Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rumble Strike

Heroica RPG - Quest 32: The Lost Children

488 posts in this topic

I say to the unicorn even though it can't understand me, "I'm sorry for hurting you but can you answer one question for me ? If so, why were you living in this magical realm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 gold to each party member. I assume that the parasol has no use, so I'll just hang on to it.

I look over to the children.

"Don't be frightened by my... grotesque appearance, young ones. Are you hurt? How did you come here, and why?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated party after loot distribution:

Party

av-27305.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
, Level 2 Barbarian (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human

Power: 5

Health: 9/9

Gold: 20

Inventory: Axe (WP:3), Potion x2, Mead

zTI3J.png

Sorrow
, Level 2 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**

Power: 5

Health: 3/8

Gold: 20

Inventory: Scythe (WP:3) Potion x2, Venom, Parasol (Quest Item)

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura
, Level 2 Rogue (zakura)

21 years old Female Human

Power: 5

Health: 8/8

Gold: 20

Inventory: Black Katana(WP:3), Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb

heroica_avatar.jpg

Nagure
, Level 2 Barbarian (Costy)

34 Year old male Yeti

Power: 5

Health: 9/9

Gold: 20

Inventory: Club (WP: 3), Potion x2, Bottle of Mead

ava-drake.jpg

Drake Flamerobe
, Level 2 Knight (xxlrocka)

39 year old male human

Power: 5

Health: 11/11

Gold: 15

Inventory: Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion x2

Peggy sighs as Mizuki gently talks to her, but she does not respond.

As the party leader spoke to them, the children did not seem overly concerned with Sorrow's appearance.

6978168880_9a9037da49_m.jpg

"Ewwww mister your face is all weird lookin!

We don't know how we got here. We was all asleep in our beds and when we woke up we was here. We was just playing Knights with Peggy. She's been lookin after us. Why is she sleepin now?"

Edited by Rumble Strike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Why is she sleeping?"Drake said, worriedly. He then came up with a good answer so the kid wouldn't cry or anything. "Long story. Maybe the Peggy was tired, so she went to sleep."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh. I've been called worse than weird.

"Peggy... Peggy is going to take a long nap."

"Anywhere, your entire town is worried about you. We're heroes hired to save you all."

Now, where is the exit to this Realm? We entered through a door, which seems to have magically vanished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorrow's words went over the head of the children, but they appeared unhurt and suffering no ill effects from their abduction. Once they saw Nagure they forgot all about Peggy. They clustered around the Yeti, hugging his legs tightly and laughing.

Sorrow led the party in the opposite direction to the keep, and sure enough, after several hundred yards they were all enveloped in white light. When they blinked their eyes open, they stood once again in the hallway of the mansion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did children always have such short attention spans?

Anyway, let's pick another door. I vote for the one opposite of the First Realm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did children always have such short attention spans?

Anyway, let's pick another door. I vote for the one opposite of the First Realm.

"I was gonna open that one when I decided to go for the one we just went through."

I vote for the one opposite of the first realm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get them off me! Get them off me! Help! No don't pull my hair! OUCH!

I vote for the realm opposite the first door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Captain Hlin Horrkkba paced up and down the eerie hallway, and turned with a start as the party bundled out of the door on the left - the first realm of sanctuary, the knight statue had called it. He saw three children holding tightly onto the Yeti, and his heart raced... Was it? Could it be? No. No, he knew these children, but none of the three was his beloved Vell.

He manoveured the children off of Nagure and told them to sit down quietly. Knowing the Town Watch lawman, the children actually did as they were told.

7113987297_c5a161e213_t.jpg

"I am so pleased that you have found three of the missing children. Great job heroes! By my count, there are still nine unaccounted for, including Vell. What is the pl-"

Hlin is interrupted by the knight's armour.

7113987225_a967849944_t.jpg

You have removed the children from their sanctuary. The Guardians will not accept this. The Maginastra will be vexed.

No longer listening to the armour, Sorrow explains to Hlin that the party will open the first door on the right. Hlin says that he will take the children outside, as he has several deputies waiting nearby who can take them to their families. The party suspects that he may tell his deputies that he rescued the children himself.

The party open the first door on the right. As before, a bright white light obscures their view until they have all stepped through the door. They find themselves...

6967908624_73dc235185_b.jpg

back in the hallway they just left!

I just used the same picture, so the bench thing is still propping up the door and the potions on the shelf are gone, before anyone tries to take them again!

