I'll be there, and I'm looking forward to it! I know a few people from the Technic forum will be there, but I'd like to invite everyone to join. Here's some info from the BrickMagic site:

Out Of This World LEGO Fun!

The third annual BRICKMAGIC LEGO Festival will be held MAY 17-20, 2012 at the Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown

Public ticketed event: MAY 19-20, 2012

Saturday 10 AM - 5 PM * Sunday 10 AM - 4 PM

-Meet Certified Professional LEGO builder DAN PARKER, and help him build a 5 ft. wide DEATHSTAR!

-See a huge hall of custom LEGO creations by top builders from around the country!

-Play with over 20,000 loose LEGO bricks in our FREE BUILD ROOM (sponsored by Lay-N-Go)!

-Meet professional minifigure customizer JARED K. BURKS, who will hold free minifig workshops!

-Attend workshops on building tips and techniques!

-Meet the team from SHATTERPOINT ENTERTAINMENT, as they demonstrate the making of animated LEGO films (which will run continuously in our Theater Room all weekend)!

-Watch a robotics competition by First® LEGO® League teams, and try hands-on demonstrations of MINDSTORMS robots!

-Shop for hard-to-find LEGO parts and sets, and purchase our special LIMITED EDITION SPACEFIGHTER EVENT KIT, available only at BrickMagic!

-Be the first to see the TOP SECRET NEW SETS that LEGO will debut exclusively at BrickMagic 2012!

-Meet JOE MENO, editor of BrickJournal magazine, and author of the new books YOU CAN BUILD IT and THE CULT OF LEGO, which debut at BrickMagic 2012!

-Enter the SPACESHIP BUILDING CONTEST and win prizes!

-Plus lots more!

CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER TICKETS FOR THE 2012 FESTIVAL, AND SAVE $1 PER TICKET!

Single-Day TICKETS:

Adults (age 17-up): $12 ($11 in advance)

Kids (age 4-16) and Seniors: $8 ($7 in advance)

Age 3 and under: FREE

Private exhibitor-only convention: MAY 17-18, 2012

-Assistant Brand Manager Ariana Keyser, will be our special guest. She has dedicated all day Friday to the event, unfortunately, she will need to fly back Saturday morning. Ariana has an in-depth presentation covering the new LEGO Monster Fighters theme with images of the sets, minifigs, and various media content including a new mini-movie that will not be aired until June. She has also been able to secure copies of the physical products to be displayed for the entire weekend at the LEGO Booth. To make her welcome, it would be great to have a haunted table or two for MOCs - if you haven't built a MOC yet, this would be something to think about. A haunted house, monsters, thinks that go bump in the night...

Many thanks to Kevin Hinkle and the LEGO Group for the guest visit!

-Call for Star Wars MOCs! Because of the Death Star Build by Dan Parker, part of the exhibit hall will be set aside for photo opps for the visiting 501st Legion. Visitors will include Darth Vader, Darth Maul, and stormtroopers! With this, there will be a silent auction for MOCs with 501st characters and Star Wars sets, with proceeds going to the Make a Wish Foundation. Those withe Star Wars MOCs are encouraged to register their models so I can place them in the exhibit area. These will be the settng for the photo ops, so if you want to be seen, this is probably the place. Those who wish to donate a Star Wars set for auction, please send me an e-mail at admin@brickjournal.com. And yes, there will be plenty of time to take pics - the 501st will be there all weekend, including Friday evening.

AFOL

if you would like to sign-up, click HERE

Please note that you will have to confirm your sign-up before you may register for the event or register mocs.

CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM AT OUR SPECIAL $90 RATE! you can call the Hilton at 919-872-2323 or go to www.hilton.com and use Group Code "LEG" to get the special $90 per night rate!

Hilton Hotel

3415 Wake Forest Road

Raleigh, NC 27609

Presented by TwoMorrows Inc. and BrickJournal Magazine

I hope to see some of you all there!

Thanks,

Daniel

Edited by dhc6twinotter