wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Everything is absolutely beautifully done. I can't wait to get all of these sets! I won't lie though, I'm kind of disappointed that the Uruks are using that axe. I wish they would have made a new pike for them but I'll figure something better out. The detail in each set is amazing and the figures are just to die for.

One of the best things about this theme is that we don't get clones of the main characters in every set. And with LotR it is't such a hassle because you can easily transform them to generic army-guys.

Have you guys seen a close look of the printed ring and the back of Legolas' hairpiece? Oh-my-God

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2012_Toy_Fair%2FLego&pic=IMG_8465.jpg&dispsize=800&start=200

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2012_Toy_Fair%2FLego&pic=IMG_8489.jpg&dispsize=800&start=220

EDIT: Theonering.net has even better pictures! :sing:

Edited by Otherworld

Link to this galler has been posted, and I dont think the ring is printed. its jsut chromed with reflections. the ring only shows writing like 3 times in all the movies.

Link to this galler has been posted, and I dont think the ring is printed. its jsut chromed with reflections. the ring only shows writing like 3 times in all the movies.

Uh, I just saw other pics in this new site.. the pic I posted really makes the ring look printed, what a bizarre lighting *huh*

The Mines of Moria set has improved a LOT :oh: I was going to skip that one, but now it looks like my wallet will have to take another blow. OH THE PAIN!

This scene is just so epic. I wasn't all that impressed with the Ringwraiths at first, but now they look great.

Looks like the orc forge is just a glorified battle pack with a light brick. :hmpf: I'll be happy to skip that one.

Helm's Deep just looks jaw-dropping. LEGO definitely went the extra mile with these sets, I absolutely can't wait.

Close-up of Theoden, he is awesome. Lots of good pics from the onering.net

The detail TLG is putting on these helmets is just Jaw Dropping. And I think Gimli's is a new mold, too! :wub:

I just realized how many new molds we will be getting in the first wave:

1. Uruk-Hai Shield

2. Uruk Hai Helmet

3. Uruk Hai Sword

4. Gandalf's beard

5. New Horse

6. Hobbit Hair

7. Sting

8. Gollum

9. Rohan Helmet

10. Orc/Goblin hair

11. Cave Troll

12. Ginli's Beard

13. Gimli's Helmet

14. LEgolas's Hair (it looks longer than the CMF elf hair)

15. The Ring

16(?). The Hobbit Sword looks like it could be a new mold judging by some of the mines of moria pictures (pippin is holding it)

And i don't know if it counts as a "mold" but the ringwraiths cloak looks new. This means there are around 16 new molds from this line not to mention the amazing amount of new printing and bricks in new colors (i.e. the "bricks brick")

Looks like LEGO really cares about this theme

All of these look truly amazing.

No words have ever gone into existence that can describe the epicness of all this to its fullest. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Even those reversible heads are amazing too and highly add up to the detail,

and all the detail they put into this... man. It's clear; LOTR is the new crown jewel of all LEGO themes, best of the best... :cry_happy:

The only thing I wasn't sure about was the Uruk-hai berserker with his helmet printed on the head, but it's fine nonetheless. Still fantastic.

Continue this line, LEGO, and you'll have all my money.

~ General Magma

I just realized how many new molds we will be getting in the first wave:

1. Uruk-Hai Shield

2. Uruk Hai Helmet

3. Uruk Hai Sword

4. Gandalf's beard

5. New Horse

6. Hobbit Hair

7. Sting

8. Gollum

9. Rohan Helmet

10. Orc/Goblin hair

11. Cave Troll

12. Ginli's Beard

13. Gimli's Helmet

14. LEgolas's Hair (it looks longer than the CMF elf hair)

15. The Ring

16(?). The Hobbit Sword looks like it could be a new mold judging by some of the mines of moria pictures (pippin is holding it)

And i don't know if it counts as a "mold" but the ringwraiths cloak looks new. This means there are around 16 new molds from this line not to mention the amazing amount of new printing and bricks in new colors (i.e. the "bricks brick")

Looks like LEGO really cares about this theme

The "hobbit sword" is the gladiator sword from the minifigure series.

@deskp: It's a new sword, as can be seen on this pic:

http://www-images.theonering.org/torwp/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/IMG_3769.jpg

And here's the gladiator sword for comparison: 95673.jpg?3

But thats not the sword Pippin is holding in Mines of moria.

Anyone know what color they are using for the Goblins? I thought it was olive green, but its some ligther shade.

@Plissken & deskp: You're right, my bad :laugh: I haven't noticed that Sting had already been mentioned on that list :wink:

The alternate facial expressions look good as well, I especially dig Sam's and Pippin's (though Frodo's creeps me out, look at those dead eyes :grin: )

The inside of Weathertop makes me think of the Barrowdowns. Seeing as they don't appear in the movies I doubt it, but hey-ho.

As they put the Rohan Warrior and Eomer round the wrong way, we don't get a good look at Eomer's torso, but his helmet looks like it is silver with gold highlights, cool.

The Mines of Moria set has improved a LOT :oh: I was going to skip that one, but now it looks like my wallet will have to take another blow. OH THE PAIN!

This scene is just so epic. I wasn't all that impressed with the Ringwraiths at first, but now they look great.

Looks like the orc forge is just a glorified battle pack with a light brick. :hmpf: I'll be happy to skip that one.

Helm's Deep just looks jaw-dropping. LEGO definitely went the extra mile with these sets, I absolutely can't wait.

when you zoom in on the orc forge, does it say 39.99. I cant quite make it out?

when you zoom in on the orc forge, does it say 39.99. I cant quite make it out?

Actually, is there a price list for the US or Canada? If there is, could someone post it?

Wow, where to begin? My hesitation about the horse mold . . . GONE! They look absolutely stunning. Very detailed. Most important, they aren't molded in that one position!

I'm excited about the orc armies I'll get too build. This sets allow for a lot of orc minifigs. Hopefully down the line, they'll release elven, dwarf, Rohan, Gondor, Easterlings, etc.

I'm in loving with the Rohirrim minifigs. Wow, LEGO nailed it perfectly. Have you seen Theodon's armor and helmet? Beautiful.

I take back all caution I had about this theme (well, still hate the fleshies), the sets and figs look so good. Can't wait until they are released!