Sign in to follow this  
Bingo Little

MoC: Medieval City Under Siege

This MoC took me far, far too long to build (almost a year of very on and off building), but I'm very proud of it so I may as well show it off.

At first, I was just going to create a small part of a city, but I was enjoying the two factions in Kingdoms so much that I couldn't settle on just one to hold the city. I suppose there could have been some kind of alliance or something...

... but who wants to bother with that? If I had a siege, I could have fire and combat and blood, and all sorts of interesting things! Also, I decided to throw in a time machine, because I fancied building some steampunk.

There are pictures below, but here's a video:

6967342857_1d6a7d946a_b.jpg

6967343939_0ace256434_b.jpg

Wide shots from both sides.

6821213494_6dbf246432_b.jpg

Invading army at the gates - note the beheading, falling head, and blood.

6821214008_94b5f876f8_b.jpg

Fighting on the city walls - I considered having a siege tower here, but it proved too difficult and didn't leave enough room for the army on the ground.

6821218480_32be2ef444_b.jpg

Blacksmith's just inside the city wall

6967339567_cb1f3b36b2_b.jpg

Duelling Wizards inside a magic shop - the frog on the floor was, once upon a time, another wizard.

6821217160_6a852b12bf_b.jpg

Monks escape the burning church, taking a relic with them. That stain glass window lights up with a powerforce light - you can see that in the video at the end of the post.

6821214780_8a0d621a7f_b.jpg

A busy inn, where they seemed not to have noticed the whole "fire and war" thing.

6821222290_432ae9952e_b.jpg

Wider shot of the back, including inn, townspeople rushing to defend the city, and stables.

Flickr Album, since a small selection of pictures can't really show it all.

It's demolished now, but comments and constructive criticism are always welcome!

Lots of action :thumbup: I like how you did the wall, and the interiors in the buildings look great! The landscaping inside the wall could use some 1x1 rounds and plates to break up the uniformity, similar to what you did outside the wall.

Keep on building :classic:

Very nice build, I particularly like the monks! :dhappy: There is lots of attention to detail, and how did you do the stained glass? Was it a sticker? :dwacko:

Nice work that year of building sure paid off. :thumbup: I love the amount of action you have out in.

Edited by The Joker1

Lots of action :thumbup: I like how you did the wall, and the interiors in the buildings look great! The landscaping inside the wall could use some 1x1 rounds and plates to break up the uniformity, similar to what you did outside the wall.

Keep on building :classic:

It's actually an old part from the first Knights Kingdom line, with King Leo, Cedric the Bull, etc. I've always quite liked it, and having the powerforce light made it so much easier to properly use in an MoC.

Looks nice! My favorite part has to be wizard shooting a line of flame. Nice job!

Thanks! I'd just learned how to properly combine fire pieces, so I got a bit carried away.