Sign in to follow this  
arator

Modular Madness: Rob's House

indexed.gif B-RM-09E

I was planning a modular building, based on the prairie houses build by Frank Lloyd Wright, when I came by this contest. My original building was planned on a 48x48 baseplate. Damn those restrictions in this contest :tongue:.

At this moment it is a WIP, so I just post some LDD-printscreens. And wait on your comments. (Then I know if I need to build it in real or not :sadnew:)

The ground floor and basement

lddscreenshot2.png

lddscreenshot3.png

Think you should build this. Although all 1x2 plates would be quite an undertaking. Might I suggest doing that area/floor in the 'brick' brick. It may be expensive, I have no clue, but it would look impressive, I think. I like your front porch area, the entry way. You've got a great start here, keep going.

Very nice house, I like this style of architecture. I am eagerly waiting to see the top floor of the house!

Although all 1x2 plates would be quite an undertaking. Might I suggest doing that area/floor in the 'brick' brick.

I agree. Unless you're planning to use different shades of red (e.g dark, sand and normal red) 1x2 plates don't really have that much effect in real life, LDD outlines the plates to make them stand out while the edges are not that noticeable in person so you'd be much better off using normal bricks.

Two Robie houses and you will have all the brick red you need : ) Either that or a great Pick A Brick experience. Good luck! I think you should definitely build this.

It is easier to get the plates then bricks. Some people have above the 1000 plates. The highest count on bricks was 4. (checked on bricklink).