vynsane

[MOC] "Raijin" Class Mk.II Light Interceptor, ADU markings

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

7129426217_a769de5218_z.jpg

"Raijin" Class Mk.II Light Interceptor, ADU markings - Main view by vynsane, on Flickr

First brick-built version of one of my modular starfighter LDD concepts.

While the speed and small profile of the "Raijin" Class Light Interceptor was above anything Tanuki Corp. had developed previously, the need for greater firepower options prompted a revision of the Light Interceptor configuration. Utilizing the same fuselage frame as the Mk.I while taking certain design cues from the "Mamushi" Class, the "Raijin" Mk.II paired a new set of wing/stabilizer modules featuring multiple weapon system hardpoints and a set of new enhanced nose-mounted blaster cannons.

In addition to the centrally-located enhanced blaster cannons, the depicted configuration is kitted out with four heavy energy cannons, two per side, connected via a forward-facing hardpoint mount.

There are some parts that were reworked in comparison to the all-digital version I previously posted. The engine module is pretty extensively reworked and the wings are a little different.

LDD File

- "Raijin" Class Mk.II Light Interceptor, ADU markings

Additional Shots

7129431369_2300ecb9e9.jpg

"Raijin" Class Mk.II Light Interceptor, ADU markings - Side view by vynsane, on Flickr

6983347704_bcf3035488.jpg

"Raijin" Class Mk.II Light Interceptor, ADU markings - Top view by vynsane, on Flickr

7129435383_b08a0262a2.jpg

"Raijin" Class Mk.II Light Interceptor, ADU markings - Play features! by vynsane, on Flickr

7129437079_07dd431ea5.jpg

"Raijin" Class Mk.II Light Interceptor, ADU markings - Module breakdown by vynsane, on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the rest of my modular starfighter LDD concepts in the LEGO Digital Designer forum!

I literally whistled when I saw this.

Simply gorgeous!

Fantastic smooth lines and awesome colour blocking...

and the fact that it's modular... :wub:

really great job! :thumbup:

I can't come up with a single suggestion to improve this!

except make more ! ;)

Thanks a lot, SI-MOCs and LEGOman273!

It's been an interesting project, working digitally first has allowed me to "rapid (sometimes not so rapid) prototype" a bunch of designs without diving in to the parts bins (which is difficult for me given limited time and/or space).

The modular nature definitely evolved out of Blacktron especially, what with their reconfigurable sections.

Thanks a lot, SI-MOCs and LEGOman273!

It's been an interesting project, working digitally first has allowed me to "rapid (sometimes not so rapid) prototype" a bunch of designs without diving in to the parts bins (which is difficult for me given limited time and/or space).

The modular nature definitely evolved out of Blacktron especially, what with their reconfigurable sections.

In that case, could you make a Blacktron version? :excited:

So where's the Cuusoo page so when move on to actually buying a couple of hundred sets :laugh:

Amazing looking ship :wub:

Nice design, but I must say that engine play feature does it for me! That's just awesome. :grin::thumbup:

AWESOME creation ' vynsane ' !

It reminds me of both Buck Rogers and of course PT/CW Star Wars fighters.....I :wub: the light-up engine and the blue/yellow trim ! :grin:

Thanks, everyone!

As for CUUSOO, I don't know if there's enough of a market for "fuselage extender module" sets :wink: plus, I'm kinda married to the "open source" movement, including my LEGO designs... That's why I share the LDD files!

Edited by vynsane

It looks really great but the color makes it look like a race ship insteed of an interceptor/fighter