Sign in to follow this  
Sam892

Problems with superheroes parts ?

Hey everyone I'm having a issue with some of my recently purchased superheroes sets. About a week and a half go a bought the omsic cube escape and the chopper showdown. The mini figures were put on my shelf as display items. When I looked at them them today I noticed they were damaged. Ironmans legs have cracks down the back and his helmet has a dent in it which I hadn't noticed until now also wolverines arms nd legs are very loose and flimsy and his hair bearly stays on it slides of when he's upside down. I haven't moved the figs at all apart from when constructing the sets. Does anyone have any idea why this may have happened? Also I went onto lego.com to get these parts replaced and when I typed in the set numbers it came up with a message that said, they were unable to replace parts from this set. Does this mean that I'm now stuck with brand new mini figs that are broken. What should I do?

Hey everyone I'm having a issue with some of my recently purchased superheroes sets. About a week and a half go a bought the omsic cube escape and the chopper showdown. The mini figures were put on my shelf as display items. When I looked at them them today I noticed they were damaged. Ironmans legs have cracks down the back and his helmet has a dent in it which I hadn't noticed until now also wolverines arms nd legs are very loose and flimsy and his hair bearly stays on it slides of when he's upside down. I haven't moved the figs at all apart from when constructing the sets. Does anyone have any idea why this may have happened? Also I went onto lego.com to get these parts replaced and when I typed in the set numbers it came up with a message that said, they were unable to replace parts from this set. Does this mean that I'm now stuck with brand new mini figs that are broken. What should I do?

assuming you still have the boxes and the receipts have you considered taking/sending the sets back to were you got them from and asking for a replacement? if they don't think the minifigs are a good enough reason to replace the sets you could try claiming you were missing some of the parts to the set.

you might be able to get the set with wolverine minifig replaced if you show them his loose parts. but they'll probably try to claim the ironman minifig was damaged by you or someone in your house.

thats about all I can think of.

Same thing is happenning to me, my hawkeye and Bane figure have cracks in them and I haven't handled them roughly at all. Also all the round pieces in dark red from Chopper Showdown have cracks in them. Lego really needs to try to improve the quality. I would try calling them on the phone, and if that doesn't work, I think your out of luck.

Mail them about replacement parts, might be that there just not in the system yet.

I had a similar issue with minifigures in some of the Batman sets. I sent an email to Lego via the customer service link and received a reply with an apology a couple of days later. Replacement parts were sent and I got them after a few days! Give it ago, I'm sure they'll help you out.

Quality control has definitely gone downhill lately as far as minifigs goes. I can't count the number of times I've gotten misprinted or smudged faces the past 12 months.

Same happened with one of my aliens from the Captain America set. The face has crack streaks running through it. I haven't gotten a replacement since I don't really care, though.

Now I'm gonna have to go check my beloved minifigs, if there is anything wrong though LEGO's fantastic at customer service, I've had quite a few complaints before and they handled them really nicely.

I'd guess it's because the demand for these minifigs and sets are HIGH, maybe when they rush so many out the quality decreases?

Thanks everyone for the replies

Same thing is happenning to me, my hawkeye and Bane figure have cracks in them and I haven't handled them roughly at all. Also all the round pieces in dark red from Chopper Showdown have cracks in them. Lego really needs to try to improve the quality. I would try calling them on the phone, and if that doesn't work, I think your out of luck.

I didn't think about phoning Lego. The last time I phoned them must have been when the original adventures sets were out. Thats most likely what I will do if I can't get them replace though the web service.

Mail them about replacement parts, might be that there just not in the system yet.

Hopefully thats what's happened. I didn't think the sets were out till may but everywhere has them. Maybe that's why there not on the system.

I had a similar issue with minifigures in some of the Batman sets. I sent an email to Lego via the customer service link and received a reply with an apology a couple of days later. Replacement parts were sent and I got them after a few days! Give it ago, I'm sure they'll help you out.

I have to admit that the customer service at Lego is one of the best I've ever dealt with. The only problem is this isn't the first time I've had to contact them about some parts recently. I'm always get Miss printed faces or bricks. It must be my luck. :laugh:

Quality control has definitely gone downhill lately as far as minifigs goes. I can't count the number of times I've gotten misprinted or smudged faces the past 12 months.

I noticed it to I have star wars gigs from 2005 that are in better condition than some figs that I've bought in february of this year. I wonder what's caused this is it an add chemical or the location that there produced? I know that the DC figs were made in Mexico.

I checked mine, and my Iron Man has cracks on the backs of his feet. I guess maybe that particular color of plastic doesn't hold up as well, but who can really say?

