wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

New Zealand gets Hobbit sets late next month :tongue:

Presumably most places will, they ususaly appear in stores some before the real release date (dec 1.)

Lego The Hobbit site updated with the Riddles For The Ring set:

http://thehobbit.lego.com/en-us/products/79000

Seems like even though the artwork says otherwise, Gollum will have the same exp<b></b>ression as in the Shelob Attacks set.

If the artwork says so then we should get a Gollum figure with a new expression.

They also said the Bilbo Baggins figure is exclusive to the Riddles For The Ring set, while we also see him in the Barrel Escape set...

Different expression or another mistake, just like the wrong Gollum figure in the video?

Lego The Hobbit site updated with the Riddles For The Ring set:

http://thehobbit.leg.../products/79000

Seems like even though the artwork says otherwise, Gollum will have the same expression as in the Shelob Attacks set.

I think they just grabbed the wrong Gollum for the video

The orc head caps look strange on the backside, like they have to much skin there :tongue:

EDIT: better then nothing anyway :thumbup:

Edited by Moexy

The orc head caps look strange on the backside, like they have to much skin there :tongue:

EDIT: better then nothing anyway :thumbup:

And they don't appear to go far enough down the back to cover up the back side head printing. If this is the case, I would of rather Lego just not even do a double sided head print, I mean really the faces arn't that much different so why bother if it's going to make the figure look so bad from the back?

If the artwork says so then we should get a Gollum figure with a new expression.

They also said the Bilbo Baggins figure is exclusive to the Riddles For The Ring set, while we also see him in the Barrel Escape set...

Different expression or another mistake, just like the wrong Gollum figure in the video?

^^Highlights mine.^^

From the Lord of the Rings sets, we ended up with three unique Frodo figures (barely unique, but still different.) We had two torsos, and two different cloak colors. I agree, and think the alternate expressions are going to differentiate the Bilbo figures.

I found a release date and prices on a Dutch toysite, it sais 20 december 2012.

Riddles for the Ring = €11,95

Mirkwood Spiders = €26,95

Attack of the Wargs = €54,95

An Unexpected Gathering (Bagend) = €72,95

Goblin King Battle = €89,95

The prices seem all right, maybe a bitt more expensice then I thought it would be.

So that big figure is the goblin king, I thought it was supposed to be one of the trolls like in the Moria set! Isn't it a bit big for a goblin even if he is the king?

So that big figure is the goblin king, I thought it was supposed to be one of the trolls like in the Moria set! Isn't it a bit big for a goblin even if he is the king?

That's PJ's take on him. He is extremely obese and over sized.

When I first saw what the Great Goblin was gonna look like in the film, I was unsure. I felt that PJ had gone a bit far, but like the dwarf designs, I've gotten used to it, and now I can't wait to see this big ugly guy in action in the film!

He is extremely obese and over sized.

Peter Jackson or the Great Goblin? :laugh:

Peter Jackson or the Great Goblin? :laugh:

Hey now, Peter Jackson did drop a lot of weight! Though I think he was starting to put some back on...?

I really like Gollum's new print, way better than the last.

Oh me to its way better, but the set is terrrible if i do get it i'll just scrap it for the pieces (ive never had as many rock pieces as id like)

Edited by LegoLotRGuy

Yes, I am actually looking forward to riddles for all the rocky pieces. MORE rocks please!!!

Actually, I think we're also seeing alot of Guillermo del Toro's designs/styles, as well.

Actually, I think we're also seeing alot of Guillermo del Toro's designs/styles, as well.

I think people overestimate how much work del Toro put in.

I want LOTRs sets... but I don't have the budget. I'm sad.

I've gotta get Super Heroes and TMNT first. Another thing giving me pause are the horrible "Dwarf" legs. I hate those things. And all the hobbits and dwarves have them... I hate that they can't move.

Well thats odd in my country the sets are already anavailable,no kidding, I just ordered the Riddles in the Dark set,I'm just wondering if their indeed anavailable right now,if i get the set,i'll take some pics for you guys.

I found a release date and prices on a Dutch toysite, it sais 20 december 2012.

Riddles for the Ring = €11,95

Mirkwood Spiders = €26,95

Attack of the Wargs = €54,95

An Unexpected Gathering (Bagend) = €72,95

Goblin King Battle = €89,95

The prices seem all right, maybe a bitt more expensice then I thought it would be.

Very nice prices (except the Unexpected Gathering...) Thx for the heads up!

Well thats odd in my country the sets are already anavailable,no kidding, I just ordered the Riddles in the Dark set,I'm just wondering if their indeed anavailable right now,if i get the set,i'll take some pics for you guys.

This seems really soon. Like, a month too soon. If what you say is true and you do receive the set, I wonder what that means for us in North America, or even just Canada. Because as of right now I have the funds put aside to buy the whole wave upon release, I'm just waiting for that release.