Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#33: WANTED! Violetta the Cat Burglar

279 posts in this topic

heroicaquest33.jpg

Three accomplished heroes went to the Town Watch Barracks to help the watchmen catch the notorious Wolfgang burglar Violetta. Those three were:

IMG_0793-1.jpg

Alexis Fenral
(played by Masked Builder) *Party Leader*

Level 19 Evoker
*Hastened*

Power:
29 (21 for Flute)

Defense:
0

Health:
25/25

Ether:
20/20

Gold:
102

Inventory:
Mockthril Longbow (WP:10, ranged), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect), Flute of the Magi (WP:3, Fast Asleep -effect), Opal (
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Ruby (
Fire
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Smoke Bomb, Potion, 2 Meads, Tonic, Grand Tonic, Venom, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Bone

Spirits:
Ocven the Ice Dragon
(Opal),
Shalma the Thunderbird
(Topaz),
Sarp Zarra
(Aquamarine)

6922802854_4a639d453d_t.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-Nut)

Level 17½ Sage

Power:
22

Defense:
4

Health:
27/27

Ether:
23/23

Gold:
90

Inventory:
Dragoro (WP:8), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP:4), Diamond (
Light
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Ruby (
Fire
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Emerald (
Wood
), Skeleton Decoy x2, Potion x2, Tonic, Shovel, Bedroll, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb

warden_icon.jpg

Benji Carvenhall
(played by Flare)

Level 16 Warden

Power:
26

Defense:
0

Health:
31/31

Gold:
54

Inventory:
Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:10, ranged,
darkness-elemental
,
ice-elemental
), Armor of the Draugr (max health +2), Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, 2 Grand Potions, 6 Potions, 3 Venoms, 2 Remedies, 2 Meads, Smelling Salts, 2 Smoke Bombs, Jo-no Tree Seed

Inside the barracks the three heroes encountered the current head of the Town Watch, Captain Patricia Cousland, with two watchmen.

heroicaquest33-townwatch.jpg

"Ah, there you are, 'champions of justice'", said the captain dryly. "I wouldn't have to turn to you if I wasn't surrounded by such a ragtag bunch of incompetent, illiterate and probably illegitimate imbecils!"

Captain Patricia glared at the two watchmen standing next to her. Both men winced.

"The Wolfgang is pissing off the houses in power again, and of course the high and mighty ones channel their frustration to me. The recent ploy of the Wolgang has been to send Violetta, the notorious cat burglar, to break into the mansions of the powerful families and steal their most valuable heirlooms. That wretched woman has already stolen the Medal of Valour from the Bonapartes and the Libra Signet from the Shadeaux, and just now these dimwits brought the message that last night Violetta broke into the Invision Guildhouse and stole their coveted Moebius Ring. These are no trinkets, I tell you. Rumours say that these items are the very reason why the specific houses are so powerful in the first place."

"I'll leave it up to you three to help my men clean up this mess, catch the meowing thief, and restore the lost artefacts."

The captain then shows the heroes a poster with Violetta's image on it.

heroicaquest33-wanted.jpg

"That's the one you're after. But we haven't been entirely helpless. The mole we've got inside the Wolfgang has told us that the plan is to steal the heirlooms of all six houses in power. That would really drive them over the edge, so you better make sure it doesn't happen. I've put patrols to guard the Ji Pei Palace, the Hinckwell Villa and the Ziegfried Manor day and night. Our mole tells us that Violetta is going to strike again tonight, but she didn't know where. Well, I'll let you ask her yourself. Constable Llowlyfe, bring in Kayla!"

"Right away, ma'am!" said the dwarven watchman, and soon returned with a timid rogue girl wearing the Wolfgang symbol.

heroicaquest33-mole.jpg

"Go ahead, ask anything from either me or Kayla here", Captain Patricia urged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexis watches and listens carefully as the woman speaks.

"Alright, that sounds good. I've heard of Donny Dozen-hands, he was able to change his appearance, is Violetta able to do that to?"

OoC: My stats look right, going to change her outfit soon though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Althior walks into the Barracks and listens to Patricia carefully, hoping not to need anything repeated. He then begins to speak. "So how many guards are in each patrol, may I ask? Probably not enough to stop the thief."

"I want to know how you're so tall!" Finnegan stares in awe at the tall guard.

