wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Well, yes, but these two sets are meant to be for the battle of Helm's Deep, where most Uruks wore heavy armor. For an 'Ambush on the Fellowship' set, plain armor would be perfectly reasonable. For now, I'm only interested in building the battle of Helm's Deep.

One more thing I slightly miss is crossbows. In the movie, they were used by some of the Uruk-hai. Then again, it's easy to fix from BL (or even PAB, they actually offer pearl dark gray crossbows).

If you are looking for more of the dark pearl breastplates, I know that the recent Kingdoms blacksmith set had one. I bought two of those sets when they first came out, so I can outfit two Uruks with armor. Also, if you have any sort of decent Kingdoms Dragon knight army, you should have some crossbows and armor to arm your army.

If you are looking for more of the dark pearl breastplates, I know that the recent Kingdoms blacksmith set had one. I bought two of those sets when they first came out, so I can outfit two Uruks with armor. Also, if you have any sort of decent Kingdoms Dragon knight army, you should have some crossbows and armor to arm your army.

Yes-yes, crossbows I have enough, and the plates are in progress. :classic: Thanks anyway, it's always nice to have such info.

Edited by Stiel

:wub_drool:

Just took another look at the finalized Uruks. My purchase list for LotR so far:

2x Helm's Deep

At least 8x Uruk-Hai Army

4x Orc Forge

2x Gandalf Arrives

3x The Mines of Moria

2x Shelob Attacks

Not sure how I'm going to afford it all, but what the hell, I'll figure it out. :laugh:

[quote name='Fives' date='26 February 2012 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1330290731 post='1217824'

Also, on a somewhat related note, if people are wondering what might be a good sword for the orcs in the Orc Forge set, the scimitars from the Pharoah's Quest theme would work beautifully, I think.

Yes, I use these swords on my Orcs and they work great. :classic:

Edited by RPGer

Just took another look at the finalized Uruks. My purchase list for LotR so far:

2x Helm's Deep

At least 8x Uruk-Hai Army

4x Orc Forge

2x Gandalf Arrives

3x The Mines of Moria

2x Shelob Attacks

Not sure how I'm going to afford it all, but what the hell, I'll figure it out. :laugh:

That is intense! I wish I had enough to buy that much! I don't even know if I'm gonna be able to buy any multiples! (but I still will)

Edit: I just noticed I became a count eight posts ago!

Edited by Fives

I finally watched The Two Towers!

I wonder if the Uruk-Hai Army set should have included Elves. In the Helm's Deep scene, for most of the initial fight, the Elves seemed to be the dominant force.

The only Elves we're getting are Legolas and Haldir... there's definitely room for more Elves in sets.

I wonder if the Uruk-Hai Army set should have included Elves. In the Helm's Deep scene, for most of the initial fight, the Elves seemed to be the dominant force.

The only Elves we're getting are Legolas and Haldir... there's definitely room for more Elves in sets.

Agree totally. Really hopeful that there can be some sort of Helm's Deep defenders pack with maybe two elves and two Rohirrim one a royal guard and another a more common soldier.

It would be nice to get an Elf battle pack but you never know, they may one day have a set from the last alliance. You've got plenty of opportunities to get good figs including Sauron in that set.

The film deviated a lot from the book when it got to the battle at Helm's deep in the inclusion of Elves, so it is possible TLG wanted to hit a bit more of a balance between book and film and have a small representation of the Elves. There should be more men there so I think they've got it just right.

If they brought in Elves, they would need to make another helmet and sword mold. As they already had the Uruk-Hai mold, it's rational that they would use that as much as they can. Hopefully they will bring us a battle pack or smaller set in future with some of the Galadhrim though.

As has been done with Theoden, Eomer and the Rohan Soldier, they could use the same helmets for Last Alliance Elves and the Galadhrim. They are rather different helmets, but similar enough to use a more generic mould.

For example:

2 Galadhrim with swords

2 Galadhrim with bows

1 Rohan soldier

1 Uruk-Hai

In a set of similar size to Uruk-Hai Army.

Elrond

Isildur

Elendil

2 Men of the Last Alliance

2 Elves of the Last Alliance

Sauron

1 Orc

In a set of similar size to Mines of Moria

If they brought in Elves, they would need to make another helmet and sword mold. As they already had the Uruk-Hai mold, it's rational that they would use that as much as they can. Hopefully they will bring us a battle pack or smaller set in future with some of the Galadhrim though.

