wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Lord of the Brick

A list of sets for LEGO Hobbit is already registered on a site selling online German (Spielwaren-kontor24.de) and although one can still doubt the reality of the thing, we can legitimately think that is close to what will be the first wave of sets scheduled for December 2012. We thus find:

79000 - Mystery of the Ring

79001 - Fleeing From The Mirkwood Spiders

79002 - Attack of the Wargs

79003 - Bag End

79010 - Cave of the Orc King

Little or no information on the content of these sets for now, except that it is probably 79,003 Bag End set to be unveiled today at the Comic Con in San Diego ....

Translated into English - rumours of course..

Those were credited yesterday as just rumors. It is pure speculation on their part. A couple pages back you can see the discussion about that exact same web page.

Edited by Spider-Man

Those were credited yesterday as just rumors. It is pure speculation on their part. A couple pages back you can see the discussion about that exact same web page.

Sorry Spidey! This thread tends to jump quite a few pages between my visits so I miss a lot.

The reason that list of sets sounds like speculation to me is that, other than Bag End, the set names seem to be strange. I really doubt that a set depicting Gollum's cave will be called Mystery of the Ring. It would most likely be called 'Gollum's Cave'. Same goes for the other, especially the Orc King one. The name of the character is the Great Goblin, so if there is a set that would use his name, it would probably be something using Great Goblin, not Orc King.

Anyway, hopefully we'll get at least a set list along with the pics of Bag End.

Sorry Spidey! This thread tends to jump quite a few pages between my visits so I miss a lot.

No problem my Woodland friend :classic: Trust me I know how things have been getting thrown around lately!

The reason that list of sets sounds like speculation to me is that, other than Bag End, the set names seem to be strange. I really doubt that a set depicting Gollum's cave will be called Mystery of the Ring. It would most likely be called 'Gollum's Cave'. Same goes for the other, especially the Orc King one. The name of the character is the Great Goblin, so if there is a set that would use his name, it would probably be something using Great Goblin, not Orc King.

Surely the goblins from The Hobbit will be the same as Moria orcs, so it is possible that they end up referring to him as the Orc King as well,

other than The Great Goblin. But nonetheless, it seems like a strange list to me purely based on the first half of the book.

The Battle of Dol Guldur was supposed to appear in the movie with the White Council 'n all, it would be strange of them to miss out on the opportunity to have

Gandalf, Radagast, Galadriel, Saruman, Elrond, Sauron as The Necromancer and maybe a few Ringwraiths in one set... and this way all the sets just focus on Bilbo,

not looking forward to another Jack Sparrow or Anakin Skywalker party. (The drinks sucked :tongue:)

I'm hoping for the actual set list soon (as well as some pictures), and I hope that it's a good one...

$80 sets based on scenes situated inside of caves that don't have much to them don't make sense to me anymore. That might work as a $20-40 set, but $80? :wacko:

Edited by General Magma

From Lego's Facebook page.

376559_10150950465518403_2070537941_n.jpg

That's the most green I've seen in a set in a long time.

Edited by prateek

Sweet! I wonder how much it will be? Looks like a nice $40 set in my opinion, but more likely it will be $50 I think.

pictures picttures pictures... :laugh:

but seriously non yet? here in NZ it's 10 in the morning on friday the 13th, surly some images have come in?

EDIT: wow thats amazing! :wub: TLG has really put some great detail into this one!

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

From Lego's Facebook page.

{pic}

That's the most green I've seen in a set in a long time.

:drool:

That's just too good.

I'll buy it. And I like the way LEGO build its new models with many bricks and not half open! :thumbup:

The green! It burnsss!! It burnsssss usss!! :cry_sad:

YES! It looks perfect, so much green as well! I love it, can't wait to make my own Shire. :laugh:

Looks brilliant! Thanks prateek!

But is that the set that's supposed to be the same price as Weathertop? Better not be :sceptic:

Thanks prateek! That looks awesome! You are right, that's a lot of green! Probably the most green I've seen in a set in a long time! I'm really excited for this set! I love the way they used SNOT to get the round door effect, and from what I can see, Theodore itself looks like it could be a new piece. Also, it looks like the roof will be detachable from the top for access inside.

Can't wait to see some more pics! :cry_happy:

Hollow round 4X4 plates? Whoooooooooooooohoooooooooo

Isn't the door a round 6x6?

Edit: Orange flowers too?!

Edited by Edmond Dantes

It looks good enough, I suppose. Accurate, and I can't imagine LEGO doing much better with the organic feel the Shire has. I fear the Weathertop Effect though. Solid build, good parts, terrible price. :sadnew:

Seriously though, that's a lot of green. *huh*

This is a great set. I like all the green, and the round windows with some new bricks. I'm definitely looking forward seeing more from the theme. Thanks for the picture! :thumbup:

With 6 minifigs in this set, I would guess at a $60USD price point.

EDIT: That is one amazing looking set... and applicable to both sets of movies.

Edited by ghostmind

Wow... I wasn't really anticipating a Bag End set, but then I see this!

It looks amazing - at first it didn't even look like an actual set to me.

The designers of the Middle-Earth sets AND minifigures are doing a fantastic job! Can't wait to see the rest!

I just love that set!!

But I fear it will be a bit more expensive than 50$

Look at all the new pieces Lego made for this set and all those figures...