wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

OK Here it is, Official HR images of the LOTR sets!

Get e'm on Eurobricks first!

All pictures link to HR version 2500+ .PXL

9469 Gandalf Arrives $12.99

Collect an iconic scene from the Lord of the Rings film series as he builds the Shire with Gandalf the Grey and Frodo.

Gandalf the Grey travels to the Shire to celebrate the 111th birthday of his old friend Bilbo Baggins.

As Gandalf makes his way through the Shire on his horse and cart, he meets an excited young hobbit,

Frodo Baggins. This is where the legendary adventure begins.

a_9469_box_front_800.jpg

b_9469_box_side_800.jpg

c_9469_detail_1_800.jpg

m_9469_minifigure_1_800.jpg

9470 Shelob Attacks $19.99

Stop Gollum from reclaiming the One Ring by saving Frodo from the webby lair of Shelob with

Samwise Gamgee and the Elven sword Sting. Plotting to reclaim the One Ring, Gollum lures Frodo

into the lair of the ancient giant spider Shelob. Will Shelob cast her web and capture poor Frodo,

or can Frodo's brave Hobbit friend Samwise Gamgee use the Elven sword Sting and rescue him in time?

a_9470_box_front_800.jpg

b_9470_box_side_800.jpg

d_9470_detail_2_800.jpg

e_9470_detail_3_800.jpg

m_9470_gollum_800.jpg

9471 Uruk-Hai Army $29.99

Save the people of Rohan from the Uruk-hai army as he defends the ancient fortress at

Helm's Deep with Eomer and the Rohan soldier. Under attack by the evil Uruk-hai Army, the ancient fortress at

Helm's Deep is the last refuge for the people of Rohan. As the Uruk-hai draw near, they fire hooks

from the armored hook shooter and try to scale the fortress walls. Can Eomer and the Rohan soldier

hold back the Uruk-hai and save the day?

a_9471_box_front_800.jpg

d_9471_detail_2_800.jpg

m_9471_minifigures_1_800.jpg

n_9471_minifigures_2_800.jpg

9472 Attack On Weathertop $59.99

Find the hidden weapon rack, spring the trapdoor and stop the Ringwraiths from taking the

One Ring at the Weathertop fortress ruin. Resting in the ancient fortress ruins of Weathertop,

Aragorn, Frodo and Merry are suddenly attacked by the Ringwraiths, the evil servants of Sauron.

Will the evil Ringwraiths take the One Ring from Frodo, or can Aragorn

stop them in time?

a_9472_box_front_800.jpg

b_9472_box_side_800.jpg

c_9472_detail_1_800.jpg

d_9472_detail_2_800.jpg

m_9472_minifigure_1_800.jpg

9473 The Mines of Moria $79.99

Defeat the giant cave troll with six mini figures at the Mines of Moria. This play set is packed with realistic details,

hidden features and action functions. On their epic journey across the lands of Middle-earth, the heroic

Fellowship of the Ring travels through the abandoned Mines of Moria. Pursued by the evil Moria orcs and

a giant cave troll, Pippin, Boromir, Gimli and Legolas make a stand in Balin's Tomb. Can the heroes hold back

the evil horde and make it out of the mine unhurt?

a_9473_box_front_800.jpg

b_9473_box_side_800.jpg

c_9473_detail_1_800.jpg

m_9473_minifigures_800.jpg

9474 The Battle Of Helm's Deep $129.99

Defend Helm's Deep against the mighty Uruk-hai army before they blast the walls and climb the siege ladders.

The walled fortress at Helm's Deep is under attack by the mighty Uruk-hai army. The forces of men, elves

and a dwarf must do everything they can to stop them from breaching the fortress walls. Can they prevent the

Berserker Uruk-hai planting the bomb and blowing up the wall? Will they stop the enemy climbing up the siege ladders?

The people of Rohan have never faced such a deadly threat!

a_9474_box_front_800.jpg

b_9474_box_side_800.jpg

c_9474_detail_1_800.jpg

9476 The Orc Forge $39.99

b_9476_box_front_800.jpg

OK, Thats all for now hope you enjoy! now for the other themes.......... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by GRogall

I wish Lego twisting my arm, even though it's an entry set.....very nicely detailed and I'm trying to see how they have built the wagon. :wink:

More please 'GRogall' (but thanks for this one so far :sweet: ).

Looking good. It's nice to finally see what I assume are the completely finalised sets. Thanks for posting them.

Thank you GRogall! :sweet:

They look like brilliant sets! :sweet:

Edited by Ceroknight

Yay, high-resolution images! :classic:

Looks like that is the final Cave Troll design. Oh well, I can live with that.

And that's what's inside Weathertop... I have no idea what it's meant to be, but it looks nice.

They look nice, but still seem to be inconsistent between box art and others pictures (mainly Urukai Army) the figs printing seems to change?

Wasn't interested in that set originally, but depends whether they armour is printed or not. Weathertop is still looking the best, for parts and display, IMO. So it's a shame they made one of the higher price points.

:cry_happy: These are the greatest Lego sets I have ever seen. Even Gollum doesn't look that bad. There is only one thing I don't understand. What is the letter in Gandalf Arrives?

:cry_happy: These are the greatest Lego sets I have ever seen. Even Gollum doesn't look that bad. There is only one thing I don't understand. What is the letter in Gandalf Arrives?

Maybe the envelope with the Ring in it.

I believe it's the envelope that Frodo puts the ring into in FOTR.

EDIT: Oops, looks like mObbY beat me to it! :grin:

Edited by Philip Robin

If I remember it correctly Gandalf did not want to touch the ring when Bilbo finally parted as he did not want to get tempted.

So it was put into a letter for Frodo.

Great set, also like Shelobs Lair a lot

Is the wizard's invite to the poor little orpan boy inviting him to Hogwarts and a world of adventure. Wait, sorry I'm getting confused, that's Star Wars isn't it :P

OMG ! *oh2*

Brick-built walls ! :wub:

City stuff, Marvel and now this.....oh, my wallet is going to hurt soon ! :laugh:

Thanks again 'GRogall' for these AWESOME images. :sweet:

I'm not a big LOTR fan, but I'm definitely going to re-watch the movies because these sets look fantastic in hi-res. I love every single one of these, and the minifigures and details look exceptional. :thumbup:

Like always, thanks 'GRogall'. :sweet:

has anybody figured out what the inscription above the door of Balin's tomb means?

The one on the tomb itself is the same as in the movie or the books.

Just wondering ...

Interesting. I was in the impression that I probably won't spend money on these, but boy was I wrong ....

Edit: http://www.tolkiensociety.org/ed/study_02.html

Looks like it translates to "diordie wæs here"

Could that be an easter egg :oh:

Edited by harakiri

Brick-built walls !

Nice to see instead of one piece walls. I wonder why they went this direction?

Steve