Sign in to follow this  
dr_spock

[MOC] Airspeeder

Interesting...the overall shape is nice, but you should really work on the colors, and replace the Qui-Gon minifig.

My only concern is it doesn't look wide enough for 2 figs, nice use of parts. Oh didn't the speeder have green on as well as yellow?

Thanks. My wife pointed out that Qui-Gon was not in Episode 2 too. :blush: Do you have any suggestions for colors?

According to this, you would need some lime green, and dk. orange/brown would really help as well.

XJ6speeder.jpg

Thanks Prateek.

Those curves are difficult. I searched my collection and I do not have Anakin or Obi-Wan minifig.

picture_17466.jpg

Thanks. My wife pointed out that Qui-Gon was not in Episode 2 too. :blush:

:facepalm:

you need your wife to tell you that? :laugh:

I really like Version two - it's really nice. I can totally hear the ZVROOOOMOMM engine noises in my head :laugh:

I like your updated version, but I feel that it's not long enough. Try expanding the length of the front end. You also might be able to add some more detail in.

I'd echo what some of the others said. But still, it's turning out to be a lovely little speeder!

Keep at it, I want to see this upgraded to another version. :classic:

I really like your updates, but it’s starting to look to much like the one I’m making. So stop it! Just kidding! Great work! :thumbup:

Haha, the new version needs to be a little longer now to balance the widening.

Thanks guys for the feedback.

I made a couple more updates. I lengthen it a bit and added some more details. This version has a cup holder for the Lego coffee. I don't have yellow 3x4 slopes so I tried some green ones to see if the shape works. I think the shorter chibi version is cuter. I have a May the 4th (be with you) event next week. Not sure which version the little kids will find more interesting.

picture_17488.jpg

picture_17489.jpg

Please excuse the fake Anakin and Obi-wan. I really don't have them in my SW collection which is mostly original triology. :blush:

Hm...I think that you could use a 1x8 yellow slope, then add tiles for the other 1x8 stud length. On that part, you could do a 1x1 Yellow tile, a 2x1 Green tile, a 2x1 Yellow tile, a 2x1 green tile, and a yellow 1x1 tile. That should work out.

I looks much better now dr_spock :thumbup:. Though another windshield piece in the middle would be good.

Hello!

It's getteing better and more accurate with each version! Nice to see the progress. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hm...I think that you could use a 1x8 yellow slope...

1x8 slope *huh*

I would think you mean 8 1x1 yellow slopes...

That's cool!!!

The color yellow really fit these machines :tongue: