Raacerx2

Ex-Captain Bart's Floating Tavern

[pid][/pid]212A

An MOC I made to practice a few techniques, mainly the water. I like it.

"The Pirates of Scurvy Cove thought it would be an easy in/out job; grab the Ruby of Sintali and off they would go. Captain Bart didn't even have a boat to sail after them, and the bar was a "Leave Your Weapon at the Door" kind of place. They thought that would mean an easy smash and grab and no resistance, but it turns out, they weren't the only ones not following the rules. Now with a murder on their hands, they high tail it out of there to rush back to their hideout. Will Captain Bart sail the seas once more to avenge his fallen patron?"

One of the pirates leaps into the boat as another casts off the line

img_6875a.jpg

The modified dingy was stolen from an Imperial trading post and then modified

img_6881a.jpg

This is going to take some clean up... (since changed blood to be under body)

img_6927a.jpg

Bart's Tavern had seen better days, but the rum was cheap and you could always fine a palm leave to hide under. Bart accepted payment in palm fronds as well as gold or tales from the sea.

img_6889a.jpg

Who knows what lies beneath, but Captain Bart's reputation of anger is enough to take the risk of leaping

img_6917a.jpg

While it isn't normal for someone to be stabbed with a spear on an average day at Bart's Tavern, a fellow patron looks on quizzically as the robbery unfolds.

img_6923a.jpg

As long as his rum isn't spilled, or Bart is distracted enough to sneak a little, the patron doesn't mind if someone gets stabbed

img_6906a.jpg

The patron looks on, Bart yells obscenities (I hope someone notices the pole under the bar counter for folks feet to rest)

img_6385a.jpg

The unnecessary carnage

img_6941a.jpg

Critique is always welcome (encouraged!). This is my 3rd MOC in the last couple weeks. I wanted to do more of a roof, but I like the dilapidated look and the pieces of wood floating in the water, etc. Also, the entire thing can be turned upside down. Only the oar will fall out of the chest.

Very nice. We seem to have a lot of alcohol-related MOCs lately. :pir_laugh2:

I like the detail here, particularly the part of the floor/roof that's fallen into the sea, but I'm especially amazed you can turn it upside down. :pir-classic:

An unique concept, and nicely executed. Nice job!

The first thing I saw within the tavern was a stabbed body, not a very welcoming sight. :pir-tongue:

I like the roof idea and the only remark I have is to add thicker poles underneath the tavern. It looks so fragile right now.

The rest is splendid. :pir-sweet:

I never knew I had a tavern :O

It looks funny though :D nice place to visit.

Bart

Boy you are just churning out the MOC's.

I agree the water turned out pretty good. I like the small inserts so you don't just have smooth glass for water, but something more natural looking.

hehe very funny little moc, i like the fact you made it look so.....poor, and look like it could wreck and sink in a minute,

really nice job, it look very pirate'ish

Nice MOC I like the way you have made it look battered down like a true pirate tavern :pir-grin: . But why did Jack Sparrow have to die :pir_bawling: .

Thanks Gents! I'm having a great time! Look for more!

An unique concept, and nicely executed. Nice job!

The first thing I saw within the tavern was a stabbed body, not a very welcoming sight. :pir-tongue:

I like the roof idea and the only remark I have is to add thicker poles underneath the tavern. It looks so fragile right now.

The rest is splendid. :pir-sweet:

I agree Captain Blackmoor; the little MOC started just as an experiment in water and then grew from that so I hadn't really prepared for the overall size. I wanted it to look rickety, like it is about to fall over, but it didn't come out 100% like I wanted. I think I will beef up 3 of the poles, and then leave one very dilapidated. I had even thought about leaving it one plate short and intentionally making the building "sink" to that side a bit. I kind of like that idea, adding one plate in the opposite corner.

I never knew I had a tavern :O

It looks funny though :D nice place to visit.

Bart

=D

Boy you are just churning out the MOC's.

I agree the water turned out pretty good. I like the small inserts so you don't just have smooth glass for water, but something more natural looking.

Thanks Cam; I'm happy with the way it turned out, although I sort of haphazardly put them in. I sort of like the "random" look, but I also like the look of the consistent zigzag (like in "Pirate's Remorse"). However, now that I've started to play with techniques, I'm back to thinking about doing some rolling swells in the bay for my big project!

I really enjoy the water, very realistic. :pir-sweet: The tavern looks fantastic as well. Keep up the great work!

Edited by Hiawatha