Sign in to follow this  
deckersk

Old LDD files

I built several actual brick models a few years ago and documented them with LDD files (not sure of LDD version). Now I'm trying to go back and update them with 4.2.5 and I'm finding that in each model, 1-5 parts won't load. The parts are there in the extended LDD tab and I can pull them into the work space but I can't attach them to the model. Does anyone know what's up with this and if there are any workarounds.

Thanks,

Steve

Hello and welcome to Eurobricks.:sweet:

Are you able to attach the LDD file to your post so we can take a look?

Also could you tell us what parts that are not showing up in your LDD version?

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

are you able to attach the LDD files to your post

deckersk won't be able to link to an upload until 5 posts, I'm not sure about attaching directly

As for the models, the older version of LDD may have used a different model for the same piece, or a slightly different piece entirely, as several errors have been ironed out during updates. So although you'll be able to find the part in the pallet, it could have a different 'boundary' to the one you used originally, which means it might not fit directly where it used to be if the surrounding parts are not quite placed correctly. Different versions of LDD have allowed different errors/illegal connections.

The only real workaround is moving sections of bricks away from the model, replacing the piece, and placing the sections back, but without seeing the models I can't help any further.

H

OK if I try to rebuild the model in the trouble areas the new version of the part should work? I'll give it a try and let you know. It does frequently seem to be the same sort of parts that are failing, which would match your description.

Thanks.

Steve

Taking the model apart, then putting in the troubled piece from the new library, let me rebuild the model and then open it in 4.2.5 successfully. Now on to change the rest of the models. (sigh)

Thanks very much for your help.