wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

In case anybody was hoping for printed maps in "An unexpected Gathering", I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Here's an unboxing video clearly showing the maps to be "stickered" :(

In case anybody was hoping for printed maps in "An unexpected Gathering", I'm sorry to disappoint you. Here's an unboxing video clearly showing the maps to be "stickered" :(

What?! That's ridiculous....and it makes very little sense, because Thror's map in the Hobbit game is printed. :angry:

Review of the goblin king battle

Wow, this rivals the Mines of Moria regarding the amount of stickers.... :thumbdown:

It's pretty bad. He didn't even bother to take any photos himself. The link just2good gave has another review (but the quality is horrible).

try switching to 720p

Do you guys think lego should have used Woody's long arms(from toy story) on the goblins, base on the movie previews ?

When are these guys getting released at LEGO stores? There's a store downtown here that has the whole range up on the shelves, but they always overcharge so I avoid buying there. I hope to grab up a few of these sets on Brick Friday, but I'm unsure if they'll be available. I hope so. It's really where I wanna put my LEGO money and I can't really think of anything else to spend the $100 on.

When are these guys getting released at LEGO stores? There's a store downtown here that has the whole range up on the shelves, but they always overcharge so I avoid buying there. I hope to grab up a few of these sets on Brick Friday, but I'm unsure if they'll be available. I hope so. It's really where I wanna put my LEGO money and I can't really think of anything else to spend the $100 on.

I got both of mine from eBay and Kmart.

Where are you in Canada? I'm in Toronto, so if there is a store downtown somewhere with these sets on shelves, I may be interested.

Higher quality review of "An unexpected Gathering" which is veeery niiice, as you see here :wink:

Edit: Link is not displaying for some reason. So just search youtube. Uploader "Brickraider".

Edited by Lynx

Where are you in Canada? I'm in Toronto, so if there is a store downtown somewhere with these sets on shelves, I may be interested.

Toys Toys Toys in the Eaton Centre. Although I would never recommend supporting that store.

Got the Riddles set from eBay! Here's my video review!

Nice review! Particularly liked the comparisons between Sam/ Bilbo and the two Gollum versions. This set seems perfect to attempt a modification, using a baseplate, some rocks on the side and water to create parts of the lake. Definitely going to buy it if I find it under 20 dollars.

Nice review! Particularly liked the comparisons between Sam/ Bilbo and the two Gollum versions. This set seems perfect to attempt a modification, using a baseplate, some rocks on the side and water to create parts of the lake. Definitely going to buy it if I find it under 20 dollars.

Thanks for the feedback!

I made a mistake in the review. The ring plate is supposed to be moved one stud to the left, which makes that play function work when the grotto is closed.

I can't wait for a good video review of Attack of the Wargs. Who cares if you're the first? It's the quality of the review that matters.

I can't wait for a good video review of Attack of the Wargs. Who cares if you're the first? It's the quality of the review that matters.

That's my motto! :grin:

I am looking forward to one too. I think we'll see one when LegoLee329 reviews it next week, as he ordered it. I also can't wait to see reviews of the Barrel set!

Higher quality review of "An unexpected Gathering" which is veeery niiice, as you see here :wink:

Bilgo? :wacko:

When are these guys getting released at LEGO stores?

I think we've been hearing Nov 27th in Lego stores. Just after the BF sales, which makes sense because Lego doesn't want to offer the new stuff with any kind of discount just yet.

Bilgo? :wacko:

I wondered the same. If you obviously have zero interest in the Hobbit, why would you purchase these expensive sets? Oh well, to each his own, and I'm happy for each review (although this set is a must-buy since July anyway). However, I must admit that I turned this particular review to silent after hearing "very nice, as you can see here" for the tenth time within two minutes.

Edit: One unrelated note: The only thing I dislike about An unexpected Gathering (aside from the stickers) is the inside of the door. I wonder how it would look if you'd replace the white square with a brown, round 4x4 piece (i.e. the wheels of the Uruk-hai Army ballista).

Edited by Lynx

I wondered the same. If you obviously have zero interest in the Hobbit, why would you purchase these expensive sets? Oh well, to each his own, and I'm happy for each review (although this set is a must-buy since July anyway). However, I must admit that I turned this particular review to silent after hearing "very nice, as you can see here" for the tenth time within two minutes.

That was an awesome review. Of course, I was playing a drinking game [one shot per "very nice," two per "as you can see"] and as such, I'm super drunk right now.