Oky

MOC: Jango Fett's Pistols

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

As it is tradition, being the host of this CB, I shall enter a MOC of my own. And so, without further ado, here's my first entry, two life-size replicas of Jango Fett's WESTAR-34 blaster pistols! :sweet:

7122499351_17f52b2ecd_z.jpg

Jango Fett's Blaster Pistols by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Here's a reference image:

830px-Westar34-CVD.jpg

This is what it looks like when they're held in hand. Sorry about the mixture of gray and bley, I couldn't find enough pieces in the same shade of gray. :sceptic:

7122499365_34a1746878_z.jpg

WESTAR-34 Blaster Pistol by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

And here's me wielding those pistols like a badass! :devil:

7122499773_a0878b0bd7_z.jpg

Don't move, Jedi! by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

:laugh:

Comments and criticisms are welcome. And stay tuned for my next entry, which is going to be a bignette! :sweet: What is it? Here's a small hint: It also involves Jango. :wink:

These look pretty cool, and I think you have captured the overall shape of the gun well. I am curious how you did the connection between what I assume is a wheel and the jet engine casing, I don't remember if they can hold a technic axle or if you're doing something else?

Of course what really set the MOC apart for me is that hilarious picture at the bottom, that is one awesome hoodie!

Dang it, and just hours after I thought of doing this, too! :laugh: Guess I'll actually have to be creative this time. :rofl:

They look great, I'm rather jealous (in case you couldn't tell)! :laugh::thumbup:

I am curious how you did the connection between what I assume is a wheel and the jet engine casing, I don't remember if they can hold a technic axle or if you're doing something else?

Thanks. The wheel is connected to the large engine piece via its four studs and has one of these going through it. The smaller engine piece has a Techinc axle going through it which connects to that Technic pin in the wheel.

Of course what really set the MOC apart for me is that hilarious picture at the bottom, that is one awesome hoodie!

It sure is! :wub:

Looks nice, Oky! I've already shared my main opinion on these on Flickr, but I really love the overall shape of the blasters. If only you could use stickers or something for orange on the curved nozzle (?) of the pistol.

Dang it, and just hours after I thought of doing this, too! :laugh: Guess I'll actually have to be creative this time. :rofl:

I'd love to see your rendition. :sweet:

Looks nice, Oky! I've already shared my main opinion on these on Flickr, but I really love the overall shape of the blasters. If only you could use stickers or something for orange on the curved nozzle (?) of the pistol.

Thanks! You mean the copper detail on the barrel? True, but are there any official stickers that would be suitable? I can't think of any, and I don't want to make my own. :sceptic:

Thanks! You mean the copper detail on the barrel? True, but are there any official stickers that would be suitable? I can't think of any, and I don't want to make my own. :sceptic:

I'll look on Bricklink to see if I can see any. :sweet:

Seriously great Oky :thumbup:. The little trigger guard idea is great.

But where did you get that hoodie :wub:?

Looks brilliant Oky - I've always liked the look of Jango's blasters and you've captured them very well. I'm a fan of life-sized LEGO prop replicas, just to see how accurate they can get. You've displayed a number of interesting building solutions here - nice!

Cool build. Feels like I should be sticking my hands up in the air. :classic:

Are you able to see out of the hoodie?

Really original and cool idea for an entry, Oky! My only critisism (besides the fact that they should be monochrome), is that they look a tad bit small, especially when you're holding them. Overall nice shape, though. :thumbup:

Fantastic replicas! They look great, especially wielded in that hoodie. :tongue: I think the color variation is nice, since the real guns have a chrome like effect and aren't all the same tone.

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone. :classic:

you REALLY should change your avatar! I peed my pants wet! :D

Hehe, thanks, but I'll leave my avatar as it is. Wouldn't want people to wet their pants everytime they see my posts. :tongue:

Your MOC is awesome but... could you give the name of your hoodie :D ?

But where did you get that hoodie :wub:?

It's the Marc Ecko Fett For Real hoodie and as far as I know, it's only available through ebay for high prices nowadays. I got it as a birthday present, so I was lucky! :sweet:

Are you able to see out of the hoodie?

Yes. It's a bit difficult since you are looking through a black net, but it's enough not to run into doors. :laugh:

Really original and cool idea for an entry, Oky! My only critisism (besides the fact that they should be monochrome), is that they look a tad bit small, especially when you're holding them. Overall nice shape, though. :thumbup:

You're right, they do feel a bit small in my hand, but it was more important to me to get accurate proportions than size.

One problem though, I thought these are Jango Fett's pistols, not Boba. :tongue:

Well, to my defense, Boba did use them at some point. :tongue:

510px-BobaTCW-SWE.jpg

Nice work Oky. It would be really awesome to see one of these in chrome, although it'd have to be custom made.

And the scale does feel slightly off, but that's not too big of a deal for me. I like the compact feel of the pistols. :laugh:

I have that same hoodie. But I immediately bought the newer licensed one from Hot Topic and added the toy Helmet.

380217_10150455672505337_681270336_10141729_1933401192_n.jpg

I have that same hoodie. But I immediately bought the newer licensed one from Hot Topic and added the toy Helmet.

Just a normal day at the office eh!

Hehe, not bad. :thumbup: I still prefer the Mark Ecko one, though, since it's less colorful and more accurate. I was thinking of getting the toy helmet too, but it looks so oversized. :sceptic:

Hehe, not bad. :thumbup: I still prefer the Mark Ecko one, though, since it's less colorful and more accurate. I was thinking of getting the toy helmet too, but it looks so oversized. :sceptic:

Very True. i didnt realize yours is the Marc ecko. I have the bootleg version that came out early last year. It has a zip up hoodie as well. But then I got the licensed hoodie. Yeah the helmet is big but Im kinda glad it is. Considering it is for kids.

I also picked up the plush rocket pack from Hot Topic when it was on clearance for $10.

Edited by Solscud007