What will the party do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I turn to the armor. I'm rather unfazed by this - considering the previous realm, this is a bit more normal.

"I'm assuming this warping tomfoolery is courtesy of this Maginastra for saving the children. What gives you the right to abduct them, hm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Knight Armour responds to Sorrow's question with almost the same phrase it said earlier:

7113987225_a967849944_t.jpg

This is sanctuary. It is safe. So children are safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"There is strife in the world, yes - but isolating them in strange realms after being taken away from their family isn't a very good way to ensure safety. Your superiors have caused a whole lot more grief than good, Mr. Armor. Though you're most likely going to respond with a monotonous "The children. Are safe here." to compicate our job further"

With a sigh, I go over to open the final door on this floor. I grip the doorknob, ready to turn it if nobody - hero or armor - objects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC:

7113987225_a967849944_t.jpg

The children. Are safe here.

Wait, are you making fun of me? Not cool bro, not cool! We all got a job to do man, I have a whole family of armours back in Strivvi. This gig puts food on the table, y'know! I don't need no sass from a walking corpse!

:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC:

7113987225_a967849944_t.jpg

The children. Are safe here.

Wait, are you making fun of me? Not cool bro, not cool! We all got a job to do man, I have a whole family of armours back in Strivvi. This gig puts food on the table, y'know! I don't need no sass from a walking corpse!

:laugh:

OOC: Oh hey, more than 3 words per sentence! Anyway, yeah sorry about that. I'd feel you, but my family is either burnt to death or crippled. Say, wanna go for a pint of ale after this quest If I don't end up brutally slaying you? :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorrow opens the second door on the right, and the party go through. The usual white light and disorientation occurs, before the 5 heroes find themselves...

6967909434_75a0f4bb4a_b.jpg

...standing in a desert. The dunes seem to go on for miles and the sun beats down on them from high above. A rumbling noise can be heard, and there are slight tremors in the sand, although that might just be the heat haze.

What will the party do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I open the parasol.

"If anyone wants this, it'll shield you from the sun. We'll take turns while we trek through this blasted place - though I expect magic causes it to look a lot larger than it appears. Anyone want it first?"

OOC: Ah, the Loot Island baseplate brings back memories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mizuki says "Why do i have the feeling that a monster is going to attack us from underground?"

.

OOC:This reminds me of the bakugan Wormquake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mizuki says "Why do i have the feeling that a monster is going to attack us from underground?"

.

OOC:This reminds me of the bakugan Wormquake.

"You probably have that feeling because there is a rumbling sound that might be coming from underground."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: aargh, we keep choosing to go through doors when I'm not here! I wanna go through the door we haven't gone through yet, because the darker tiles leading to it are thinner, which leads me to believe its a storeroom, which means free loot. but hey, we will get to it eventually, and I'm probably over analysing. Also, love the "(only one child pictured, styles and designs may vary)" :laugh:

Erik turns to Captain Hlin Horrkkba and says "Do you know how many children are missing, and was one of the ones we found your daughter?"

Then he turns to the children and says "You didn't see any one else in that keep, did you? Or hear about a 'Maginastra'? Also, watch out, in case something attacks us from under the ground. We are all experienced heroes,(LIE :tongue: ) so if some monster comes out of the ground, we can handle it, but you guys could help by keeping out of the way. I don't doubt your bravery, but as this would be your first battle against a monster, you guys just watch for now and maybe find monsters to fight once we are out of this magic mansion if you want. Im sure Mr Horrkkba could teach you something about fighting."

Finally he then turns to the rest of the group and says "Come on, guys, why were you all in such a hurry to rush off to here? There could have been more kids in the keep, asleep! Or loot. But now we are here, I agree with Mizuki. I reckon if we stay here we should be attacked by something, since we invaded the sanctuary, if this unpleasant place is a sanctuary. The lack of noise of children playing is disturbing, so I hope it is not some kind of place for punishing misbehavers. But if we do walk anywhere, I will drag the shaft of my axe in the ground so we can find our way out after we are finished here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: aargh, we keep choosing to go through doors when I'm not here! I wanna go through the door we haven't gone through yet, because the darker tiles leading to it are thinner, which leads me to believe its a storeroom, which means free loot. but hey, we will get to it eventually, and I'm probably over analysing. Also, love the "(only one child pictured, styles and designs may vary)" :laugh:

Erik turns to Captain Hlin Horrkkba and says "Do you know how many children are missing, and was one of the ones we found your daughter?"

