wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Maybe that's why they will start with LOTR sets. And after we will get the movie, they will also give us Hobbit sets, but that is technicaly 2013 (december 2012) and is beyond my knowledge.

If I remember correctly it was similar with HP: first few "must have" sets from old movies, and then, with the movie, some newer stuff (same with IJ)

Maybe that's why they will start with LOTR sets. And after we will get the movie, they will also give us Hobbit sets, but that is technicaly 2013 (december 2012) and is beyond my knowledge.

With your knowledge FROM WHERE? You don't have sources.

Frankly LoTR is too BIG not to license it for Lego. It'd be the best selling license next to Star Wars (not that that's saying much).

I really doubt there will be a LOTR theme.

What is the main purpose of the wars and bloodshed in the trilogy?

The ring!!

And I cannot fathom how they will make the One Ring for minifigures.

If LEGO forgets the most important part of the trilogy, that would just be a sad fail and to only make a theme for The Hobbit will be very useless I think.

I mean the Twilight Saga would be better! :hmpf:

I still don't see LEGO making a LOTR theme, no matter how much I'd like it. I would love it, I'd buy it all (probably several times over), but I'm not holding my breath.

However, I do still think the fantasy era was their answer for LOTR fans, and I would not doubt that we'll see a second fantasy era (whatever they want to call it). After all, they never gave us elves.

I still don't see LEGO making a LOTR theme, no matter how much I'd like it. I would love it, I'd buy it all (probably several times over), but I'm not holding my breath.

However, I do still think the fantasy era was their answer for LOTR fans, and I would not doubt that we'll see a second fantasy era (whatever they want to call it). After all, they never gave us elves.

Well, they didn't in the fantasy era sets, but they did give us the Collectible Minifigures elf.

As far as the possibility of the LOTR theme, while I would love it, I agree that it probably won't happen. I'll wait for leaked pics or set numbers before I actually get my hopes up.

And I cannot fathom how they will make the One Ring for minifigures.

Could they not just put it on a 1 x 1 tile and allow the mini figs to hold it?

Edited by The Snowman

Could they not just put it on a 1 x 1 tile and allow the mini figs to hold it?

Would you really be satisfied with that though? :sceptic:

However, I do still think the fantasy era was their answer for LOTR fans

I agree with you, but at the same time Johnny Thunder was clearly LEGO's answer for Indy fans before they ever thought they would make Indy sets.

Would you really be satisfied with that though? :sceptic:

When are AFOLs ever satisfied with anything? :tongue:

I've seen no actual evidence from any of the people spreading this rumor, however, I wouldn't put my money against Lego releasing LOTR sets at some point. Whether these rumors are true or not, Lego wants to make lots of money and I'm sure they're aware of the potential gold mine here.

While I think everyone would welcome LOTR Lego sets, there hasn't been an official or unofficial announcement made by TLG and the comment from TT about a potential video game isn't a source since they just agreed that it would be possible to make a LOTR Lego game. Cwetqo has chosen not to reveal his source, either to protect them or because he has none. Anyone reading this thread should be able to see that there is very little authenticated information about this potential theme.

If they are making the sets, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a May or late summer release so they can generate interest in the movie.

They could make a ring on a 1x1 tile similar to Jack's compass, but yes it would be quite large for a ring.

I guess it could be hiding in "its" pocket?

I mean the Twilight Saga would be better! :hmpf:

No, not twilight, not twilight :sick::laugh:

The too violent argument. Is not valid, look at ROTS, Anakin kills all the children, The last Harry Potter scene, it quite suitable for children :tongue:

The real problem is lots of people want it to happen but it won't happen :cry_sad:

This most be proof enough for the game i hope...

http://lego-fanon.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Lord_of_the_Rings:_The_Video_Game

If not, this would be the most planed hox iv ever seen...

Two points

Point number one: It says fanon wiki

Point number two: wikis are not relible unless sourced like one of the battle packs from are star wars battle pack compition keeps fooling brickipedia :laugh:

How about this?

http://nukezilla.com/2011/05/19/travellers-tales-announces-new-lego-game-the-sun-rises-in-the-east/

"This year saw the release of both Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars and Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. Rumors of a Lego Lord of the Rings are still going strong, but TT Games still will neither confirm nor deny them."