OOC: My stats look good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Alright, that sounds good. I've heard of Donny Dozen-hands, he was able to change his appearance, is Violetta able to do that to?"

"If you mean Donny's disguises, then no, Violetta has no need to pose as different identities", Captain Patricia answers. "She just hides behind that cat mask of hers."

"I want to know how you're so tall!" Finnegan stares in awe at the tall guard.

The tall guard looks down at the spectral butler. "I ate my porridge when I was a kid. Simple as that."

"That's what he wants to tell you", the dwarven watchman laughs. "But in reality Constable Longjon just doesn't want to admit that his father shagged a giant!"

"Shut your trap, midget!" the tall watchman shouts and smacks the dwarf on the head with the blunt end of his spear.

"Get out, you two!" Captain Patricia shrieks. "This is intolerable behaviour! I did not sign up to be a nanny!"

The captain was fuming. The Wolfgang girl looked to be searching for an escape route with her eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If you mean Donny's disguises, then no, Violetta has no need to pose as different identities", Captain Patricia answers. "She just hides behind that cat mask of hers."

The captain is fuming. The Wolfgang girl looks to be searching for an escape route with her eyes.

"Alright good. Do you have any idea which she'll try to steal next?"

She turns to the girl.

"What's wrong with you?" She says with a concerned face. "Are you afraid of being found out?"

OoC: Here's the new avatar Sandy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Althior turned to Kayla. "Do you know when she is going to strike the three remaining houses? Say, in the the nest three nights, perhaps?"

He turned back to Alexis, "I believe she said that she had no idea which one Violetta was after next."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Alright good. Do you have any idea which she'll try to steal next?"

heroicanpc-patriciacousland.jpg

"Like I said, we don't know where Violetta will strike next. It's one of the three remaining houses she has not broken into yet, that much we know."

"What's wrong with you?" She says with a concerned face. "Are you afraid of being found out?"

heroicanpc-kayla.jpg

"O-of course I'm afraid! Do you think I would go against the gang by choice? No, these sadists caught me and gave me a choice of either ratting out what I know or hanging from the gallows. I just don't want to die... But you three are fools if you think you can go against Violetta. She's Ulric's pet and one of our leaders. You don't get into such a position within the Wolfgang if you're weak. Violetta successfully broke into Fort Bonaparte of all the places, can you imagine that?! It's the most heavily guarded place in this whole city, and it's surrounded by water. Only a handful of burglars have managed to do that before her, but none of them got out to tell the tale. Do you really think you three can catch her?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He turned back to Alexis, "I believe she said that she had no idea which one Violetta was after next."

"Oh, my mistake."

*snip*

"Like I said, we don't know where Violetta will strike next. It's one of the three remaining houses she has not broken into yet, that much we know."

*snip*

"O-of course I'm afraid! Do you think I would go against the gang by choice? No, these sadists caught me and gave me a choice of either ratting out what I know or hanging from the gallows. I just don't want to die... But you three are fools if you think you can go against Violetta. She's Ulric's pet and one of our leaders. You don't get into such a position within the Wolfgang if you're weak. Violetta successfully broke into Fort Bonaparte of all the places, can you imagine that?! It's the most heavily guarded place in this whole city, and it's surrounded by water. Only a handful of burglars have managed to do that before her, but none of them got out to tell the tale. Do you really think you three can catch her?"

"Hm...Will we have access to the places where the items are stored?"

"Why yes I do believe we'll be able to take her. What's makes you think we couldn't?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Althior turned to Kayla. "Do you know when she is going to strike the three remaining houses? Say, in the the nest three nights, perhaps?"

heroicanpc-kayla.jpg

"When I left the Wolf's Den, she was preparing to go out tonight. You just have to make a lucky guess where she'll hit next."

"Hm...Will we have access to the places where the items are stored?"

"Why yes I do believe we'll be able to take her. What's makes you think we couldn't?"

heroicanpc-patriciacousland.jpg

"You will have to negotiate that with the families themselves. These are their most prices possessions we're talking about, they might not want any strangers near them."

heroicanpc-kayla.jpg

"I just said why. She's one of our leaders, she has powers beyond your imaginations."

Kayla glares at the heroes, showing the courage of a rat chased into a corner.

