Sign in to follow this  
Sebeus I

Merchant Barquentine

[pid][/pid] 129D

What can I say... great target for pirates :pir-classic:

1335777456m_DISPLAY.jpg

This is what you could call a low budget ship, I was out of jumper plates so I didn't use any (check the offset under the angled broadside (that's right, there is no offset).

I didn't have any horizontal hinge plates in black nor white so I used red ones which messed up the bow section a bit (the red-blue section).

I was out of cannon hatches so I only took pictures of the starboard side (the other side doesn't have any).

Well, that's about it, I thought it was funny to mention that :monkey:

1335777132m_DISPLAY.jpg

1335777342m_DISPLAY.jpg

1335777233m_DISPLAY.jpg

1335777266m_DISPLAY.jpg

1335777310m_DISPLAY.jpg

1335777408m_DISPLAY.jpg

I also brought this ship to Brickmania some weeks ago:

1335896157m_DISPLAY.jpg

Now as for indexing this ship... there are no Barquentines indexed so far (maybe I made this ship just because of that but I can't remember :pir_laugh2: ).

I'm curious what will happen now :pir-devil:

(more at mocpages)

That's low budget? I like your idea of low budget. :pir-grin:

Really colorful and classic looking. I love the clean details of it.

I really like MOCs like the ones from Derfel Cadarn. But I love MOCs from people who don't have an unlimited supply of bricks. Give me $1000 and I build you an awesome MOC, but most of us don't have a gratis brick-source or are able to spend thousands of dollars / euros for their hobby.

With a given amount of bricks you have done an awesome MOC here.

I like it a lot, especially the color scheme. For me it has a fell of a classic LEGO ship. I'm not sure if it's because of the masts you used, or why really, it just has that look to it. Like the BSB only cleaner and brighter.

I have to agree that if this is on a budget, I'd love to see you MOC with no budget.

good lord, low budget, huh? My low budget would make me do micro-scale ships :pir_laugh2:

I like the colours and the attention to accuracy! Does it have any interior?

That's low budget? I like your idea of low budget. :pir-grin:

good lord, low budget, huh? My low budget would make me do micro-scale ships :pir_laugh2:

I like the colours and the attention to accuracy! Does it have any interior?

Well, ofcourse the prefab hulls and masts are quite expensive if you don't have them yet but for the rest I was quite frugal with parts here. The hinges I used for angling the sides for example, there are only 4 car roof hinges (cheaper than the regular hinge plates Captain Greenhair uses), I also used only basic colors (cheap and easy to get).

I could have said it's relatively cheap, a smaller ship would be cheaper ofcourse :pir_laugh2:

I think you can compare it best with my frigate:

dsc05836.jpg

Both ships are three masters, each built on 4 midsections. Obviously the frigate is a bit more valuable in parts usage :pir-classic:

As for the interior; the cabin has interior but it's not very accesible, I think i'll increase the budget a bit on this one to improve it a bit. :pir_laugh2:

You're on a roll with ships at the moment! And all of them are quality builds. I agree it has a very classic feel to it, much more so than your frigate. You should see if you have any spare parts around for a hoist to lower in the cargo. Only if spare parts allow of course, hate to drive up the cost :pir_laugh2:

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

Now as for indexing this ship... there are no Barquentines indexed so far (maybe I made this ship just because of that but I can't remember :pir_laugh2: ).

I'm curious what will happen now :pir-devil:

Well as you can see I added a new post to the index especially for your ship :pir-classic:

If there had not been an image for this type already I should have added it to "unknown type", but you're lucky!

Very nice ship by the way. Great to have this type in the index.

Good job on the stern and the cow is also a nice touch. It adds to the realism.

Very cool ship. interesting color scheme. All my ships are always low budget, as if I don't have a particular peice... well then I dont have that particular peice :pir_laugh2: <sadly

Is this for JRII?

Well as you can see I added a new post to the index especially for your ship :pir-classic:

If there had not been an image for this type already I should have added it to "unknown type", but you're lucky!

Very nice ship by the way. Great to have this type in the index.

Good job on the stern and the cow is also a nice touch. It adds to the realism.

Yesss :pir-sweet:

May there be many more Barquentines in the future :pir-classic:

Very cool ship. interesting color scheme. All my ships are always low budget, as if I don't have a particular peice... well then I dont have that particular peice :pir_laugh2: <sadly

Is this for JRII?

I thought about entering it but when I saw SlyOwl's entry and than yours I gave up the idea.

However, now that the deadline has extended I might still enter something :pir-classic:

Awesome ship!I like how you've made the front and the overall looks from far :thumbup: !

Great usage of the Red hull!

I like the color scheme on this vessel

Greetz

Bjornu