Sign in to follow this  
Rumble Strike

Heroica RPG - Quest 32: The Lost Children

"Yeah! Go Nagure! C'mon Drake and Syntax, you can't win now. There is no need for violence."

OOC: Aw, but now both the barbarians are on the same team, I want a fight!

Edited by Myrddyn

Syntax, if you change sides, you have to give me my bribe if there is a fight.

It would be a tough fight, and the penalty for a "Sorrow" team wipe would be that you guys personally would fail the Quest.

...Woah. Since this is staked on dice rolls, and Eric can party wipe us with a single strike...

Ba-dum. Ba-dum. Ba-dum. BA-DUM.

That was the sound my heart was making, loud and clear. In this condition, it would be suicidal. I'd die the second I try to throw a stab...

BADUMBADUMBADUMBADUMBADUMBADUMBADUM

Oh god, it won't stop. It... Huurk... won't stop... I can't risk it - not now...

I fall to my knees, clutching my chest. Pain laces around my ribcage, as if it was expanding to hold my rapidly expanding heart.

It's going to... go... again... Ngaaauuur...

I concede. I don't forgive you, you blue bastard, but if I tried fighting you my heart would burst out of my chest and splatter all over the floor.

...I'll pay for any items used in preparation for this battle... Huurk... Also, Nagure...? The deal is off.

I'll look like the biggest coward... but I value my life over chivalry. Already my heart's rage was quelling.

Just... Go, Maginastra. Leave and never return again.

Heart attack gave me a good out, atleast.

Edited by Endgame

"Now it's just you, Drake. Surely you won't try and fight us all?"

OOC: Can we assume xxlrocka, if he were online, wouldn't still want to fight?

OOC: Can we assume xxlrocka, if he were online, wouldn't still want to fight?

It would be fairly safe to say he would, but because this is the final battle he should get a choice.

I think we can assume that Drake won't take on the whole party, yes. I wouldn't let him do that on his own!

I still want the Maginastra to find the whole "we're gonna take you out" thing irksome and lay the smackdown on you all, but in good faith, I won't this time.

I think we can assume that Drake won't take on the whole party, yes. I wouldn't let him do that on his own!

I still want the Maginastra to find the whole "we're gonna take you out" thing irksome and lay the smackdown on you all, but in good faith, I won't this time.

Hooray for mercy!

7252133104_e5d4180a46_m.jpg

I find this talk of beating me irksome. Creatures of my Mansion, come to me and we shall feast on the corpses of these silly heroes!

Well now, it looks as though after all the ill will between the party, we have come to an accord. You guys should have listened to Erik in the first place, he made very convincing arguments against fighting me. For a Barbarian, he is most wise. As a gesture of good faith, I will decree any consumables used in the buildup to this argument to be returned to you, unconsumed.

Now, farewell heroes. Perhaps we shall meet again one day soon...

The Maginastra and the mansion itself disappears in a blinding white light, leaving the heroes, and Hlin, standing in the middle of a field, with no mansion in sight.

7113987297_c5a161e213_t.jpg

"Weren't we three stories up just now? Not that I want to get any falling damage!

Anyway heroes, despite all the fighting and craziness of the last few hours, this Quest has been successful. We rescued all of the children! That's a very good thing! I get to kiss my beautiful, sweet daughter tonight, and it's all down to you, so thank you. The town of Ve'er will sing the praises of Heroica!"

The dashing lawman leads the party to the small Town Watch office and carefully takes out 1000 gold coins from a small safe.

7113987297_c5a161e213_t.jpg

"The original quest poster said 800 gold to share, but it wouldn't be fair to expect you to suffer because I chose a fifth party member, so that's why there's a thousand gold coins. Quite a sum in anyone's book, be they King or wandering minstrel."

Party Leader (if we can still call you that!), please divide the loot. Equally.

That's it, people. Once Endgame distributes the reward, I will post up the final party stats and you will be free to go your very separate ways. Thank you for playing and being very active, it has allowed the Quest to finish within the expected timeframe on the initial signup thread (4 weeks). Please give me any feedback on the Quest Masters Lounge thread, I would love to know your thoughts on how this all went.

Thank you kind sir for this gold. I am glad we did not have to fight the Maginastra as I doubt we would have been able to defeat him.

200 gold to everybody. Huzzah!

"...I regret letting myself go off the reins. I'm afraid anything we could've had resembling friendship may be ruined for time being, Eric. ...I'm sorry. To feel so weak and helpless to your own self is disgraceful, to say the least"

Way to go, smart one.

Urgh. Not one of my finest moments...

I give a handshake to my employer.

"Thank you sir. Shall our paths cross again in the near future..."

With that, I spin on my heel and await the other heroes to return to the hall with me, my heart in check.

Final party stats after Quest complete:

Party

DSC_0840c.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
, Level 5 Barbarian (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human

Power: 10

Health: 12/12

Gold: 307

Inventory: Spear (WP: 5), Axe (WP: 3), Potion x4, Mead, Remedy

zTI3J.png

Sorrow
, Level 5 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**

Health: 11/11

Gold: 366

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 5), Scythe (WP: 3) Potion x2, Venom, Phoenix Essence, Ice Bomb

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura
, Level 5 Rogue (zakura)

21 years old Female Human

Health: 11/11

Gold: 325

Inventory: Dagger (WP: 5, envenomed), Black Katana(WP: 3), Potion x3, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Grand Potion

heroica_avatar.jpg

Nagure
, Level 5 Barbarian (Costy)

34 Year old male Yeti

Health: 12/12

Gold: 272

Inventory: Axe (WP: 5), Club (WP: 3), Potion, Bottle of Mead x2, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Pickaxe

ava-drake.jpg

Drake Flamerobe
, Level 5 Knight (xxlrocka)

39 year old male human

Health: 14/14

Gold: 297

Inventory: Greatsword (WP: 5), Torch(WP: 3), Shield(SP: 2), Potion, Tonic, Phoenix Essence, Shovel

Drake, I healed up to full health, as you would be once you were in the Hall. Mizuki, you put your venom on before all the arguments broke out, as it was in the previous update. I guess since technically you haven't been in your next fight yet, it will remain envenomed until you do have another fight.

Thanks again all!

Edited by Rumble Strike

Goodbye everyone! I hope to see you in the hall or in a quest again. Erik, did you want to find out how the barbarian fight would go in the arena?