What place will the party go first? The Ji Pei Palace, the Hinckwell Villa or the Ziegfried Manor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*snip*

"When I left the Wolf's Den, she was preparing to go out tonight. You just have to make a lucky guess where she'll hit next."

*snip*

"You will have to negotiate that with the families themselves. These are their most prices possessions we're talking about, they might not want any strangers near them."

*snip*

"I just said why. She's one of our leaders, she has powers beyond your imaginations."

What place will the party go first? The Ji Pei Palace, the Hinckwell Villa or the Ziegfried Manor?

"Alright." She turns to her quest-mates. "Where do you guys want to go, I'm all for going to the Hinckwells tonight."

She turnes to the girl. "Do you know anything about said powers?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She turnes to the girl. "Do you know anything about said powers?"

Kayla stays silent.

heroicanpc-patriciacousland.jpg

"Answer them, dammit! Ah, I should've had you hanged in the first place, useless wench..."

heroicanpc-kayla.jpg

"A-alright, I'll talk! I don't know much, but Ulric, the big boss at the Den, you know, gave the other leaders these powers. They're faster, stronger, more agile... You'll know what I'm talking about if you ever face one of them in a battle. Y-you better hope you don't..."

heroicanpc-patriciacousland.jpg

"Ha! Your precious leaders are as good as dead! Serves them right for messing with higher powers and making my daily life that much more difficult..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Most interesting...I'm sure we'll be able to take care of them."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening quietly from the side, Benji absorbs all that happens and all that is said. Contemplating the quest, he turns to ask the Captain a question:

"If this is such a clever burglar, then why did you ask for only three of us? If she is so difficult to catch perhaps more of us would have made it easier."

And turning to Kayla, he says:

"Don't worry, girl, it isn't just any reason that we were picked for this mission - we're smarter and tougher than we look, and we have experience. But I have a question for you: If you were Violetta then which place would you choose to burgle (?) tonight? Have you noticed any pattern of thievery in the last three places that might help us to find out where she is going to hit tonight?"

I use my skill of diplomacy while speaking to Kayla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If this is such a clever burglar, then why did you ask for only three of us? If she is so difficult to catch perhaps more of us would have made it easier."

heroicanpc-patriciacousland.jpg

"Hmpf! If I had unlimited resources I would turn this city around stone by stone until every criminal was hanging from their neck at the city walls, but unfortunately I just have to make due with what I'm given. I'm sending my own men to the two places where you don't go, anyway. Remember that almost all of the families have their own personal guards as well, but somehow Violetta has managed to elude them all so far."

"Don't worry, girl, it isn't just any reason that we were picked for this mission - we're smarter and tougher than we look, and we have experience. But I have a question for you: If you were Violetta then which place would you choose to burgle (?) tonight? Have you noticed any pattern of thievery in the last three places that might help us to find out where she is going to hit tonight?"

I use my skill of diplomacy while speaking to Kayla.

heroicanpc-kayla.jpg

"I can't get inside Violetta's head, but to me it seems she took care of the more difficult places first to benefit from the element of surprise. The remaining houses all know that's she's coming for them, so they will do whatever they can to stop her. No matter where she strikes next, she'll be up against a whole lot of resistance. I still don't think you three make much of a difference, though."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Good work Benji," Alexis whispers. "I saw we go to either the Hinckwells or the Ziegfrieds. That is if you're done talking to her."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Thank you Cap'n, and Kayla."

Turning to the elf, he responds:

"Lets go to the Hinckwell Villa."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The party decided to watch Hinckwell Villa first, so Captain Patricia sent them on their way with an encouraging "don't screw up".

The mansion of the Hinckwells, acclaimedly the wealthiest family in Eubric, lies on a restricted area on top of Sungold Hill. With a note from the Town Watch, the heroes were permitted to enter, and soon they were greeted by the head of the family, Heinrich Hinckwell, himself, alongside his wife Laureline. The pair took the heroes upstairs to their personal quarters, where their most valuable treasure was placed on a pedestal.

heroicaquest33-hinckwellvilla.jpg

"This is the Cornucopia, passed down along the family line for generations", Heinrich explained. "The Cornucopia was brought into our family by my great-great-greatgrandmother, who you might know under the monicker of Lady Luck. And if you don't know, she was one of the original founders of your noble organization."

