sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Those heads work surprisingly well for the court of owls :thumbup:

33338836906_cb18e52673.jpg

I liked the belt on Erik but the other two are kinda meh.

33223858832_f28a9e8746.jpg

Batman,Joker goon, Doctor Quinn, Red Hood ,CW Golden Glider.

33338804716_b5e2120b8a.jpg

Kryptonite necklace superman, Guy Gardener, Batwing, fancy Joker, Heatwave

I tried to give batwing a visor but it wouldn't stay on so I had to give him a batman head.

I want to make a GLTAS Manhunter

I'd use this torso 6171790.jpg but don't know what head to use.

Any suggestions?

Made some more characters this week. One is Rebirth Jon Kent, and the others are the Pterodax from Spider-Man: The New Animated Series (2/3 of them anyway.) Here's how they turned out. 

The Super SonPterodax (Spider-Man: The New Animated Series)

It's been a while =)

First, Danny. To be honest, I made him after the first trailer of the series. Based this one on the scene when he sits on the sofa.

32662668564_2c24e39fda_c.jpgIron Fist by Serge A. Hunt, on Flickr

Second, two MexiVerse antiheroes, El Pool Muerto (Mexican Deadpool) and El Castigador (Mexican Punisher).

32691852733_99cbb72f68_c.jpgEl Pool Muerto by Serge A. Hunt, on Flickr

33465214196_5deaab9a79_c.jpgEl Castigador by Serge A. Hunt, on Flickr

And finally, Man-Thing. An alien head fits quite nice, IMHO.

33465210786_4d303415a7_c.jpgMan-Thing by Serge A. Hunt, on Flickr

6 hours ago, mr_witchhunter said:

Second, two MexiVerse antiheroes, El Pool Muerto (Mexican Deadpool) and El Castigador (Mexican Punisher).

El Pool Muerto by Serge A. Hunt, on Flickr

El Castigador by Serge A. Hunt, on Flickr

Wow, those "MexiVerse" characters look great! Are they based on anything in the comics? I love the use of the sugar-skull body for Punsher's torso, and I totally think Deadpool would dress up in the most stereotypical Mexican clothing. Also, I think the Red Hood head is a good alternative to the (incredibly expensive) actual Deadpool figure.

14 minutes ago, N_Cat said:

Wow, those "MexiVerse" characters look great! Are they based on anything in the comics? I love the use of the sugar-skull body for Punsher's torso, and I totally think Deadpool would dress up in the most stereotypical Mexican clothing. Also, I think the Red Hood head is a good alternative to the (incredibly expensive) actual Deadpool figure.

Thanks!

The sugar-skull on the Punisher's torso is based on this picture:

3c0cd5e139ffb5c57fe4636c4b4d5a89.jpg

Sombrero, bandana and the cloak are my own ideas. I just tried several combinations of the parts I had.

And CMF Graduate's robe was just perfect.

About Deadpool... At first, I wanted it to be a usual version, but since I still hope to get the official minifigure, I decided to make an alternative universe version. I based it on these pictures:

http://shirtminion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Deadpool-Deadly-Tacos-Mexican.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KM-62717LFM/maxresdefault.jpg

Mongul, Starman, Slipknot

32448624624_2f9d4c24f7_m.jpg

Kyle Rayner, Anti Monitor, Tomar Ray

32491874403_9d190da878_m.jpg

Sand, King Kraken, Ragman

33384390846_7202e9ebd4_m.jpg

It will not let me post more than 3 pics...is this normal

Edited by HMD BrickCustoms

That's not a pictures-per-post limit. The EB forum is not a photo-hosting site, so the total attachments' space is very limited (intended to be used for an avatar pic only).

You'll have to use one of the free photo-hosting sites out there (like Flickrs, Brickshelf, MOCpages, ...) to store your pictures, and then deeplink them here.

I think Mantis has a good more green torso for a comic version of Hela

Also, if anybody wants to make a Madame Gao minifig from Marvel's Daredevil and Iron Fist I recommend:

- Bridge Battle Aunt May's head with this hair: http://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-4589270

- Any random Asian inspired civillian torso and legs work for the body

13 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Got a new batch!

DC

That Zod is perfect! If I didn't know better, I would totally believe that was an official minifigure.

A long gestating project finally come to an end recently; finally!!!

img_7562euro.png

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl in Lego at last!

img_7564euro.png

PARD!!!

img_7566euro.png

Beating up the Marvel Universe!

img_7565euro.png

Worthy to wield Thor's Hammer! (yes this is actual Marvel Comics canon... Doreen can indeed wield the Hammer!)

Looking at the Nexo Knights army packs going on sale made me want to make a hell army to be coming out of that Dr. Strange portal. And then digging around in that theme more and finding Moltor made me realize there was a pretty good base to build The Dread Dormammu around.

33170326270_3220abf9c3_c.jpg

33425140251_03bb53c5bd_c.jpg

On 3/19/2017 at 0:24 PM, N_Cat said:

That Zod is perfect! If I didn't know better, I would totally believe that was an official minifigure.

Thank you so much!

20 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

A long gestating project finally come to an end recently; finally!!!

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl in Lego at last!

PARD!!!

Beating up the Marvel Universe!

Worthy to wield Thor's Hammer! (yes this is actual Marvel Comics canon... Doreen can indeed wield the Hammer!)

That Squirrel Girl isn't just great, she's- dare I say it? -unbeatable!! Of course, the next obvious question is: how are we gonna do Cat-Thor? :grin:

I love that Dormammu! I've been wanting to make him for awhile to fill out my batch of Marvel mystics!

On 19/03/2017 at 4:24 PM, N_Cat said:

I agree. I'm going to have to pick a couple of those up to make Zod and maybe a Non. Looks really, really good.

Has anyone tried a different head for marvel's Sandman? I feel like either Kiteman or Philip Swift from pirates of the Caribbean would work well, and I'd love to see either of those combinations if possible.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

Just heard a bunch of talk over on the Marvel thread about how much everyone wishes Peter's homemade suit would be in the Spider-Man: Homecoming sets, and I realized that we could make one that's basically spot-on ourselves! 

Here's a link to my concept

Recipe being, essentially, plain blue arms with red hands on the CMF devil kid's red hoodie torso, with red and blue molded legs. The head's up to preference. I used the CMF Red Hood helmet, but you could go with the regular Red Hood helmet, Deadpool's head, Scarlet Spider/Spider-Woman's head, or whatever floats your boat, really. 

Oh yeah, and if you're a "Stickers count" purist, you can always use that spider emblem from the Spider-Trike set for the torso!

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd
Forgotten information

On 3/17/2017 at 3:29 PM, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I want to make a GLTAS Manhunter

I'd use this torso 6171790.jpg but don't know what head to use.

Any suggestions?

Ooo! How did I miss this post?? That's a brilliant idea!!

Maybe the old old Mr. Freeze head, or the Lego Movie robot heads? I'd just focus on the most expressionless head with the most striking red eyes you can find. I'd try for one of the old-old red helmets, too, if you can, though the newer ones would work just fine!