Sign in to follow this  
-zenn

Roadkill Hot Rod

indexed.gif V-LV-22C

Every now and then I got the urge of building cars, which in most cases turn out as Hot Rods. So here is another moc build in such an urge.

Started out as a sedan, but I didn't liked the look of it, so shortened it up. And by the way; red is a hard color to photograph, any tips are welcome.

6989934814_9914cd3f3f.jpg

7136017719_ee202f4ab7.jpg

Roadkill; a hot rod inspired by '6538 Rebel Roadster' and 'Jimmy Shine'.

Flickr Gallery

Comments and critisiscm welcome.

Edited by -zenn

Great design -zenn. The design is great, especially those wheels. :wub:

The way you did the doors was also nice and the engine too. :wink:

Nice one '-zenn', I :wub: how seats became doors/side of the vehicle.....too cool ! :grin:

Brick On Drive On ! :grin:

I've learned to expect something special when you present another hot rod, and this one doesn't disappoint! Great job, as always :)

Sweet hot rod. I'd love to have that in my Lego collection. I might have to show this to my uncle, he'd love to see that kind of car. Perhaps I can create an AFOL of him...?

Anyway, great job.

This is a great looking rod. I particularly like the engine work, wow. The red inserts on the blower are just brilliant and great details. The complimentary fig is a plus too. Although, he'd look better, in my opinion, with a white torso/yellow arms(sleeveless shirt), the legs of the S4rocker. The big look of car guys in the hey day of muscle.

Edited by Legocrazy81

@ The Blue Brick> Thanks, I've made those wheels before, Tried out some other combo's but they didn't look as good. :wink:

@ lightningtiger> I've seen it being used but only with 2 seats, not 4 seats. It was a nice challenge. :grin:

@ L@go> Haha, my reputation precedes me. Got my ego stroked for today. :tongue:

@ purpleparadox> Thanks, If he's a rodder it would be kewl to make him and his rod in minifig style. :laugh:

@ Legocrazy81> Those blowers were a pain in the megablocks at first, I really wanted those inserts. But after minor tinkering, they came out okay. Well the fig is put together from a historical stand view; allied soldiers who were back fom the war with newly acquired mechanical skills, mostly still sporting their jackets. But if I would make a sleeveless fig I would choose that Pharaohs Quest torso. :sweet:

Edited by -zenn

@ mrlegoman, Lego Guy Bri, kzv > Thanks guys, the wheels were a random collision of parts. It just magically formed when I searched out some parts; the red part was stuck in a tire. I like building these big engines. :laugh: