Anio

Fully chromed UCS Royal Naboo Starship

Professionnal Building instruction :

You can also email me at setechnic@gmail.com

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi,

My latest MOC is a UCS Naboo Royal Starship.

It is made of 291 parts only.

7125068755_158137134b_b.jpgUCS Naboo Royal Starship by Anio, sur Flickr

6978983178_2ae4988224_b.jpgUCS Naboo Royal Starship by Anio, sur Flickr

6978984092_0df89e57dd_b.jpgUCS Naboo Royal Starship by Anio, sur Flickr

Designing this model was pretty easy given that I had a good idea of what compromise I had to do.

Actually, the most tricky part to build was... the black support ! haha

All the chromed parts have been individually chromed. This is a professionnal chroming process.

I have been in touch with Aure from Chrom Block City on Bricklink. This seller was VERY kind.

I do advise to buy your chromed bricks there. ;)

I also have to thank Crowkillers who helped me to get some parts, and Etcknight for his help on the sticker.

Brickshelf gallery : http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=502345

The video of the model to appreciate the chrome :

Hope you like it.

Professionnal instruction available soon.

OH MY GOD :wub_drool:. Screw how accurate it looks or not. It's so shiny. I love it. And the little cute N-1. The best UCS ever :grin_wub:.

Now that's something I have not seen done before, a whole chromed ship :)

Very nicely done, it really stands out.

Could you let us know how easily the bricks stick and separate after chroming? Do they still have the nice cohesion and are the easy enough to separate?

As much as I dislike Cuusoo, I think this would be an awesome entry. I suppose it'd be way to expensive for TLG to actually make.

That said it looks glorious, the chroming looks really nice as well.

:wub_drool: Oh yes!!!!! That first shot is amazing! Did you chrome the pieces or are the official Lego chrome pieces?

Hi

Every time i watch the movies and this ship comes up, i am wondering how this will become sometime a Lego ship. THIS is the answer!

Very sleek design with a minimum of parts - but still a worthy UCS!

Dino

I rarely comment here anymore, but this is just AMAZING!!

Really well done, the shape is just correct, and the chroming finishes it :thumbup:

A fantasic MOC!! One I have always wanted TLC to make. My one only very minor gripe is the cockpit window (those grills are even available in chrome!) but we are talking very minor in the grand scheme of this great MOC!

As much as I dislike Cuusoo, I think this would be an awesome entry. I suppose it'd be way to expensive for TLG to actually make.

I have always thought this set could be done the same way the UCS Falcon was first done. They took pre-orders over 6 months before the set was released which takes away the gamble element for them.

Anio, this really should make it's way to Cuusoo, I am pretty sure a lot of star wars fans would vote for this one! Stunning stuff! :wub_drool:

People have been wishing to see this since before I joined EB! You've done a beautiful job :wub:

It's on the frontpage! :thumbup:

:wub_drool: Oh yes!!!!! That first shot is amazing! Did you chrome the pieces or are the official Lego chrome pieces?

All the chromed parts have been individually chromed. This is a professionnal chroming process.

I have been in touch with Aure from Chrom Block City on Bricklink. This seller was VERY VERY kind.

I do advise to buy your chromed bricks there. ;)

:wink:

So...pretty.... :wub_drool: This model is downright gorgeous. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is so gorgeous. Im drooling over all of the chrome pieces. :wub_drool:

I might need to make another brick link order. :wink:

Edited by The Blue Brick

This is a beautiful MOC. It's simple, but often the best MOCs are not overly complicated. The chrome really looks fantastic.

Thanks for sharing this with us. :sweet:

Love this MOC it's a nice size and chromed as well, while a larger version would be nice it wouldn't work as there is next to no detail on the hull, so this is all it needed to get the right look.

Amazing ship!!! It is so sleek and shiny :sweet:

I too would like to know how the bricks work after the chroming process! Great design and great MOC! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Not a very complicated MOC, yet that chrome silver is simply fantastic :thumbup:

Does it attract fingerprints or get blurry from contact with the parts?

Whoa very cool, love it :sweet: . One of these is something I could put on the shelf also :tongue:

Amazing job! This is truly gorgeous! I love how the angles, though they aren't perfectly streamlined, look great once chromed.

So beautiful designed version of this ship, it simply looks perfect. :wub: I would love to have that standing on my shelf, and that chrome looks so cool. :cry_happy:

:oh:

I think my eyes were blinded by the beautiful shine coming from that absolutely dazziling MOC.

Seriously, that thing is a work of art. I would pay good money just to see it in person. :wub:

Well, it's not the first time someone's done this, but that doesn't make this any less impressive. Sometimes the simplest techniques are the best. Nice work. :classic:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png