Plastikman

Large transport helicopter

indexed.gif V-A-02F, V-LC-10C & V-LC-10D

Hello,

Here is a MOC i have build: a large transport helicopter for minifigs, complete with support equipment.

It's been a year since I've first started designing the model with LDD, now I finally came around to building it.

The heli is not really ready yet. I'm looking at reinforcing the landing gear because the heli is quite heavy.

7096835773_d92789126b_z.jpg

IMG_7998 by Jetnoize, on Flickr

7096836401_18fd3beba1_z.jpg

IMG_8012 by Jetnoize, on Flickr

More pictures can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetnoize

The LDD renderings and some progress pictures can bee seen at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=496836

The heli has working rotors, powered by a PF M-motor.

The landing gear is retractable.

I have incorporated 2 PF LED's in the interior.

The cockpit is detailed with front and overhead instrumentpanels, 2 cyclic and 2 collective sticks and of course the minifig crew.

The cargobay is quite large and unobstructed.

There's a cargosling hook on the underside.

Furthermore I've put many details on the model like various antenna's, rear view mirror's and (non functional) lights.

Edited by Phred
Deeplinked pictures

Have you got a breakdown of the main rotor? Ive built a rotor using some technic parts but the blades droop too much and catch on the tail section too much, so I want to make them rigid. Was hoping to see how you did yours.

Cheers

AWESOME creation and PF too ! :excited:

Great designing 'Plastikman', I like the support vehicle too ! :classic:

Try deep linking some of those images here to tease people to your Flickr page (as long as the size doesn't exceed 800x600). :classic:

Agreed. The MOC is amazing, and the fact that it has moving rotors is excelent as well. I see you going far, keep on building! :thumbup:

Dakar

That is indeed very nice - both the helicopter and the ground vehicles. Very realistic - and huge! :)

I agree with the suggestion that you should deeplink some of these images. It's not difficult, and it will make more people look at them.

Looks fantastic. Is it based on a real heli? Looks like you have the main and tail rotors synchronised too, nice.

damn that is awesome, have you got more pictures ? would like to see how you put the motor in it etc

Edited by Stefano

That is one HUGE heli you designed and built. It looks great, very realistic. The added PF is a great addition, as well as, the ground support. Very nice work here, Plastkiman default_classic.gif

Wow, this thing is really huge. Very impressive. With these great ground vehicles it looks like an official set.

Keep it up! :oh:

Amazing how you managed to squeeze the power function in for the main and tail rotor, and still keep a clear loading bay.

Bart

From the color it looks like one of the rescue helicopters we get flying overhead, really like them except maybe a bit bigger? Nice detail though and very realistic especially with those support vehicles.

Thanks for the great reactions!

Have you got a breakdown of the main rotor? Ive built a rotor using some technic parts but the blades droop too much and catch on the tail section too much, so I want to make them rigid. Was hoping to see how you did yours.

Cheers

Here is how I did the main rotor (see attached picture). The droop is there because of the technic pins I used (this to be able to put some pitch in each blade)

The rotor itself is quitte sturdy and it doesn't break at all. In fact I am very pleased how the blades droop, it really adds to the realism.

damn that is awesome, have you got more pictures ? would like to see how you put the motor in it etc

Here you can see how the motor is build in the model:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5375109

IMG_8034

The battery box isn't build in, it is too large. I have to put it beside the helicopter or in the cargo bay when running the motor.

Reminds me of the Russian built Mi-26

delcam3.jpg

:thumbup:

This was my main inspiration, along with the american build CH 53

post-17432-13381383050607.gif

Edited by Plastikman