sologuy369

EB iPhone/IPad app

81 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a EB app

• Yes!!!
    • No...
    • Maybe..
  2. 2. What features would you like to see?

• The forum (duh!)
    • Reviewer tools; photo editing, etc
    • Reply alerts
    • I have my own idea:say it in a post

Here is my proposal;

With the smartphone and tablet craze, it would only make sense. It would only make sense to have a EB app.

- You could use the camera on your device and upload it directly to brickshelf or eurobricks.

-There could be photo editing and enhancing tools to improve the number of reviews.

-You could know when somebody replies to your post wither you are home or not.

- You can view reviews at the store as you are at the store decideing on which set to get when on a budget.

Those are just some of the possibilities that could be acheived. Proboards offers a app forum but it isn't the best out there because it costs 2.99 USD. There are more ways to do this though.

-Mr Solo

This has been discussed before, I see your direct question is a bit different, but I think the feeling is the same.

Here

Chance of a custom EB app; 1%. It would be too much work to create and then maintain it and then just give it away.

Chance of us supporting the official IPS iOS app when we upgrade the board next? 70%. But don't expect a time frame. Upgrading the board and all of the skins is a lot of work...

So in short, this poll is superfluous. The features will be as Invision provide and we'll implement it when we get around to it.

I personally feel that the normal format of EB works fine for me on my iTouch, my only issue is adding smilies and other special BBCode elements. Although, I've actually figured out the coding for what I use most, so that isn't so much of an issue anymore. :thumbup:

By the way Seigfreid, is the invision app for browsing ALL IP boards, or just a specific one? :sceptic:

By the way Seigfreid, is the invision app for browsing ALL IP boards, or just a specific one? :sceptic:

Looking at the page Sieggy Sinner linked to, it appears to be for all boards running IP Board 3.3.2 or later, but it costs $1.99 and all the reviews I saw gave it only one star, so... :sceptic:

i voted maybe because i guess it all comes down to costs.

the 3 sites i regularly use are avforums, hotukdeals & thedibb

avforums is on tapatalk but i dont use it as there's hardly any sites i nkow who do so why pay for it? however avforums does have its own iOS/android app which i use all the time!

hotukdeals is avaliable on few apps but they are rubbish. however there is a mobile version of their site but its far far to basic for me & i just stick to browsing the regular site.

thedibb has, what i believe, the best solution for this site. there's no app, just a choice of styles. right at the bottom of their forums theres a drop down menu for dibb - regular website, "mobile - wap style site, iphone - basic website view.

for me the iphone style is THE option you should go for on here! its still a website but its far easier to navigate & would just do the same as an app. just try it, goto www.thedibb.co.uk/forums then choose iphone (its just called that for a style name! still works perfect on any mobile/ipod touch)

I've often needed this...

Often needed what? This topic touches on numerous things from an app for browsing the forum to photo editing. Please elaborate.

I would use a EB iOS app, but I don't see a huge need for it. You can browse EB pretty easily on the Safari app that comes installed on Apple devices. I'm on an iPod touch right now, and it's working no problem! So I wouldn't worry too much about making an app.

Often needed what? This topic touches on numerous things from an app for browsing the forum to photo editing. Please elaborate.

:blush: I'm sorry. I actually don't think of an app to do other things rather than browsing the site, so my bad for not specifying. I'm often on my ipod touch browsing the forum, and posting is a pain since the screen is way too big, and browsing the forum is harder for the same reasons.

I'll admit, though, that I wouldn't use it more often than the PC site.

I'm fine with a a tablet and smartphone app, but it seriously annoys me that you're proposing it for iOS only. Android should get as much priority. For the past few days, I've been using Eurobricks alot on my Motorola Xoom tablet, which uses Android Honeycomb. It wasn't that bad, but a bit hard to click around. Please don't make it exclusive to Apple users.

members can't post links until they have made

It could have a feature that alerted when friends were online :laugh:

I'm on an iPod touch right now, and it's working no problem!

seriously annoys me that you're proposing it for iOS only. Android should get as much priority. For the past few days,

I'm fine with a a tablet and smartphone app, but it seriously annoys me that you're proposing it for iOS only. Android should get as much priority. For the past few days, I've been using Eurobricks alot on my Motorola Xoom tablet, which uses Android Honeycomb. It wasn't that bad, but a bit hard to click around. Please don't make it exclusive to Apple users.

Please read the whole thread, IF an app is supported, not created it would be the app from Invision, basically an app from the makers of our forum software, and currently they only have one for iOS.

I actually use an app for the forum Toonzone, and I've recently been posting here on my phone frequently. I would really love to see a Eurobricks app, even if it is part of a select forum viewing app...

I don't know if this means anything or not, but a lot of times, on my Apple devices, EB takes a while to load. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it doesn't load at all, but other websites do.

I don't quite know what that meant.

-Sci

Sorry to bump that old thread, but what's the progress of getting an Eurobricks app? Since "app" is a 3-letter-word, the forum search function did not return much results. Is it under construction at all? Or was that idea abandoned a long time ago? Any news on this topic?

Sorry to bump that old thread, but what's the progress of getting an Eurobricks app? Since "app" is a 3-letter-word, the forum search function did not return much results. Is it under construction at all? Or was that idea abandoned a long time ago? Any news on this topic?

Meh, I use the website on Safari all the time on the iPhone (heck, I'm using it right now). An app isn't necessary, and as much as I love Eurobricks, I wouldn't buy if I had to pay for it.

Since this topic was started, we've upgraded the board software and we have a mobile version and the full version. The mobile version in the browser works just as you would expect it to with the exception of perhaps one button* and is perfectly satisfactory, in my opinion. It's a little bland and generic, but it gets the job done.

*The Mark Content as Read button; you'd think it would mark as read all the topics in the forum you're viewing, like the button above the list of topics in the full version, but it marks as read all content across the entire board.

If you read through thia thread, you'll see that an app was never in progress, and likely won't be.

If you read through thia thread, you'll see that an app was never in progress, and likely won't be.

I read it entirely (and also this one) but I still wasn't sure how the current status is (since the last post here was more than a year old), thus I dared posting that question. Sorry to have bothered you, thanks for clarifying.

I really don't care for specialized apps to view special sites. I use Safari on my iPad or iPhone and it works well. Also whn using a custom app, I am not sure how following links to other non-forum sites would work. In short I would prefer to use Safari and have he forum just scale to he browser be it tablet, phone or computer.

Just MHO, YMMV

Andy D

I read it entirely (and also this one) but I still wasn't sure how the current status is (since the last post here was more than a year old), thus I dared posting that question. Sorry to have bothered you, thanks for clarifying.

Sorry if I came off sounding harsh, that wasn't my intention, Seigfried posted here that it would be too costly, unfortunately time doesn't really change that. App development is still expensive.

Chance of a custom EB app; 1%. It would be too much work to create and then maintain it and then just give it away.

Chance of us supporting the official IPS iOS app when we upgrade the board next? 70%. But don't expect a time frame. Upgrading the board and all of the skins is a lot of work...

So in short, this poll is superfluous. The features will be as Invision provide and we'll implement it when we get around to it.

I've just created an account here, but having had browsed for a while, I can see the obvious benefit of an app, free or no; though I would be happy to pay. I like the forum, private messaging and message alerts ideas.