Sign in to follow this  
moop

My First MOC: Arkham Asylum (Pic Heavy)

I really loved the Batman contest and seeing all of the entries for it. Some really inspired stuff. Because of that I searched the web looking for more stuff and came across a multitude of Arkham themed MOC's and Batcave themed MOC's. I originally thought I would tackle the Batcave as my first MOC, but realized that the sets I had were more suited to Arkham instead. Arkham is a much a better set to showcase villains and heroes. I was most inspired BeKindRewind's Arkham, so I wanted to give credit where credit is due. I took cues from his setup and expanded on them, most noticeably his fence and the use of the Clayface fig. I believe the only official villain I'm missing is Killer Croc (who does have a cell in the lower left) but he's too expensive, so I'm hoping for a reissue down the line in the Super Heroes sets. I was going to theme their individual cells but opted to leave them basic and dingy. I liked the existing Arkham set as a basis and then expanded on it with two of the forge buildings from Medieval Market Village stacked on top of each other. I also wanted the cells to be visible so I turned them facing the interior. The MOC is very busy but I wanted to show a chaotic battle at the Asylum. Like I said, this is my first MOC so I learned some things with it, most notably, it's much more stable if you build from the ground up instead of planting pre-built structures into it. I hope you guys enjoy and seriously, thanks to BeKindRewind for the inspiration.

Lego-Arkham-1.jpg

Lego-Arkham-2.jpg

Lego-Arkham-3.jpg

Lego-Arkham-4.jpg

Lego-Arkham-5.jpg

Lego-Arkham-6.jpg

Lego-Arkham-7.jpg

Lego-Arkham-8.jpg

Lego-Arkham-9.jpg

Lego-Arkham-10.jpg

Lego-Arkham-11.jpg

Lego-Arkham-12.jpg

Lego-Arkham-13.jpg

Lego-Arkham-14.jpg

Lego-Arkham-15.jpg

Lego-Arkham-16.jpg

Edited by moop

Wow, very nice! Lots of great action and details here! I especially like the two tallest buildings that were not part of the original set as they are the most original and most detailed part of this. This is one of my favorite Arkham MOCs and I would totally buy it if it was a set! This needs to go on Cuusoo stat! :sweet:

Love your Arkham, moop! And thanks for the shout-out. I always felt that my Arkham was a little on the small side but in order to keep the whole display under 5 feet it was a necessity. However you've gone and done a wonderful job and I bow to your MOC. I like the prison riot idea and if I'm not mistaken is that poor Dr. Arkham cowering right in the middle of the fray? While I like that you incorporated the original TLG Arkham, it's actually your own areas I like the best - especially the exterior wall seen in the fourth picture.

Good details i love all the different ways the villians are escaping. And the big crowd looks hectic all around nice work! :grin:

Wow thats incredible! I love the chaos going on in the MOC! I also really love the picture of Joker looking up at Batman :thumbup:

Also I second what Oky says!

This is amazing! I love the details on the buildings that Oky mentioned, and the pictures are fantastic!

Wow, very nice! Lots of great action and details here! I especially like the two tallest buildings that were not part of the original set as they are the most original and most detailed part of this. This is one of my favorite Arkham MOCs and I would totally buy it if it was a set! This needs to go on Cuusoo stat! :sweet:

Hear, hear! Cuusoo this baby right now! :wub_drool:

This is incrediable! :sweet::wub: I ecspecily like the details like the

fence posts and the utter caoas! I might sugest taking Bane out, as I dont

think he is insane. :sceptic: Very nice fist MOC. :sweet: Good job!

Great job. Nice incorporating of the official set. You're added bits are great. I really like outer wall, particularly the rock formations you have. The riot is perfect, you have the action breaking out all over the place, there's so much to look at. An amazing first MOC.

Nice! Very clever way of how to build an addition to the original set (anyone interested to buy it from me? I still have several in stock! :grin: ) I would love to see LEGO release sometrhing of that kind in one of the new DC waves.

BTW, who's the guy in the blue suit supposed to be?

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Very nice work! I really like the architecture, especially the roof and walls. The best part for me is that you've depicted the Arkham in the middle of a breakout/takeover, and the action is staged very well. The van tipped over is a great touch.

Thanks! As far as CUUSOO, Id love to but I don't think it would take off. I bet TLG is working on another Arkham set (at least hopefully!

Love your Arkham, moop! And thanks for the shout-out. I always felt that my Arkham was a little on the small side but in order to keep the whole display under 5 feet it was a necessity. However you've gone and done a wonderful job and I bow to your MOC. I like the prison riot idea and if I'm not mistaken is that poor Dr. Arkham cowering right in the middle of the fray? While I like that you incorporated the original TLG Arkham, it's actually your own areas I like the best - especially the exterior wall seen in the fourth picture.

Thanks BeKind. I appreciate the love seeing as yours was what set me off on making this one.

Nice! Very clever way of how to build an addition to the original set (anyone interested to buy it from me? I still have several in stock! :grin: ) I would love to see LEGO release sometrhing of that kind in one of the new DC waves.

BTW, who's the guy in the blue suit supposed to be?

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I have no idea. I just liked that blue suit and figured he'd make a good person that needed some help.

Thanks for all of the awesome comments. Glad to see so many people who like it.

hmmm very nice mate. A worthy rendition of Arkham.

Like many others i could imagine this appealing to LEGO as a cuusoo set.

Ha! This is brilliant....such chaos and carnage when these guys get loose :) great work!