Then he turns to the children and says "You didn't see any one else in that keep, did you? Or hear about a 'Maginastra'? Also, watch out, in case something attacks us from under the ground. We are all experienced heroes,(LIE :tongue: ) so if some monster comes out of the ground, we can handle it, but you guys could help by keeping out of the way. I don't doubt your bravery, but as this would be your first battle against a monster, you guys just watch for now and maybe find monsters to fight once we are out of this magic mansion if you want. Im sure Mr Horrkkba could teach you something about fighting."

Finally he then turns to the rest of the group and says "Come on, guys, why were you all in such a hurry to rush off to here? There could have been more kids in the keep, asleep! Or loot. But now we are here, I agree with Mizuki. I reckon if we stay here we should be attacked by something, since we invaded the sanctuary, if this unpleasant place is a sanctuary. The lack of noise of children playing is disturbing, so I hope it is not some kind of place for punishing misbehavers. But if we do walk anywhere, I will drag the shaft of my axe in the ground so we can find our way out after we are finished here."

OOC: This IS the last door on the floor. We had the First relam, Sand relam, and Warping Door. No free loot, sorry!

"There were only 3 children in the keep if we think about it logically. First, our battle was not only quite a ruckus, it was also stated that the children were playing with the unicorn before we dueled. No child would sleep through meeting a real-live unicorn. Secondly, the children wouldn't leave bhind your friends like that.

And I'm willing to bet the children would've smuggled the loot if they saw it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Myrddyn, the party has now gone through all three doors on the ground floor, and Hlin did say that of the three children, none was his daughter. He has taken them away to be reunited with their families, being kids, they were not able to help much with what was going on. Good job on marking the ground with your axe, though!

The heroes trekked through the desert, with Erik careful to mark their progress with the shaft of his axe even though they were leaving footprints. They actually found several sets of small footprints in the sand, and started to follow them when the rumbling noise reached a crescendo and a giant sandworm erupted out from under the dunes, along with a couple of smaller sandwights.

6967909484_f4da13f344_z.jpg

Prepare for battle!

Enemies

7113987777_a9dd542a15_m.jpg

Sandy

Level 4 Rock Monster

Health 40/40

Special 1: Quicksand - Sandy will create a patch of quicksand, binding the attacker for one turn and doing 2 damage. The attacker will not be able to attack directly but will be able to use items.

Special 2: Sandwall - Sandy uses her control over sand to put up a barrier of hard sand, halving any damage taken for the next turn. She will still be able to damage heroes with full power.

QM Note:- Specials will alternate

Drops: Fallen Leaf(Quest Item), 75 gold, Remedy, Mead, Phoenix Essence

6979985336_cf018bb752_m.jpg

Sandwight A

Level 3 Rock Monster

Health 15/15

Special: Heavy hitter - Strikes for 4 damage.

QM Note:- Sandwight will disappear if Sandy is defeated

Drops: Nothing

6979985336_cf018bb752_m.jpg

Sandwight B

Level 3 Rock Monster

Health 15/15

Special: Heavy hitter - Strikes for 4 damage.

QM Note:- Sandwight will disappear if Sandy is defeated

Drops: Nothing

Party

av-27305.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
, Level 2 Barbarian (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human

Power: 5

Health: 9/9

Gold: 20

Inventory: Axe (WP:3), Potion x2, Mead

zTI3J.png

Sorrow
, Level 2 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**

Power: 5

Health: 3/8

Gold: 20

Inventory: Scythe (WP:3) Potion x2, Venom, Parasol (Quest Item)

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura
, Level 2 Rogue (zakura)

21 years old Female Human

Power: 5

Health: 8/8

Gold: 20

Inventory: Black Katana(WP:3), Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb

heroica_avatar.jpg

Nagure
, Level 2 Barbarian (Costy)

34 Year old male Yeti

Power: 5

Health: 9/9

Gold: 20

Inventory: Club (WP: 3), Potion x2, Bottle of Mead

ava-drake.jpg

Drake Flamerobe
, Level 2 Knight (xxlrocka)

39 year old male human

Power: 5

Health: 11/11

Gold: 15

Inventory: Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion x2

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mizuki will slash Sandy from the front row

Sorrow should go first in battle order and take a potion and there should be 1 person attacking the sand wight each with 2 attacking Sandy .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I knew it! I knew it was a sandworm!"Drake said. Then he used the bottom end of his torch to write in the sand "BUZZ OFF!" before attacking Sandy with torch from the front row!

Edited by xxlrocka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.