wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Underneath the bone armor he has a low cut shirt that shows most of his wrinkled chest, much like his head printing and the back of the head has similiar scarring.

The armour faces the other way around in the designer video and product page, thus not covering up the chest. Have you tried it? Maybe it would look better.

I just picked up "An Unexpected Gathering" for $69.99 from Fred Meyer. They only had one left of this set, and there were no other Hobbit sets. I did see a price tag for "The Goblin King Battle" whcih was indeed only $89.99.

Interesting Fred Meyer is the only store here in the U.S. that currently has the sets available.. usually it's TRU isn't it that comes out with them a few weeks early?

The armour faces the other way around in the designer video and product page, thus not covering up the chest. Have you tried it? Maybe it would look better.

Oops. Guess I thought the circle portion looked better in the front. Although if I do turn the armor around, it exposes this patch of his belly that would be too easy for Legolas to put an arrow thru. As mentioned the bone armor doesn't even look movie accurate anyway - in the movie it's almost like an exagerated collar that's over his shoulders and neck, plus the arm plating.

Interesting Fred Meyer is the only store here in the U.S. that currently has the sets available.. usually it's TRU isn't it that comes out with them a few weeks early?

Usually it's TRU and Fred Meyers around here that get new sets first. Freddies has been really good for getting the CMF before anyone else - it's been that way since Series 3.

Edited by Hawkman

Just found some more pictures of the goblins and orcs from the movie. Honestly, the goblins are absolutely repulsive.

Goblins

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/IoMhX.jpg

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/L8o7W.jpg

And orcs

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/zrtBN.jpg

It's a shame LEGO didn't go to a little more effort to make the orcs look distinguishable from the Mordor orcs, but still, they're cool. And I believe that the goblin is the one picture that has the tiny deformed legs is the Scribe. LEGO has really had to dial down the ugly to make more kid-friendly figures.

Looking at these goblins remind me that Peter Jackson once directed "Braindead". They look disgusting! As for their LEGO representation, I wonder if there will be battle packs. Otherwise, they only occur at the Battle of the Five Armies at the end of the book, and having the LEGO great goblin ruling over <5 goblins seems somewhat pathetic.

The scribe is played by the actor who was the scale double for Frodo in the Lord of the Rings (I don't know his name and am terrible when it comes to actors, in general).

Regarding the orcs, I wouldn't be surprised if they were from Mordor, or at least the same breed (in fact, I'd be surprised if they hailed from elsewhere). It would tie in the storylines of the Hobbit and the Necromancer. Although, as you speculated earlier, Yazneg and co. could be allied with Bolg from the North. This could explore the revenge storyline somewhat but wouldn't contribute to the overall plot of the movie, as far as I can tell.

Looking at these goblins remind me that Peter Jackson once directed "Braindead". They look disgusting! As for their LEGO representation, I wonder if there will be battle packs. Otherwise, they only occur at the Battle of the Five Armies at the end of the book, and having the LEGO great goblin ruling over <5 goblins seems somewhat pathetic.

The scribe is played by the actor who was the scale double for Frodo in the Lord of the Rings (I don't know his name and am terrible when it comes to actors, in general).

Regarding the orcs, I wouldn't be surprised if they were from Mordor, or at least the same breed (in fact, I'd be surprised if they hailed from elsewhere). It would tie in the storylines of the Hobbit and the Necromancer. Although, as you speculated earlier, Yazneg and co. could be allied with Bolg from the North. This could explore the revenge storyline somewhat but wouldn't contribute to the overall plot of the movie, as far as I can tell.

I was under the impression that the goblins of Goblinetown under the GG's rule were not connected to Bolg and his folk of the north. It's actually quite confusing, since in the book Bolg is the Lord of Moria, yet he looks nothing like the Moria orcs we saw in LOTR. Plus, Yazneg and his hunters look different from Bolg but they could be connected, which seems strange since in the book the Wargs and orcs chase the dwarves for revenge over the GG's death. The connections between all the different types of orcs is something I'm eagerly waiting to have explained more thoroughly in the Hobbit films, cause right now I'm confused.

Either way, I would like to see some more Goblintown goblins and more plain orcs. I've been looking at my LOTR armies, and I'm getting kinda sick of Uruks and how they look so militarized and cloned. Some more wild looking orcs are much needed to balance out the ranks of the forces of evil.

Also, I believe the actor's name is Kiran Shah, and he was the scale double for Frodo in LOTR and I think Bilbo for The Hobbit.

Edited by Fives

The official website has been updated, now featuring all sets. The character descriptions for Oin, Gloin, the Mirkwood elf chief and Mirkwood elf guard have also been added. And, of course, three new atmospheric photos.

http://thehobbit.lego.com

Warg pics per request:

Both Wargs have hinged jaws and some great painted detail around the eyes and teeth. They can just barely hold that bone in the grey one's mouth.

Edit: If anyone has some tips to uploading pics, that would be helpful. I just loaded these two and now it seems I can't load anymore.

