HenrikLego

MOC: NSB EL17

This is my first attempt on a model of a norwegian train. The train is powered by a PF train engine. A photo of the real thing can be seen at the bottom.

7178172986_2476c8cd60_c.jpg

7178172570_3b253beb90_c.jpg

7178171830_e1b11cab0c_c.jpg

7178171374_a7c89418b6_c.jpg

El17KRH01.jpg

Excellent copy of a real engine in Lego 'HenrikLego', great pantographs and catching all the right angles of the front of the engine too ! :classic:

Brick On 'HenrikLego' ! :classic:

Yep, very nice and very realistic - highly recognisable! I've seen a few of these over the years :)

I love it, I think you have done shape of the train really well, especially the front and the upper parts of the sides of the train. Growing up I remember seeing these on Sørlandsbanen all the time before the Signatur trains came. I think I actually did take one of these trains from Oslo to Bergen a few years back as well.

Thanks for all the positiv feedback. It's nice to hear that you liked the sides and the snow plow, I had a hard time figuring out those.

I think I'll try with some stickers instead of the brick built logo and maybe do some changes on the top section between the phantographs.

Edited by HenrikLego

Nice work there, you have captured the look of this class loco really well, I also like the fact that you have made it 6 wide instead of the larger widths that tend to be the fashion of most builders these days.

This looks really faithful to the real thing, well done.

As somebody else mentioned, you did well on the plow. Those trains up in Norway have very distinctive plows :)

Great MOC and beautiful detailing - I especially appreciate the "greebling" of sorts on the top of the locomotive. And I applaud your decision to go for a brick-built logo rather than use a sticker - you've done a very good job there!