Also, on the aliens, the General has a flat gold head and is fine but the foot soldier has a shinier gold head and both of mine are cracked in three places. Reminds me of the glow in the dark Voldemort heads from years back. Gonna have to get these replaced.

It's possible they had processing issues during molding. Environmental conditions and/or a bad lot of raw plastic material are factors during injection molding. One has to always monitor the moisture levels of the raw material and environmental conditions such as temperature and humidity and make adjustments to the mold machines as needed. You may even have to dry the material before making parts.

This is really sad to see :cry_sad: It seems like a lot of people are having problem with their minifigs! I am now worried about mine and will have to check them over throughly when I get home. I just expected them to be perfect quality since its LEGO we are talking about, but apparently its a new era for LEGO and these problems are seeming to be a lot more common :thumbdown:

Damn it, no problems, EXCEPT for Cap's shield. I noticed this about a day after I bought his set, the shield has chips in the white paint, they could be some sort of crack or something, I guess I'll have to email LEGO. :hmpf:

Damn it, no problems, EXCEPT for Cap's shield. I noticed this about a day after I bought his set, the shield has chips in the white paint, they could be some sort of crack or something, I guess I'll have to email LEGO. :hmpf:

Same here I just got the captain America set yesterday. Was putting together today and saw that the shield printing was over to side by quite a bit and one half of it was faded. So on the superhero line all three sets I have bought all have quality control problems. I might wait till I get the whole line then contact Lego.

If anyone is going to AFOLCON, there is a slot where these problems can be demonstrated directly to one of the LEGO people responsible for quality control.

I got that error when I tried to replace my T-rex from me Dino sets, just wait a few weeks, it'll get up there. No problems with my set as of yet though.

I haven't bought any Marvel sets, but these sound much worse than the problems the DC sets had. :sceptic: I'll wait a while before I get any then, if I get any. They usually are able to fix problems in later productions, I think.

If anyone is going to AFOLCON, there is a slot where these problems can be demonstrated directly to one of the LEGO people responsible for quality control.

Really? If it can be filmed, can someone maybe get a little footage to please share or let us know what happens? I am not interested in the superhero line at the moment but the fact that this is happening to minifigures, the major reason that i'm still into lego, this is really concerning me. Thanks.

I just checked my sets. Only one of my minifgures had a crack on them, which was Iron Man on his legs.

My Wolverine figure is fine though with his hair and everything.

My Wolverine figure is fine though with his hair and everything.

Speaking of Wolverine's hair, that reminds me- my Wolverine's hair piece can barely stay on. :sceptic:

I'm calling LEGO tomorrow. :grin:

Now I'm gonna have to go check my beloved minifigs, if there is anything wrong though LEGO's fantastic at customer service, I've had quite a few complaints before and they handled them really nicely.

I'd guess it's because the demand for these minifigs and sets are HIGH, maybe when they rush so many out the quality decreases?

What makes you think they rushed these or any other sets?

I have all sets but the Hulk and I have no issues with my figs.

What makes you think they rushed these or any other sets?

I have all sets but the Hulk and I have no issues with my figs.

Maybe rushed as in rushed through the proper QC checks. The stories i've heard of these, other figures, and various parts sounds like the QC Department is asleep at the wheel.

Maybe rushed as in rushed through the proper QC checks. The stories i've heard of these, other figures, and various parts sounds like the QC Department is asleep at the wheel.

Let's not jump to conclusions here.

With a company as large as TLG, even with a super vigilant QC department, there are bound to be problems that slip through from time to time. Saying that someone isn't doing their job is unfair. They can't check every single piece that comes through the factory and I'm sure even the checks they do can't check for everything like how a particular part may wear over time.

The good thing for us, as AFOLs, is that Lego's customer service department is top rate. I've never heard of someone having a problem such as this one not being offered replacement parts from TLG. Try contacting Hasbro when your Jedi action figure's lightsaber comes out of the blister pack shaped like the letter "C".

I checked my figures today, nothing too serious. I think i have a small little crack on my iron-man figure under on of his arms :sceptic: its the triangle suit so it doesnt matter as i'll probably get another eventually.My capt. Anerica has a big crack under his right arm too :cry_sad: , but i'll definitely be getting another one of those anyway. My advice: try and hold out until a new shipment of sets come in, they wont be as rushed and will probably be better quality.My Hawkeye in the helicarrier breakout had a little smudge on one of his belt buckles too, but I dont care.

Emailed LEGO, you need proof of purchase if you want any replacement parts. Unluckily for me I binned the instructions. I think I've learned the error of my ways, no more binning instructions. :sceptic: