Sign in to follow this  
Brickington

Which ship would be the best as a LEGO set?

I'm new here, so I have no clue if this is already in the forums. Anyway,I think we as the community should support this awesome ship on Cuusoo. And, of course I didn't build it, still the ship is amazing.

-Commander Law

P.S. To see awesome pictures and more: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61406&st=75

Edited by Commander Law

This should probably not be in the MOC-forum (an admin/moderator will probably address you for that).

I posted my Flying Dutchman on Cuusoo and I saw another ship from a member here.

I thought about adding some other ships as well but I figured that one ship will stand out more and attract more attention that way.

It won't be easy reaching 10000 supporters though.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

1st, I thought since I was talking about mocs, it should be here. Second, I saw your ship, and it is very nice. I also saw the other ship which was also nice.

Thank you,

Commander Law

This should probably not be in the MOC-forum (an admin/moderator will probably address you for that).

I posted my Flying Dutchman on Cuusoo and I saw another ship from a member here.

I thought about adding some other ships as well but I figured that one ship will stand out more and attract more attention that way.

It won't be easy reaching 10000 supporters though.

Wait, you made the Farore's Wind. That ship is totally awesome, it's the best ship ever. That would be AWESOME on Cuusoo.

- Commander Law

P.S. I'm a huge fan of all your ships!

Here are some moc ships, and I want you to decide which one would be the best as a Lego set (note: I didn't make any of them).

Farore's Wind by Sebeus Iniwum

Farore.png

dsc05842.jpg

The Scimitar by Stephen Rowe

ascimitar.jpg

back1.jpg

Scorpion's Soul by Hass Kabal

ssps.jpg

6306834917_44d2c129eb_z.jpg

Please tell which would be the best on Cuusoo. Also, feel free to add some more mocs.

Thank you,

Commander Law

Edited by Commander Law

I have many mixed feelings when I see a post like this.

I can understand seeing a great MOC and wanting to have something similar to own, however, I think that there are FAR too many MOCs on CUUSO as it is. The Modular Western Town is a perfect example of a great IDEA presented well. This is an idea that Lego can run with and bring US back something special, the 10,000 votes securing their thoughts of it being a good idea or not.

I do not see the point in supporting other peoples creations solely because you want one. Why not just get a bricklink list, share the LDD file or go through the hassle of making and selling the instructions? Obviously Hass Kabal has made a fantastic ship, and would not want all of his hard work wasted, but isn't the point that it's his and he built it? Should it not inspire others to MOC rather than to just buy? I would personally love Lego to release more ships along the lines of the IFS and BSB. I think there was a huge opportunity with POTC to bring something special to the table for The Black Pearl. New parts are great, but a high piece count ship like the long rumoured Dutchman would have been INCREDIBLE.

I hope you don't take offense, or that I'm insulting others work. I Just personally feel like CUUSO was a fantastic platform that's being exploited and worn out too quickly. Everyday I see a post from someone on Eurobricks saying that his or her MOC should be on CUUSO. It used to say to me "Wow! I want to try something like that!"

As far as the Scorpion's Soul goes. That was an amazing thread to read, seeing it evolve, the hard work, approach and the polished end result was astounding. I would still rather make my own ship than have one though, as ship diversity is great, and we can all inspire each other :thumbup:

/Rant

I have many mixed feelings when I see a post like this.

I can understand seeing a great MOC and wanting to have something similar to own, however, I think that there are FAR too many MOCs on CUUSO as it is. The Modular Western Town is a perfect example of a great IDEA presented well. This is an idea that Lego can run with and bring US back something special, the 10,000 votes securing their thoughts of it being a good idea or not.

I do not see the point in supporting other peoples creations solely because you want one. Why not just get a bricklink list, share the LDD file or go through the hassle of making and selling the instructions? Obviously Hass Kabal has made a fantastic ship, and would not want all of his hard work wasted, but isn't the point that it's his and he built it? Should it not inspire others to MOC rather than to just buy? I would personally love Lego to release more ships along the lines of the IFS and BSB. I think there was a huge opportunity with POTC to bring something special to the table for The Black Pearl. New parts are great, but a high piece count ship like the long rumoured Dutchman would have been INCREDIBLE.

I hope you don't take offense, or that I'm insulting others work. I Just personally feel like CUUSO was a fantastic platform that's being exploited and worn out too quickly. Everyday I see a post from someone on Eurobricks saying that his or her MOC should be on CUUSO. It used to say to me "Wow! I want to try something like that!"

As far as the Scorpion's Soul goes. That was an amazing thread to read, seeing it evolve, the hard work, approach and the polished end result was astounding. I would still rather make my own ship than have one though, as ship diversity is great, and we can all inspire each other :thumbup:

/Rant

I can agree with that. - Commander Law

Should Lego release the HMS Interceptor? I think they should release it. It could contain: Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Commodore Norrington, 2-4 Royal Navy soldiers.

The_Intercepter.png

Ahhhhghhhhh! Please take a breath! Please stop posting topic after topic! Please stop wasting my LEGO time! You've already made six topics, and most of them are much the same. I'm going to merge a few right now, and please, take that breath!

Ahhhhghhhhh! Please take a breath! Please stop posting topic after topic! Please stop wasting my LEGO time! You've already made six topics, and most of them are much the same. I'm going to merge a few right now, and please, take that breath!

Sorry, after I posted this, I relized how many topics I did. It's my first day on eurobricks,just excited. again sorry about that.

Sorry, after I posted this, I relized how many topics I did. It's my first day on eurobricks,just excited. again sorry about that.

It's OK, just remember to take that breath. I'm getting back to making a MOC. :pir-wink:

Please resize your images, the site limit is 800x600 for pictures.

Thanks.

Please resize your images, the site limit is 800x600 for pictures.

Thanks.

I don't really know how to, sorry. - Commander Law

I don't really know how to, sorry. - Commander Law

There is a way to make a signature that would be shown in every post; you can set that in your profile, instead of writting it again and again in every post :P ... just saying.

Edited by Yawgmoth

There is a way to make a signature that would be shown in every post; you can set that in your profile, instead of writting it again and again in every post :P ... just saying.

I see, but someone merged all of these. -Commander Law

I believe I fixed the pictures.-Commander Law

You did, thank you. It really makes a difference when trying to load the page now.

Back to topic:

How is your question mentioned? Do you mean a MOC as a set or some sort of a more or less "real" ship?

MOC: I love the sea scorpion, just an amazing beauty

For real: What about a small fleet consisting of the Santa Maria, the Niña and the Pinta travelling to undiscovered shores.

Or tje Golden Hind ( flagshipp of the freebooter Sir Francis Drake... what an awesome name!)

Back to topic:

How is your question mentioned? Do you mean a MOC as a set or some sort of a more or less "real" ship?

MOC: I love the sea scorpion, just an amazing beauty

For real: What about a small fleet consisting of the Santa Maria, the Niña and the Pinta travelling to undiscovered shores.

Or tje Golden Hind ( flagshipp of the freebooter Sir Francis Drake... what an awesome name!)

Thanks, also between the Flying Dutchman and the HMS Interceptor, what one would you pick? Unless you haven't seen the POTC movies. :bonaparte:

I think the HMS Dauntless or HMS Endeavour from the pirates of the Caribbean movies or HMS Victory in real life would be really cool also the Flying Dutchman

My top picks:

1. The Adrian (fictional... still awesome.)

2. HMS Enterprise

3. USS Constitution (Any ship that has seen countless real life battles and victories, has been named by George Washington AND is still in service after 200 years has to be ultra badass)

USS_Constitution_Sail200d.jpg