wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I faked it, its all copies of Balin with some modifications. just for fun.

Oh good job.

BTW one of my bf's that works at a LEGO store said that one of the hobbit sets will be a unexpected set, I don't know is he was making a joke or not.(He probably was tho)

Edit: yeah he was talking about the bag end set.

Edited by Thorin Oakenshield

Oh good job.

BTW one of my bf's that works at a LEGO store said that one of the hobbit sets will be a unexpected set, I don't know is he was making a joke or not.(He probably was tho)

"an unexpected gathering" perhaps? :tongue: .

It might be a store exclusive set we havent heard of tho.

If you friend didn't wanna tell you the name of the supposed set I'm gonna guess it's not real..... or hes a jackass.

Gloin image from the game:

What_dwarf.png

That is a "generic dwarf" composed of Balins beard, Bomburs mustache, Gloins braid things, Kilis hair and gimlis face.

Edited by deskp

If you friend didn't wanna tell you the name of the supposed set I'm gonna guess it's not real..... or hes a jackass.

That is a "generic dwarf" composed of Balins beard, Bomburs mustache, Gloins braid things, Kilis hair and gimlis face.

Oh. :blush: But he looks good anyway.

Edited by Krulis

well he said it was a a mid sized set so i assume he ment bag end, he also said it had gandalf and dwalin so it is probably the bag end set. I will ask him more the next time i see him(in a week) actully i will call him on the phone.

Just got off the phone with him he said that it was the bag end set so nothing to get excited about.

Well you should ask him for the names for all the sets, and weather or not all the planned hobbit sets will still be released ;]

Well you should ask him for the names for all the sets, and weather or not all the planned hobbit sets will still be released ;]

They haven't been told yet, or mine hasn't.

He said that he does not know the final names, he also said that he does not know anything about if all the sets are still going to be released but he did say that gandalf would be in 2 or 3 of the sets(bag end of course is one of them) and that thorin would be in more than 1 set as well, i got off the phone after that, I would not belive all of it(he told me last year that there would be a yoda's hut set) but it is logical.

Supposedly with there being three movies now, they are having the first end sooner than they were going to. It was suppose to end around the Barrels out of Bond chapter, but now it is going to end after the eagles pick them up when they are in the trees trying to escape the Wargs/Goblins. Thats before the Mirkwood Spiders, they meet Beorn, and the barrel scene. Of course PJ might not have all the scenes go in the same order as the book...

I too am new here, so I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, but there's a lot of speculation in this thread being thrown around as fact. We don't KNOW exactly where the breaks in the movies will be. The change to the scroll image does not automatically mean that there has been a change to the ending of the first film. Is it likely? Probably. But again nothing has been confirmed.

If I'm wrong, please point me in the direction of the proof because I'm a hobbit/lotr nut and want to keep up with the latest news!

I too am new here, so I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, but there's a lot of speculation in this thread being thrown around as fact. We don't KNOW exactly where the breaks in the movies will be. The change to the scroll image does not automatically mean that there has been a change to the ending of the first film. Is it likely? Probably. But again nothing has been confirmed.

If I'm wrong, please point me in the direction of the proof because I'm a hobbit/lotr nut and want to keep up with the latest news!

Here is proof of where the first Hobbit film ends.

Sorry to break up the flow of the conversation, but I noticed on here that you have to order the "Special Edition" game version of LEGO Lord of the Rings to get the Elrond fig, but I can't find a "special edition" or "collector's edition" version of the game anywhere on Amazon.com (US). Am I missing something or will I get the Elrond fig if I preorder the regular game? I tried finding this in the search function, but it wouldn't pop up here and this thread is so long, I don't know where to start to get to the right post.

Would greatly appreciate any help on this!

Sorry to break up the flow of the conversation, but I noticed on here that you have to order the "Special Edition" game version of LEGO Lord of the Rings to get the Elrond fig, but I can't find a "special edition" or "collector's edition" version of the game anywhere on Amazon.com (US). Am I missing something or will I get the Elrond fig if I preorder the regular game? I tried finding this in the search function, but it wouldn't pop up here and this thread is so long, I don't know where to start to get to the right post.

This is not the place to talk about this but you can get elrond with any version at gamestop.com unless you live in europe.

Everything depends where you pre order it, if it doesent list the figure you won't get it.

ebgames.ca refused to confirm to me that the game came with Elrond (although gamestop.com did), so I went with Toys R Us since they sell it at the same price, and they DO advertise Elrond.

Bought my 2nd Uruk-Hai army yesterday. Amidst my huge collection, this is my first ever Lego set that I consciously buy twice. (Excepting motor packs and supplementary kits)

This is not the place to talk about this

Pretty sure that a question regarding the product of a theme merits a place in this topic. Considering there have been discussion on it already here.

-Omi

Here is proof of where the first Hobbit film ends.

Yup I'm well aware of the scroll images. While it is telling, I guess I don't consider Torn speculation to be the gospel. YMMV.

Yup I'm well aware of the scroll images. While it is telling, I guess I don't consider Torn speculation to be the gospel. YMMV.

The most telling sign for me will be if WB really enforces the recall of the Bridge Direct action figures of Legolas and Tauriel. If these two characters do get recalled, as rumor indicates, then that will be the definitive answer as to where the first movie ends - just before Mirkwood. There's not alot of other product out there that could give better signs - there's Lego, Weta, Gentle Giant, and some other smaller stuff, but most of those have just focused on the very primary characters and will probably not have to worry about taking Elves off the shelves.

The most telling sign for me will be if WB really enforces the recall of the Bridge Direct action figures of Legolas and Tauriel. If these two characters do get recalled, as rumor indicates, then that will be the definitive answer as to where the first movie ends - just before Mirkwood. There's not alot of other product out there that could give better signs - there's Lego, Weta, Gentle Giant, and some other smaller stuff, but most of those have just focused on the very primary characters and will probably not have to worry about taking Elves off the shelves.

Yeah I agree. I'm just not convinced that the first movie won't end with appendix A material or something entirely out of the blue. Who knows :sceptic:

Um i have come across a problem that i am very unhappy about and that is that i can not log into my main account it says wrong username or password and when i click on the forgotten password link and it says username does not exist, can someone fix this?

(i know it's off topic)

Edited by Thorin Oakenshield 2

never mind i was told to ask root admins

um could someone put a root admin link to there page?

I really hate going off topic, but I can't send you a PM, so here's a link to a Root Admin (Hinckley). :wink:

---

On topic:

If they really aren't making the Escape in Barrels set and the Mirkwood Spider set, I'm curious if they're going to release a D2C LOTR/Hobbit set in January 2013.

Edited by just2good

New game info

I really hate going off topic, but I can't send you a PM, so here's a link to a Root Admin (Hinckley). :wink:

---

On topic:

If they really aren't making the Escape in Barrels set and the Mirkwood Spider set, I'm curious if they're going to release a D2C LOTR/Hobbit set in January 2013.

imo both sets if not made will be replaced by new hobbit sets that are based on other action scenes.