:

Looks like Dapper beat you to the punch! :wink: Thanks!! The cockpit is actually the one part of my fighters that I want to look the best. If the ship sucks but the cockpit is cool, then I'm happy! :laugh: By the way, I have definitely been thinking about submitting it to cuusoo. Just hope it would get the votes.

On another note, I love your avatar image! I have a big "The Great Wave" above my fireplace at my house! :grin:

I don't usually comment, but I have to say this is one of the most beautiful I've seen ever.

Always been a fan of the lines of the TIE Avenger, and you captured the look perfectly. Takes me back to playing "TIE Fighter" over a decade ago.

Well done!

Wow, there are just so many details here! :drool: I love the shaping around the cockpit ball, especially those fins.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

SWEET!!! :cry_happy: Thanks dude!

I don't usually comment, but I have to say this is one of the most beautiful I've seen ever.

Always been a fan of the lines of the TIE Avenger, and you captured the look perfectly. Takes me back to playing "TIE Fighter" over a decade ago.

Well done!

Wow! thank you! :blush:

AWESOME Tie fighter 'Eric W.', I :wub: the smooth lines with all that tiling....cockpit is excellent as well ! :grin:

I think I remember the craft from TIE Fighter (1994).

You made a decent build :thumbup: Is there any chance you make a reference pic so I can see the size of the pilot in relation to the whole fighter?

Do you still have your TIE Advanced? can you compare them?

This MOC is absolutely fantastic, but once again I can't stop looking at the cockpit.

Let me just start by saying that the cockpit is completely amazing. The whole control panel, and gun armrests - wonderful! The TIE itself is fantastic, too! I love the way you've done the wings, it looks great! The middle is wonderful, too, with nice piece usage and great shaping! Amazing job!

Do you still have your TIE Advanced? can you compare them?

This MOC is absolutely fantastic, but once again I can't stop looking at the cockpit.

I still have it. I had to borrow some pieces from it though so its partially taken apart.

Cool, another appreciator of Ansel Hsiao's work :thumbup: (see http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63436&st=0&p=1142171entry1142171 ). Nice rendition of the model :sweet:

I remember that! That walker he designed gave me goose bumps the first time I saw it.

I generally lurk these forums more than I log on. LOL

But after seeing this incredible creation, I had to log in just to congratulate you on such a WOW MOC.

Really impressed how it's neat and clean, and it's accuracy... just WOW.

Thank you for sharing this with the world.

Well, I'm pretty sure I've said on several other sites how awesome this is, but I'll say it again here: This thing is AWESOME! :sweet: I think the shaping of the cockpit is the best part. :thumbup:

Well, I'm pretty sure I've said on several other sites how awesome this is, but I'll say it again here: This thing is AWESOME! :sweet: I think the shaping of the cockpit is the best part. :thumbup:

Thanks Moodster! :thumbup: