Sign in to follow this  
hachiroku

[MOC] "Midi-scaled-UCS" 10129 Snowspeeder

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

One of my favourites sets is the UCS Snowspeeder, impossible to buy (for a student :sweet: ) now. I made this set in midi-scale, because I don´t have parts and place to expose.

10129-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

2.jpg

(God bless minifig series´s plates xd)

3.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

The speeder is really rally swooshable.

This is a serious question. I think that this speeder is scaled too big in comparison with minifigs, but they doesn´t look bad together:

8.jpg

9-1.jpg

10.jpg

EDIT: Thanks to mutley777, i made some modifications:

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Bye!

"This is a serious question. I think that this speeder is scaled too big in comparison with minifigs, but they doesn´t look bad together:"

What is the question exactly? Do the minifigs look ok in your snowspeeder?

If that is the question, then I'd say yes they most certainly do!

You captured the style of the UCS Snowspeeder so well.

The cockpit is nice and tidy, perhaps the cockpit canopy is a little too wide, but then perhaps a 4 stud wide cockpit would then be too narrow for the size you have attempted. I personally think it looks just fine as it is. (I'm arguing with myself now :laugh: )

The wings are a great job! Tidy, with the right amount of detail =D Maybe a little bit more greeble on the gun on the middle section of it?

Brilliant use of those collector minifig base plates!

Overall it is really well done! :thumbup:

Edited by Fuppylodders

A pretty good MOC Snowspeeder there. Some great details on the rear od the speeder! :thumbup:

However it does suffer from one of my real pet hates of Snowspeeder MOC's. The angle of the wings is quite a bit off.

The angle in, towards the front of the ship should only start after the Repulsor Drive Units (see below) not before like yours do. The UCS set has it right in your picture above and is only one other that the very first 7130 system Snowspeeder to get the angle right.

snowspeeder.GIF

A pretty good MOC Snowspeeder there. Some great details on the rear od the speeder! :thumbup:

However it does suffer from one of my real pet hates of Snowspeeder MOC's. The angle of the wings is quite a bit off.

The angle in, towards the front of the ship should only start after the Repulsor Drive Units (see below) not before like yours do. The UCS set has it right in your picture above and is only one other that the very first 7130 system Snowspeeder to get the angle right.

snowspeeder.GIF

Thank you for the blueprint. It have to me some good ideas, and I removed a "illegal technique" that I made to build a unnecesary angle.

PS: Pics in the first post.

I like it a lot!

Why did you go with a 6-wide canopy? From the rest of the model, it looks like it could easily accommodate a 4-wide. Did you try it? To me, the current canopy looks too "beefy" and square-ish relative to the rest of the model.

I might also suggest changing the front orange plate to tiles to smooth the nose.

Otherwise, I love it. Thanks for posting!

That is a really nice minifig scale version of the UCS Snowspeeder! It is instantly recognizable that you used the UCS model as your inspiration, and since that was the intent i'd say you did a pretty good job at it. :thumbup:

However, i do agree with the constructive feedback given in the comments above. The 6-wide cockpit appears to be a bit too wide, a 4-wide cockpit would indeed look better in my opinion. I was going to comment on the ugly gaps between the angled parts in the nose, but i see you already made some modifications to work those out. Definately an improvement!

Very cool, I especially like the use of CMF plates for the rear. It also reminds me of the snow speeders from the Family Guy Star Wars spoofs.