Sign in to follow this  
mrklaw

building alternative Pet Shop

Hi,

I was considering getting the Green Grocer to add to my modular street, but it is (a)expensive and, (b)slightly out of scale with the Pet Shop (IMO). So I'm instead considering buying another Pet Shop so I can make the Shop part a Green Grocers, and the house part can go next to my current Pet Shop to make a mini terrace.

But I'd like to tweak the shop a little, so it doesn't look too similar to the pet shop - especially the interior and roof. Is there any simple way to get a list of the bricks used for the shop half, other than going through the instruction book and counting them up?

Anyone else done this and have any suggestions as to how to approach it? Or links to mods they've done to the Pet Shop.

Edited by mrklaw

Hi,

I was considering getting the Green Grocer to add to my modular street, but it is (a)expensive and, (b)slightly out of scale with the Pet Shop (IMO). So I'm instead considering buying another Pet Shop so I can make the Shop part a Green Grocers, and the house part can go next to my current Pet Shop to make a mini terrace.

But I'd like to tweak the shop a little, so it doesn't look too similar to the pet shop - especially the interior and roof. Is there any simple way to get a list of the bricks used for the shop half, other than going through the instruction book and counting them up?

Anyone else done this and have any suggestions as to how to approach it? Or links to mods they've done to the Pet Shop.

One way to get a list of just the shop part is to get the ldd file link here Delete the apartment from the file, and use LDD to create a parts list for the shop part.

Andy D

oh, thats a fantastic resource - thanks!

Off hand (never used LDD in anger), do you know if you can easily select and change the colour of a brick? Then I'd be able to even change the pet shop around some and get a custom list of parts. Perfect.