And the first comment is: "Faye Lanks Says: May 20th, 2011 at 1:29 am (Reply) I had a TT employee accidently confirm he was working on Lego:LOTR about a year ago. I wonder if that’s still in the works? or maybe it got canned…"

U should have taken this in stead.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/lego_harry_potter_years_14/news/tt_lego_lord_of_the_rings_would_definitely_work.html

Thats the first article after the interview.

I don't see the point of posting articles over 3 months old that has no solid evidence.. :sceptic:

Thats because an product are not produced over night. Lots of LEGO sets have been put on a break for many years before they are taken up again for a new check.

But i found this articel from 2009:

"Lego Harry Potter, Crystal Skull games next from Traveller's Tales

A staff member at UK studio Traveller's Tales has seemingly confirmed that the developer is currently working on two new Lego games, long-rumoured to be in production.

According to the staff member's CV, Lego Harry Potter and Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull are both in development at the Warner Bros owned studio.

While EA has the rights to publish one more game based on the Harry Potter movies, Warner Bros is the parent of the Potter franchise and has already put Traveller's Tales to work on other brands including Batman.

The staff member also states that they had worked on a demo to pitch to Peter Jackson for a game based on the forthcoming Hobbit movies, due in 2012.

Traveller's Tales is known to be working on one other Lego title - Lego Battles - due for release on the DS this year, and had considerable success with the Lego Star Wars franchise."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/lego-harry-potter-crystal-skull-games-next-from-travellers-tales

Its not easy to find confirming news. im looking every day on numerous sites.

And this sentence along with LOTR Rings was found in the .exe file of the PotC demo from LEGO homepage when u open it in WordPad

"This is used for the 'wrinkle' tech introduced in 2009 for LOTR"

Edited by eiker86

Hmmm... Still no really reliable info from LEGO, but it's surprising how much enthusiasm Travelers' Tales has been showing about the possibility. It makes you wonder, would they ever release a story-based game without an actual LEGO theme accompanying it, like they did with the less story-based LEGO Rock Band? Or do they know something we don't about the likelihood of a theme?

People have made good observations in that this would be similar to so many other licenses, adopting a franchise that has an established trilogy behind it but also a new installment due for release. I don't personally think that violence would be a huge problem; after all, TLG's non-licensed Castle themes have plenty of weapons and combatants without worrying about any excessively violent overtones. If certain scenes are too violent for TLG, chances are they would just refrain from releasing those scenes in sets, but I doubt they'd just outright reject any scenes where nameless orcs happen to die. Those nameless orcs wouldn't be the focus of most sets anyway!

So anyway, I'm on my way to being convinced. I still haven't seen anything solid enough to have me outright anticipating sets, but it would be a good license for TLG to adopt and now that we have some tenuous hints I wouldn't put it past them.

I would dearly love this rumour to be true, it would be a absoloute dream licence. :wub: But i won't be getting too excited without more solid information. I can't help but say though - the potential for "The Hobbit" sets is mouth-watering: 12 dwarves! Wood elves! Trolls! (hope they are brick built! But probably not) Goblins and Wargs! Gollum! Smaug! (Definitely brick built!) Giant eagles! A 1x1 tile with a printed ring on it is a mere trifle compared to what could be. Anyway, people have been banging on for ages about the rubbish sticks/wands in the HP sets, but that theme hasn't seemed to suffer any. :wink:

If this rumour proves to be true - LEGO will officially be the best thing EVER! Imagine how awesome it would be :wub: So much possibilities, nearly as big as Star Wars in that matter, imagine the sets and the minifigs!!! :wub:

I think maybe they either chose a fantasy era theme to test the waters for future fantasy themes, or they did it as an answer for LOTR fans full well knowing they won't do a future theme.

Either way, I missed the fantasy era theme so I wouldn't mind another sometime in the future with elves!

I think maybe they either chose a fantasy era theme to test the waters for future fantasy themes, or they did it as an answer for LOTR fans full well knowing they won't do a future theme.

Either way, I missed the fantasy era theme so I wouldn't mind another sometime in the future with elves!

Well, if the 2009 Pirates theme was meant to test the waters for PotC which was released about a year after the 2009 theme was retired and if RoboRiders/Slizers/Throwbots were only released a year before BIONICLE, then why start a test market in 2007, retire it in 2009 for a possible theme four years later in 2013? *huh*

(And don't say, just think positive to me, I am actually not very interested in a LotR theme :sadnew: )

:classic: