Sign in to follow this  
cimddwc

MOC: Modular Butcher

indexed.gif B-OM-18E

I originally wanted to present this smaller house together with the police station planned next to it (of which I've shown a little preview before), but with the Modular Madness contest now I've postponed the police station; however since the butcher's house was almost done, I quickly completed that and show it here on its own now. Well, not completely on its own, since it sits next to some other houses you know already:

7187596744_de291fd639_z.jpg 7187596394_a6b1635e2b.jpg

Lets take a closer look:

7187596022_a53d74a176_z.jpg

The criminal chased by the police officer on the left is just a joke referring to the police station that I'll remove when it's completed. This doesn't apply to the officers on the right, though โ€“ they're entering the house for a reason you'll see a few pictures later...

7187600394_160b9fd6fa.jpg 7187600702_14e56f4eda_n.jpg

Lots of delicious food... Let's move on to the second floor:

7187599198_6e6f839301.jpg 7187595750_19cb9ea4f3_n.jpg

Here we see the woman in the second floor apartment, a New Age mystic currently using the golden fish pretending to channel some Atlantean archangel to help her client. It's not the only thing she's offering, though: any spiritual cleansing, faith healing, astrology, channeling, "alternative medicine", you name it โ€“ what her customers want, she delivers, using lots of mystic babble or scientific words used far out of context, as usual.

7187599470_059dd533f3.jpg 7187600166_b8397e9571_n.jpg

7187599924_7af5280aa7_n.jpg 7187599656_ec365fd01c_n.jpg

While many such practitioners actually believe in their reality-denying nonsense, she's clearly a deliberate fraud, doing it all for her real love: money. But the police is onto her, the officer in front of her door is just waiting for the reinforcement you saw outside. On the right, there's a closer look at her little bedroom with today's fees. Oh, sorry: she calls it "energy balance" (or whatever the typical English term is; it's "Energieausgleich" in German). She's not living here with that small bedroom and small restroom under the stairs, of course โ€“ she's got a big mansion elsewhere. Well, not for long anymore...

On the third and fourth floor, there's a nice apartment:

7187598898_45a39cacd4.jpg 7187598552_5123625e45_n.jpg

7187597676_c5fb60342c.jpg 7187598294_8bdc48a849_n.jpg

The resident woman's walking out to the roof-terrace to read the newspaper. And that's it, hope you like it. :)

ยป More images on Flickr

I :wub: it, 'cimddwc' from the brick work of the butcher;s shop exterior to the bedroom furniture ! :excited:

Now I wonder what's next ? :wink:

Very good work as usual. Fits nicely into your modular layout, I like the bay windows on the first floor and the apartment is very good for use of space too!

Thanks!

By the way, this building right here in my hometown was the inspiration for the bay's shape:

7188163850_005671b3aa_n.jpg

Though I decided it looks better when the upper bay is not off-center.

I don't think there is anyone else that is consistently putting out such great modulars as you are! The details are fantastic - the masonry work on the ground floor, the detailing on the bay window on the third floor, and just the overall scale is so completely perfect. I love that you don't constrain yourself to increments of 16-studs when making your buildings, and having everything at 4 floors rather than the standard 3 really makes everything look so much more realistic.

I'll admit that I am hesitant to try my luck at the Modular Madness contest if you're willing to toss something as great as this out there just to get it out of the way so you can work on something that will somehow be even better (as mind-boggling as that is). I hope the runner up prizes are good. :laugh: As always, blogged on Brick Town Talk!

Wow! I remember noticing the beginnings of this when you posted the XXL Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade, but I wasn't sure as to what I wold be! This looks really great, the stonework on he first floor is exquisite. The story about the medium made me chuckle, and he interior is great. Jonathan beat me to the punch of blogging this, so I'll have to catch you next time, with the police station. :tongue:

You have some serious skill. Your buildings are amazing! The first floor is beyond awesome, as is your interiors. It's neat to hear the story of what's happening and not just see the pictures.

Just one more thing...where's Ron!?(I see Harry with backpack and Hermione, they appear to be on the run). :tongue:

Edited by Legocrazy81

You have some serious skill. Your buildings are amazing!

Amen to that - but we knew that already :) I love the exterior on all the floors, and the colours used are lovely. The brick effect on the ground floor is a nice touch. And the interiors are exquisite - especially the butcher's and that apartment on the top two floors. I'm looking forward to your entry for the Modular Madness contest, it's going to mean fierce competition for the rest of us...

Looks great. I'm using similar stonework on my first floor, just not as extensive. If this is any indication of the quality of MOCs this contest will be fantastic and very hard to judge.

Thanks, everyone!

I'll admit that I am hesitant to try my luck at the Modular Madness contest

Oh come on, just a few pixels under that sentence, you got some nice pictures of your own, and I'm sure you can build a great contest entry, roo.

Just one more thing...where's Ron!?(I see Harry with backpack and Hermione, they appear to be on the run). :tongue:

Maybe they're hurrying to meet him? :) But I just used these minifigs as tourists, so I didn't plan any story behind that.

I like the upside-down grey curved slopes at the base of the second floor, under the bay windows.

Edited by gotoAndLego

So, I've been offline for a week, and this is what I saw first. It's great to be offline for a while to come back and find an amazing MOC. Cimddwc, you created another astonishing MOC with great details, outside and inside. :thumbup: I'm looking forward to see your police station (it looks very promising already).

So, I've been offline for a week, and this is what I saw first. It's great to be offline for a while to come back and find an amazing MOC. Cimddwc, you created another astonishing MOC with great details, outside and inside. :thumbup: I'm looking forward to see your police station (it looks very promising already).

Offline for a week??? I can barely catch up on everything after a DAY! :laugh:

Great modular, everything about it is just fantastic! I can't even imagine what the police station will be like, if this is any indication of your building skills.

Thanks again, everyone, and thanks for frontpaging it (together with Brick City Depot's 2 houses). But note that this one isn't 16 studs wide, but 20. :)

Thanks again!

Have you tried to bild houses with premade bricks. (they are for examples in set nr. 9440)

Once I got enough of these brick-bricks, I'll certainly try and use them somewhere, but I'm not sure if they'll actually look good in larger areas on elaborate modulars...

:wub: A great job. I love the ground floor, the way you made the walls out of 1x2 plates in different colours. The interior idrealy wunderfull. You made me very curios about the police station next door. Hope you can finish that one in the near future