Hawkman, can you post pic of Bifur without his hairpiece, please?

It's a shame LEGO didn't go to a little more effort to make the orcs look distinguishable from the Mordor orcs, but still, they're cool. And I believe that the goblin is the one picture that has the tiny deformed legs is the Scribe. LEGO has really had to dial down the ugly to make more kid-friendly figures.

Yes, I'm guessing the goblin in the upper elft hand corner in that first pic is suppose to be Scribe. He has a piece of paper in his hand just like we always see the Lego version having in the Goblin King Battle set. Also, his legs are severely tiny and messed up.. interesting Lego decided to use the short legs when his legs in fact look like nothing more than twigs! This probably explains why he is often seen sitting in the crane too...

I hope there is some explanation in the movie for why all the goblins/orcs look the way they do. Otherwise people unfamiliar with the book are probably just going to assume the goblins from Goblin Town have been living near an atomic bombs radiation too long :hmpf_bad:

Plus, Yazneg and his hunters look different from Bolg but they could be connected, which seems strange since in the book the Wargs and orcs chase the dwarves for revenge over the GG's death. The connections between all the different types of orcs is something I'm eagerly waiting to have explained more thoroughly in the Hobbit films, cause right now I'm confused.

Actually, if I remember correctly, the goblins from Goblin Town only chase the dwarves and company through their town and caves and are waiting at the exit door. I don't think the book ever states whether the goblins that meet up with the Wargs are the same ones. I am almost positive their main goal wasn't to hunt down the dwarves though and seek revenge. They were planning to raid the good peoples of Middle Earth and kill them and it just so happened the dwarves were there at their meeting place.

Actually, if I remember correctly, the goblins from Goblin Town only chase the dwarves and company through their town and caves and are waiting at the exit door. I don't think the book ever states whether the goblins that meet up with the Wargs are the same ones. I am almost positive their main goal wasn't to hunt down the dwarves though and seek revenge. They were planning to raid the good peoples of Middle Earth and kill them and it just so happened the dwarves were there at their meeting place.

Yea I agree,and I suppose Yanzeg is the leader of the orc hunters,but still I cant see the conection with Azog in all this mess,he takes part on the battle of the five armies but I wonder what role will he play now,and I have good felling that the scene with the wargs in the movie will be quite fun from what I see in the trailer and the pics there will be a big chase between the dwarfs and the orcs cant wait to see the movie!!! :grin:

Yea I agree,and I suppose Yanzeg is the leader of the orc hunters,but still I cant see the conection with Azog in all this mess,he takes part on the battle of the five armies but I wonder what role will he play now,and I have good felling that the scene with the wargs in the movie will be quite fun from what I see in the trailer and the pics there will be a big chase between the dwarfs and the orcs cant wait to see the movie!!! :grin:

Azog was Bolg's father who was killed in the Battle of Azanulbizar on the eastern gates of Moria. So, Bolg was therefore a Moria orc, but his appearance is so different from those seen in LOTR that the connection no longer makes sense.

Also, I hope the Warg scene is just as exciting as this! :laugh:

Azog was Bolg's father who was killed in the Battle of Azanulbizar on the eastern gates of Moria. So, Bolg was therefore a Moria orc, but his appearance is so different from those seen in LOTR that the connection no longer makes sense.

Also, I hope the Warg scene is just as exciting as this! :laugh:

Yea,I'm kinda get confused with the names,because I was talking about Bolg but I mentioned his father Azog,as I long I remember Spoiler!!!:Bolg gets killed in the Battle of Five armys by Beorn,but he will make an apperance in the first movie of the hobbit trilogy but as we all know PJ adds sometimes extra scenes on the movie which are not from the book.Overall cant wait to see how the movie will turn out especially the chase with the Wargs :grin:

........And orcs

http://cdn.wegotthis...loads/zrtBN.jpg

WOW. These orcs are really quite different as the armored orcs. I assume these orcs are from Mount Gundabad (capital city of the orcs at the Misky Mountains). In that city lives Bolg, who would later go on to fight the Battle of Five Armies.

I like the new "bone style". Why did LEGO not print new suitable torsos for these orcs?

Are new prints really so expensive?

Considering Frodo still has his coat on in Shelob Attacks, and Aragorn's still wearing the same (misprinted) outfit in Helm's Deep instead of the slightly more armored version, then yeah, it probably is :(

I'm a big fan of the Hobbit book, so I can't wait for the first movie, but also for these great looking sets. I also hope to get the Mines of Moria set soon.

I'm a big fan of the Hobbit book, so I can't wait for the first movie, but also for these great looking sets. I also hope to get the Mines of Moria set soon.

I received that set yesterday. It's a good set, but I have never seen such a huge sticker sheet. stickers all over the place, no printed parts! :/

"Spoiler!!!:"

If you decide to place a spoiler, just use a spoiler tag.

If you place the text right beside it, people can easily read it by accident.

Edited by General Magma