"I don't really see why the burglar would want that dusty old horn", Laureline mused. "We've kept it out in the open in this anteroom the whole time and nobody has even attempted to take it before this."

"But you don't understand it's true value, my jewel", Heinrich said, stroking the horn gently. "When my father passed this 'dusty old horn' to me, he revealed that it is the source of the entire Hinckwell fortune. He believed it brought luck and prosperity to our family, and so do I. If the Wolfgang are only after one heirloom in this whole house, this would be the one."

"If you say so, dear..." Laureline said, rolling her eyes. "Anyway, you are welcome to stay in this room tonight to keep an eye on it. Just avoid causing a ruckus, I sleep lightly."

Does the party wish to ask something of the Hinckwell couple before they settle down for the night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Are there other possible heriloom's that she might be after? Or are you sure it's this one."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Are there other possible heriloom's that she might be after? Or are you sure it's this one."

heroicanpc-heinrichhinckwell.jpg

"This is the one, I'm sure of it. We've certainly got our share of gold, jewels and ancient artefacts, but from what I've heard the Wolfgang bitch is striking where it hurts the most. Losing the Cornucopia would be a major setback to our family's future, I believe."

heroicanpc-laurelinehinckwell.jpg

"Oh darling, you and your superstitions..."

heroicanpc-heinrichhinckwell.jpg

"This is the best opportunity to catch that thieving wench, in any case. I'm willing to let the Cornucopia to be used as a bait for tonight, but if this Violetta makes no appearance, I will put it away in our most secure vault. Do not let me down."

The party decides to watch over the Cornucopia for the night.

The night falls upon the city, and the three heroes crouch down into the shadows of the anteroom, keeping their eyes on the doors and the windows. Hours pass, but then a shadow appears behind the window. The dark figure silently pries open the shutters, and in a flash of red jumps inside.

heroicaquest33-hinckwellvilla2.jpg

The heroes surround the red-clad figure, but even in the dimness they can see that it is not Violetta, but a male elf.

"Oh, I wasn't expecting company. Step aside, or you'll fall to the blade of the Crimson Reaper", the elf boasts. When the heroes point their weapons at him, he loses some of his poise. "Uh, I have no qualms for you. I just have a job to do. Let me pass, and I will not bother you any more than this."

Will the party let the flamboyant elf pass, or face him in battle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Althior opens one eye, for he has fallen asleep against the chest. Hours of working weren't restoring any of his energy. He saw the red figure, and shot up like an arrow, pointing his wand. "Now, 'Crimson Reaper', what exactly is this job your performing? And do you have an association with Violetta, the Cat Burglar of Walfgang? Tell us, and we may let you leave with a warning,"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not knowing what else to say, Benji keeps quiet and prepares his crossbow.

Suddenly, Benji turns to ask the flamboyant elf a question:

"How the heck did you get in here!?"

Edited by Flare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Althior opens one eye, for he has fallen asleep against the chest. Hours of working weren't restoring any of his energy. He saw the red figure, and shot up like an arrow, pointing his wand. "Now, 'Crimson Reaper', what exactly is this job your performing? And do you have an association with Violetta, the Cat Burglar of Walfgang? Tell us, and we may let you leave with a warning,"

"Yes, I'll echo what Althior said, what do you want?"

heroicaquest33-crimsonreaper.jpg

"Why, I am here to assassinate Lord Hinckwell, of course. I am a professional killer of the highest standards, I do not deal with scoundrels like the Wolfgang."

Suddenly, Benji turns to ask the flamboyant elf a question:

"How the heck did you get in here!?"

heroicaquest33-crimsonreaper.jpg

"I scaled up the wall, naturally. The guards below were easily distracted. Honestly put, I expected that this would be a more challenging mission."

The Crimson Reaper threw back his cape dramatically.

"Now, will you let me pass, or shall we cross blades?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heroicaquest33-crimsonreaper.jpg

"Why, I am here to assassinate Lord Hinckwell, of course. I am a professional killer of the highest standards, I do not deal with scoundrels like the Wolfgang."

"Now, will you let me pass, or shall we cross blades?"

"Sure! Third door on the right." :sweet:

Althior smacks Finnegan on the back of the head, un-amused. "No, in fact, we won't just stand by while you kill the head of one of the six most important families in Eubric." He raises his wand, glaring at the assassin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.