Steinkopf

MOC: Bm4/4II

Hello Everyone

I would like to share some pictures of my latest addition to the LBB fleet the Bm 4/4II Diesel Hydraulic Locomotive, this locomotive was built to replace my venerable diesel loco from set 4512 which I have had since 2003, I have paid homage to the original loco in some respects by replacing it with a similar style off centre cab design as well as using the Dark Grey and Green colour scheme, there is some Dark Bley mixed in as well to give it a slightly weathered look :wink: . The main inspiration for the design comes from a variety of MaK built locomotives and is a mish mash of sorts with bits and pieces from the V90, G 1204 and NS 6400 Class mixed in. The Bm 4/4II Class are mainly employed on the non electrified sections of the LBB network which includes 2 Branchlines as well as a number of industrial lines and sidings, besides being used as a branchline locomotive they are also used as a heavy shunter and on construction trains.

7156369578_73a480b347_z.jpg

7156371892_8f666433c7_z.jpg

7156373844_8e1f78aa84_z.jpg

brickhead, just wow,

it seriously reminds me of a lego set. and what just makes it so appealing are the new round 1x1 plates.....and the colour wraps it up into a nice bow.....amazing :wub:

I agree - it looks like a real Lego set!!! The color scheme works, and its just the right size.

This engine could do well on Cuusoo!!!

It is a really nice MOC, but there is one little thing i do not like... the chrome horn... For me chrome is just not lego-ish enough.. i know it is an original part..but... no..

For the rest it is a nice engine!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Loving this one. I was almost thinking you'd stick exclusively to steamers, it's good to see you still keeping other locs as well.

If LEGO made one I'd buy it, we had a couple of these on our N Gauge layout when I was a kid, one in BR blue and the other in the old green, a bit like your version. This is the sort of engin I'd like to have, the trouble with the electric ones they produce is that they look odd without all the overhead cables. I much prefer diesel or steam for that reason.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I might be tempted to buy some of the Red windscreens from 3667 and build a sister unit that has been repainted in the current LBB livery, that will have to wait though as unfortunately these http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=45708 are not available in Light Bley and I have already planned the next diesel I would like to add to the LBB roster.

If LEGO made one I'd buy it, we had a couple of these on our N Gauge layout when I was a kid, one in BR blue and the other in the old green, a bit like your version. This is the sort of engin I'd like to have, the trouble with the electric ones they produce is that they look odd without all the overhead cables. I much prefer diesel or steam for that reason.

But I don't think LEGO produces this quality of trains :(

@Steinkopf, nice job!!!

B.t.w. I think it resembles NS Class 6400 even better than the Bm4/4 or did you have an other inspiration than this:

sbb30.jpg

Thanks JopieK

The locomotive is inspired by a number of designs and is mainly a mish mash of the DB V90, NS 6400 and the MaK G1204 class locomotives. For a number of years I had been using the loco from set 4512 as part of my fleet, I had wanted to replace it with a more realistic looking locomotive to be part of my LBB fleet and at the same pay homage to the original design the end result is what you see here. With the Swiss style classification system I like using it for my LBB fleet as it is more interesting to use compared to the standard wheel arrangement classifications used such as Bo-Bo and Co-Co, plus at the end of the day a lot of my locomotives are inspired by Swiss designs :wink: .

Edited by Steinkopf