Sign in to follow this  
PrinceWilliam

MOC: KCR Sir Alexander Locomotive and Passenger Car

Hong Kong - KCR Sir Alexander Locomotive and passengercar

A long long time leave the trainsaway from me, and this is a chance to pick it up again for a historicalexhibition in Hong Kong, “Our Tsim Sha Tsui, Past, Present, And Future”

The exhibition is now opening until 2nd September, showing thehistory of Tsim Sha Tsui, the products and photos at that time. And also ourfocus, the Lego models for 1970’s and Present Tsim Sha Tsui by Legend Bricks.

This locomotive and passenger car appear in the 1970’s model, making with8-stud wide. This model number has been made from Superb (also a train playerin HK in loving the 6-stud train cute version) before with green bricks and6-stude wide.

And, I start to make the train with 8-stud wide and follow the real colour ofthe train because of the real situation. I love following the real things! Thehistory part of the train has been presented by Superb, so I post the photos toprevent the duplication.

And the important thing is, thetrain is still here in Hong Kong TaiPo Market Train Museum for a permanentexhibition. You can refer the history there if you come / plan to come to HongKong in the future.

The train was very hard to built because the dark green Lego parts in Hong Kongwas so less, I only have :

2x4 plate,

1x1,1x2,1x4 bricks,

1x1 slope,

1x4 tile,

1x2x2 and 1x2x3 window,

curve top

Supposing, the parts were not enough and not detail to built for atrain/locomotive.

So, let me show you the real things

Locomotive

train00009.jpg

train00004.jpg

train00004.jpg

Passenger Car

train00008.jpg

train00002.jpg

Here’s the Lego version

Locomotive

image00643.jpg

image00087.jpg

image00092.jpg

image00439.jpg

Passenger Car

image00093.jpg

image00447.jpg

image00448.jpg]

image00615.jpg

Do you know where did the train appear in Hong Kong??

The answer is 1970’s Tsim Sha Tsui Station.

Want to see more?? Stay tune for the next post.

image00091.jpg

image00438.jpg

Thanks for watching

For those who interested / plan to travel to HK for vacation, please come tovisit our exhibition

Our Tsim Sha Tsui – Past, Present and Future

Date : 11th May - 2nd Sept

Venue: Thematic Exhibition Gallery, Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre,

Kowloon Park, Haiphong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon[/font]

Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday (except Thursday): 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Sunday and Public Holidays: 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Closed on Thursday (except Public Holidays)

Webpage :

Legend Bricks Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/legendbricks

The content of exhibition :

http://www.lcsd.gov....h_memorytst.php

Edited by PrinceWilliam

It looks fantastic! How do you call the technique you used for the front bumper? Is there any tutorial?

Yes looks really good. I would also like to see more of the layout. What are all those people doing in the water, is it some local event that you are showing? Here we have a Christmas Day harbour swim, loads of people jump in a race from one side to the other. They must be crazy as the water is freezing at the end of December!

That's a great model you have there. I'm working on a dark green car myself right now so I know what you mean about the limited supply of dark green.

Like others have said before I would also love to see more of the rest of your layout.