Sign in to follow this  
Dharkan

Raistlin Majere

Hey guys!

It is a project that is on my mind for a long time but didn't had time to start but I decided it'd be best if I asked for your help too!

So this is our guy;

1625964-200px_raistlin_large.pngraist.gif

We have black robed and red robed versions of him (in books), I haven't decided which one will look better with the minifig parts we have in lego.

Some significant points about his look; he has golden skin and long silver hair.

I thought about using dumbledore's hair, golden face of mummy in PQ and some red torso and evil wizards legs(the red ones) but I can't say that I'm entirely satisfied with them. With CMF 7, we have a red hood too now.

Also considering to make him black but not sure if we have any wizardy lego minifig parts in black.

ah and one more thing, I'd like to do a custom robe myself but I really don't know what kind of material you are using for such stuff. :(

Waiting for your opinions,

Kind Regards,

Burak

Edited by Dharkan

First off, great idea =) Raistlin is an awesome character and would make a great minifig(Dragons of a summer flame ranks pretty high on my favorite books list,the all saga for that matter) Of the parts you suggested I'm not to sure about the mummy face, as his skin tone isn't exactly golden,his eyes are. Also his eyes have a characteristic shape so maibe you should try making a decal of its own.

Also about the hair,my opinion is you have two options, the red hood you talked about, in which case you can forget the dumbledore hair, or you could use the hair and have a cloth robe. that way you could print or paint the sleeves as you see in the image.There are some custom robes for sale around, but you can do your own.Not sure what kind of cloth is close to lego though. As you can see I think you should go for that version of Raistlin.

That's is all, I wish you the best and I'll be sure to follow this project

Cheers

p.s. Maibe do more characters from the series after? ;)

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

I'd gladly do more figs from series indeed!

btw after checking the mummy head, I agreed with you.

and one last thing, do you know where can I find those custom robes for minifigs?

Not sure about where would be best, just look around in the net. I think AreaLight had something but their store is closed. The coolest place I found might be http://www.mmcbcapes.com.au but I think they don't have something hooded,anyway it could inspire you=)

How is the project going? looking forward to see the fig

Edit: found this http://unknown-artist.50webs.com/Store/HoodedCloak.html check it out

Edited by Aveal the black sheep