wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Is any one thinking about getting 31004 Fierce Flyer to represent a Great Eagle?

That eagle looks decent and is probably the right scale, but personally I would much rather have a molded eagle. I think brick built creatures work well enough for the really big monsters like Balrog, Smaug, and Shelob, but I like the smaller(ish) creatures to be solid molds like the wargs and cave trolls and such. If the Fel Beast and Mumalkil are molds surely the eagles will be too.

Also, six new clips have been released!

http://geektyrant.co...u-to-watch.html

Darn, they are copyrighted here in the U.S. so we can;t view them :sad:

Does anyone else feel we may have benifitted from one additional set at the lower end of the price range?

Definitely. Over half of this wave is in the $40-80 range with only one set over $100, and one under at $9.99 (not including polybags). A 15, 20, or 25 dollar set would of definitely been nice instead of so many in the middle range. I would of killed for a 15-20 dollar army builder that included two common nameless orcs and a common warg. All well, at least we got the excellent Mirkwood Elf Guard Polybag for army building.

Oh, thanks :0 But it seems the Euro-countries have cheaper too... Maybe it's got something to do with those currencies. But then I don't need to feel ripped-off when buying lego, though it is difficult while studying to afford it... But then again, I get 2,800 SEK in "study contribution" (don't know if that's correct, but in Sweden, we get money when we study) every month, and it's free to go to the university so I can't complain.

Unless you are talking about something else.. that is insane. I would gladly pay double or triple the price for Lego if college here in the states was free (and we got paid to "study"). Right now the average private college tuition is just under $30,000 a year with public college coming in around 8,500 on average. That would be a lot of free money to buy Lego....

In the movie, the eagles are about the same size as the Fell Beast, so if one is molded the other will be too. At that large of scale, it's tough to say, but I would assume they are molded since the dragons were molded in the earlier fantasy line. But I still like the looks of that creator Eagle set.

I second the idea of more lower end sets to round out the collection instead of mid/high priced sets. It isn't that it is tough to complete, just you can't complete all at once and not having a $20 set seems weird. Almost all waves have something around there. It seems like a good price point for gifts.

Heh, 30k a year, that's a nice dream. 55 grand per year, but I'm still buying Lego...but little else.

The cost for one year of tuition and fees varies widely among colleges. According to the College Board, the average cost of tuition and fees for the 2012–2013 school year was $29,056 at private colleges, $8,655 for state residents at public colleges, and $21,706 for out-of-state residents attending public universities.

Just built Bag End, was irritated with the window design, couldn't figure it out at first. I like the design, can't wAit for Arkham.

Also got the barrle, spider and riddles sets.

That eagle looks decent and is probably the right scale, but personally I would much rather have a molded eagle. I think brick built creatures work well enough for the really big monsters like Balrog, Smaug, and Shelob, but I like the smaller(ish) creatures to be solid molds like the wargs and cave trolls and such. If the Fel Beast and Mumalkil are molds surely the eagles will be too.

Do you think we can expect a Fell Beast to be released? I keep looking at the Dragon from 7048 Troll Warship, and thinking 'if you were only in black...'

If LEGO still has useable molds for the pieces, you think it'd be an easy enough character to manufacture - I imagine even those castle fans who aren't necessarily fans of Middle Earth would be enticed. (Of course maybe I'm the only one who really misses the Fantasy Dragon enough to fantasize...)

Like the one from 7094 King's Castle Siege?

Very much so, except I kinda thought the added headgear on the green one would go very well with some chains, buckles, ect. and a saddle for the Witch King. (It looked good in my head, anyway...)

Does anyone know how much Mirkwood spiders is in NZ?

Is it wrong that my first thought was "why on earth would someone want to import more giant spiders into NZ?"... or is that just Australia that has the big hairy poisonous spider issues?

Does anyone know how much Mirkwood spiders is in NZ?

hey mate, goo dto see more kiwis here!

$50 for mirkwood. where in NZ are you? Im a wellingtonian

Unless you are talking about something else.. that is insane. I would gladly pay double or triple the price for Lego if college here in the states was free (and we got paid to "study"). Right now the average private college tuition is just under $30,000 a year with public college coming in around 8,500 on average. That would be a lot of free money to buy Lego....

Well, I have the privilege of living at home while I study, so I don't have to take a student loan. But even so, the going to university is free. And there is a thing called CSN (Centrala Studienämnden = Central Studies something...) from which people who study get money xD Though you have to apply for it, and if you don't pass the exams and so, they won't give you more money. It's to help us with buying bus tickets and school books. My 2,800 SEK a month is 420 USD :) But bus tickets for a month is 670 SEK and the books for the new courses can be expensive too. But it's a nice contribution to my small wallet

EDIT: While writing this I forgot that I was gonna write this:

Bought Helm's Deep yesterday. Was gonna save it for the Yule Eve but it was impossible to keep our (I and my brother) hands off it, so we assembled the set and it must be the best LEGO set we've ever bought. It's really nice that you get TWO cloaks for Haldir! :D Now we would need a good way to get an Urûk-Hai army to go with the set. We only have the ones from the set and those from the set with Éomer which in Swedish is called "Uruk-Hais Armé" (The Army of the Uruk-Hai)...

And like so many others we put the wall-piece from the Éomer set between the gate-piece and the exploding wall piece

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

Shouldn't The Lord Of The Rings be moved to licensed themes?

This has been discussed before, however the Mods have decided it belongs here. :wink:

Shouldn't The Lord Of The Rings be moved to licensed themes?

We will be keeping LotR and Lone Ranger if it ever comes up, much like Pirates kept PotC.

hey mate, goo dto see more kiwis here!

$50 for mirkwood. where in NZ are you? Im a wellingtonian

I'm in Auckland! Good to see another kiwi too!

Thanks for the information!

Is it wrong that my first thought was "why on earth would someone want to import more giant spiders into NZ?"... or is that just Australia that has the big hairy poisonous spider issues?

No not really...... We have massive ones here too. Take yesterday. Just walked into the garage and one dropped onto my face. NO JOKE! IT WAS MASSIVE!!!!!!

Very much so, except I kinda thought the added headgear on the green one would go very well with some chains, buckles, ect. and a saddle for the Witch King. (It looked good in my head, anyway...)

I think the Fantasy Era Dragons are a little small for the Fel Beasts? Something more along the lines of the smaller Ninjago Dragon's is probably getting closer to where they should be. (Granted Lego does often reduce scales for play purposes and just making it all fit)

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=70503-1

Darn, they are copyrighted here in the U.S. so we can;t view them :sad:

Try Youtube - I've seen a couple of them there as of last night. Though they'll probably get pulled soon. Or a basic Google search found me another site that has them.

I was literally about to ask if anyone had a pic of all the dwarves together. They look nice.

Nori's hair really should have been brown.

Edited by Archer