Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Valholl Training grounds

I made this one in less than two hours. The build itself isn't great, I just wanted to play around with the different face expressions of the minifigs.

7098711423_8c83815613.jpg

The overall view.

6952641062_110f552dc9.jpg

The general doesn't seem to be very pleased with the new load of soldiers-to-be.

6952641342_f88f48e721.jpg

One of the instructors. Also not very pleased so it seems.

6952641596_23146d6821.jpg

"LOWER! HURRY UP! YOU'RE DOING IT COM-PLET-ELY WRONG!!"

6952641820_3a8b0ccba2.jpg

"Yes, great swing." Motivation is maybe the best way to train. Unfortunately only one of the trainers agrees with that.

This is my first entry to the Mitgardian mini challenge, where we have to build a moc for the army in Valholl (a wall/sentry/trebuchet, anything goes). Does anyone has some advice on making a better baseplate? I think mine is way too boring and plain, but I don't really have a clue how to improve it..

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Tazmaniac
Fixed title

Making bare ground more interesting usualy comes down to using à lot of plates. Preferably smaller ones, like 1x2. Take à look at derfels guide and SoTs creations on how they have done it. Also some foilage would be appropriate, trees, plants. You could even use some snow. Your challenge entry already had landscaping then this one. Lets see what you can come up with!

Yes, but in my challenge three entry, the terrain was easier to detail imo. Snow, caves, forest etc are all rather easy to make it more complex. In a city is is way harder (or at least, for me), also because I don't have an unlimited amount of tiles like some other builders.

I'll try to come up with some pathwork or something in my next build, maybe that will add enough texture.

Just add some scattered smaller plates on the ground, in tan, dark tan, and reddish brown, to give it a bit more texture. Like 1x2s, 2x2s, and 2x4s.

I like the minifigs expressions Blaze =)

Nice job Blaze! I like the style of the building :thumbup: as others have said just put some different plates around to give depth.

That's a fast entry! I really like it, even more because I didn't thought of it. And as I big fan of minifig posing, this is excellent. Al the expressions work really well.

About the ground, ofcourse a lot of plates does make it better but you have to got a lot of those! So just some (cheese)slopes that makes a small rock or on some places a few round plates does the job also!

What a great idea! U.S army going Mitgardia! :laugh: As everyone have said, I love the minifig posing and their faces!

Regarding the ground, I agree with the rest. Some plates in white and sand green to make it look even more Mitgardian.

Great work on this one! :classic:

Great build, and for the baseplate add some random studs, 1x1 tiles and sloped tiles.

Great build, and for the baseplate add some random studs, 1x1 tiles and sloped tiles.

This topic is over two years old. Please do not reply to an older topic unless you have something new and substantial to contribute.