As has been done with Theoden, Eomer and the Rohan Soldier, they could use the same helmets for Last Alliance Elves and the Galadhrim. They are rather different helmets, but similar enough to use a more generic mould.

For example:

2 Galadhrim with swords

2 Galadhrim with bows

1 Rohan soldier

1 Uruk-Hai

In a set of similar size to Uruk-Hai Army.

Elrond

Isildur

Elendil

2 Men of the Last Alliance

2 Elves of the Last Alliance

Sauron

1 Orc

In a set of similar size to Mines of Moria

I like these ideas, but in the set similar to Uruk-hai Army, I think one more Uruk would be more fitting. Maybe a berserker. Then it would truly be a good guy version of Uruk Army, with four good guys (rather than bad guys) and two bad guys, with one bad guy a bit stronger that the other. I really like the last alliance idea!

:drool::moar::drool::moar:

:laugh:

That is intense! I wish I had enough to buy that much! I don't even know if I'm gonna be able to buy any multiples! (but I still will)

That list is only if my Christmas bonus comes in before Christmas sales, so hopefully it will. If not, my list will just be the sets that are left on the shelves at whatever stores I can get to. :classic:

:laugh:

That list is only if my Christmas bonus comes in before Christmas sales, so hopefully it will. If not, my list will just be the sets that are left on the shelves at whatever stores I can get to. :classic:

Does S@H ship to Ninjago(:laugh:)? If so, you could order from them, as they would not sell out as quickly as a store would.

Does S@H ship to Ninjago(:laugh:)? If so, you could order from them, as they would not sell out as quickly as a store would.

I live in the U.S., so yeah, they ship here. :wink:

The only problem is that TRU has a Buy 1 Get One Free sale every year on LEGO around the beginning of December here, so that was where I was going to get most of the stuff. For example:

Buy 1 Helms Deep, get one free.

Buy 4 Uruk Armies, get 4 free.

Buy 2 Moria, get 1 Moria and an Ultra Sonic Raider free.

Buy 1 Gandalf Arrives and 1 Shelob, get 1 Gandalf Arrives and 1 Shelob free.

So, that's where I'm coming from with that list. Most of my LEGO shopping gets done during that sale every year.

The only problem is that TRU has a Buy 1 Get One Free sale every year on LEGO around the beginning of December here, so that was where I was going to get most of the stuff. For example:

So, that's where I'm coming from with that list. Most of my LEGO shopping gets done during that sale every year.

Really? I've never seen a Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale at Toys"R"Us in the last two years, lot's of Buy 1 get 1 half off, and that's not as good.

Really? I've never seen a Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale at Toys"R"Us in the last two years, lot's of Buy 1 get 1 1/2 off, and that's not as good.

I don't know. I get them every year. :shrug_confused:

I was wondering why you were getting two of Gandalf Arrives and Shelob Attacks. Not exactly army-builders.

I don't know. I get them every year. :shrug_confused:

Which state are you in?

picD7C699A5A15773B09B0210D497D87BCF.pngpic32A5ACF79CE231D747E0852B67224910.png

pic23F9C83C81B95CE3AE47647DCD2C7625.png

The lego site keeps adding minifig with descriptions. They messed up Eomer by using the rohan soldier minifig image :angry:

Lego Eomer is never catching a break. :angry:

LINK

*Snip*

The lego site keeps adding minifig with descriptions. They messed up Eomer by using the rohan soldier minifig image :angry:

Lego Eomer is never catching a break. :angry:

LINK

I can't wait to see what Eomer looks like.

What a beautiful torso and legs on Eomer!

If you are commenting on the "Eomer" that lego is presenting then thats the Rohan soldier, NOT Eomer.

EDIT: I guess you are commenting on Haldir, the elf in red.

Edited by deskp

Those pics looks great! Halide looks fantastic, and the berserker looks good too. Its too bad that they messed up with the pic for Eomer, but the Rohan soldier looks good. We'll probably be seeing Theoden and Eomer up there soon, along with hopefully the Uruk-hai, orcs, goblins, Lurtz and the troll.