Sign in to follow this  
Zilcho

What to do with the small boats?

I have quite a few of the lying around right now and I want to do something cool and original with them, any ideas?

You could attach 2 smaller ones to make one larger or attach 4 together to make a Catamaran?

Greetz

Bjornu

I've been wondering the same thing, I have a bunch of small row boats and always thought it'd be a nice way to start MOCing. Basically using the row boats as a small canvas to start MOCing nice and slow with small projects. I haven't found much either, so I appreciate this thread, but I did find this which I thought was interesting.

http://www.classic-pirates.com/sets/alternate-sets-lego-idea-books.html

All of those are good ideas. You could use them to create rocks possibly. Use them as something to design around. Or use them as parts of a creature. I have an idea that I plan on using where the stern of the old ships hulls be used for a sea monster. Hope this helps!

Not exactly pirate era, but I usually add either an inboard motor (with huge air scoop) or steam engine to make motor/steam launches or fast attack boats for my post-apocalyptic setting... The design is fairly simple and a great way to make use of the zillion rowboats I have (not to mention excess minifigs, since each fast attack boat seats two).

You could create a little wood seaport, or a jetty for fishermans.

6628919045_b082450cc7.jpg

(I found it on flickr, some rights are reserved: boat jetty of the resort)

I use the rope piece to hang lifeboats off the side of my larger ships to serve as lifeboats, boats for getting to shore, etc.

Edited by Tommy

Perhaps you could place three or four boats side by side over a river and place beams and plates over them to make a bridge over which the blue coats would cross with their horse drawn cannons!

I use the rope piece to hang lifeboats off the side of my larger ships to serve as lifeboats, boats for getting to shore, etc.

Ships Boats sounds like a very good and authentic idea! :)