benny

MOC: Kowloon Station (Tsim Sha Tsui Station - 1970)

Kowloon Station /Tsim Sha Tsui Station(九龍車站), located in Tsim Sha Tsui on the present site of the Hong Kong Cultural Centre, was the former southern terminus of the Kowloon-Canton Railway (KCR).

I used the yellow with white color to replace the original tan color, it is also the color of set 4554!

p1060185_a.jpg

p1060200_a.jpg

p1060193_a.jpg

p1060226_a.jpg

dsc3888_a.jpg

The first Kowloon station was a temporary structure built near the Post Office on Salisbury Road in 1909 and served until the permanent station was completed in 1910. Regular service began at the second station on 1 October 1910.[1] The building consisted of a two storey L shaped terminal building with a clock tower. On the north end of the station was a covered walkway which lead to a two covered elevated platforms. A mile north of the station is a freight station.

After its relocation to Hung Hom (also replacing the old Hung Hum station) in 1974, and until the late 1990s, "Kowloon" had been the name of present-day Hung Hom Station, the new southern terminus of the KCR, the railway which was renamed East Rail Line in the late 1990s.

more photos:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=502332

Edited by benny
Oversized image removed

Benny, your train station, as well as the KCR cars are absolutely awesome MOCs, but could you please resize your pics to 800x600? They're quite big right now and they're slowing down the page loading process. Thanks! :sweet:

It is a wonderful Station!

I like it very much! :blush:

Edited by Elen

Benny: your station is awesome but please adhere to our site guidelines of 800x600 max image size. Much appreciated.

Benny: your station is awesome but please adhere to our site guidelines of 800x600 max image size. Much appreciated.

Sorry! Late to re-size the pictures!

Thanks Benny.

I'm loving the design of your station. Nice combination of yellow and white and the tower is probably my favorite section. Overall, an excellent build. :thumbup:

It's a very nice station with some beautiful details, but my favourite part of it is the colour. A nod to the classic 4554, great idea! :)

It's a very nice station with some beautiful details, but my favourite part of it is the colour. A nod to the classic 4554, great idea! :)

Thanks! I like the old style train station e.g. 4554 , 7997! So i chosse this color to make my MOC train station! My next step is too enlarge its size e.g. set up the bus stop!

I like this station. Medium to large-sized passenger rail station MOC's are something that I want to see more of.