Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brickdoctor

Heroica RPG - Quest #31: Lions and Lambs

1004 posts in this topic

~This topic is meant only for the players who have been chosen to participate in this Quest. If you wish to join the game, head over to the

Rules and Discussion topic to learn how to do so.~

Quest31-Title.jpg

Quest31-1.jpg

In the weeks preceding the Lion-Brobric War, the heroes of Heroica's fourth quest were hired by the Shadeaux to investigate the disappearances of trading caravans on Uland.

Quest31-2.jpg

Chief among their suspects were the Brobric Elves, specifically an organization known as Keveak's Army which opposed the settling on Uland of any significant human faction. Convinced that the elves were behind the raids and were attempting to frame the Lion Knights, the heroes killed Lords Keveak and Ricroar in the Battle of the Hinckwell House.

Quest31-3.jpg

Only later would they discover that the entire conflict had been designed by the Shadeaux to provoke a war from which they could profit. Thus, with the elves believing that their lords had been killed by Lion Knights, the Lion-Brobric War began.

Quest31-4.jpg

To the heroes of Heroica's seventeenth quest fell the burden of protecting the Lion Knights and their purely agricultural goals from the rampaging elven army. Under Sir Lawrence Comayne, the best of the Lion troops gathered for a last stand at Bric'Bay Fort.

Quest31-5.jpg

Exploring the fort, the heroes constructed defenses from what materials were available, giving them a fighting chance.

Quest31-7.jpg

Finally, as onagers demolished the walls around them, the heroes killed Lord Keveak's three remaining lieutenants: Lords Davril, Belril, and Leorry.

Quest31-8.jpg

With all the other elven lords dead, new High Lord Normorn took control and moved quickly to sign a peace treaty, ending the war.

Though the Lion Knights had been victorious and had secured their place as a minor power on Uland, their victory inspired some of their own to return to their ancient homeland of Dastan and rebuild an army. The Lions have turned to Heroica to assist them in rounding up the rebels before they can cause any trouble with the Three Emperors…

LionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.png

You follow the Lion Pikeman along the Eubric Highway to a field just outside Eubric, on the Eubric Plains. Looking around you, you spot your fellow heroes chosen for this quest. You notice that they are:

skrall.jpg

Skrall
, Level 15 Hunter (Waterbrick Down) *Party Leader*

Power:
25
(+4 vs beasts)

Health:
28/28

Defense:
0

Gold:
8

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow: WP 10 (+4 vs beasts)
, Heavy Crossbow: WP 8 (Knockback), Potion, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Skeleton Decoy

ava-arthur.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII
, Level 9 Mage (Flipz) *Party Second-in-Command*

Power:
14

Health:
13/13

Ether:
13/13

Defense:
1

Gold:
0

Inventory:
Arthur's Staff of Elven Necromancy (WP: 5)
,
Robe of Magi (SP:1)
, Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Potion(x2), Bedroll, Telescope, Healing Staff, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Shovel, Grand Tonic

avatarrogue.png

Isabella del Toboso
, Level 6 Rogue (Dharkan)

Power:
11

Health:
12/12

Defense:
1

Gold:
94

Inventory:
Fauxthril Dagger (WP:7)
, Golden Dagger (WP:3),
Cloak of the Invisible Elf (SP: 1;
untargetable for first 2 Rounds of every Battle
)
, Venom, Potions (2), Bedroll, Fire Bombs (2)

avatar.jpg

Alexandre le Chevalier
, Level 9 Knight (Capt.JohnPaul)

Power:
14

Health:
18/18

Defense:
7

Gold:
30

Inventory:
Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 6; ignores SP)
, Cross Heater Shield (SP: 7), Potions (2), Fire Bombs (2), Bedroll

Quest31-9-1.jpg

You see one of the many peasant farmers who have given the Lions a respectable share of the wheat, cattle, and sheep markets - and, consequently the power - on Uland. You see another pikeman, guarding an opening in the fence, step aside to allow the peasant and his sheep pass through. As they do, you see the pikeman turn to you.

ava-pikeman.png

"Heroes, welcome. Sir Leonard has been expecting you. We're not completely certain of your itinerary, so I've been instructed to ask you now to make sure that you have everything you wish to bring on the quest."

LionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.pngLionIcon.png

QM Note:

All players have 24 hours to confirm their participation by posting in this topic. Any players who do not confirm within that time will be placed under the control of the Party Leader until they return to consistent, active posting in this topic. Also, check your stats as listed above and ensure that they are correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Everything looks good. :thumbup:

"Hail, Simbad! It is good to see you again. I am ready for this Quest, and I trust my companions will join us shortly."

Edited by Flipz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hello there friends, nice to see some familiar faces again." Isabella looks at Arthur and smiles.

"I've almost finished my preperations, what do we have this time?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hello there friends, nice to see some familiar faces again." Isabella looks at Arthur and smiles.

"I've almost finished my preperations, what do we have this time?"

"Well, I have a Healing Staff and all possible Scrolls, as well as Darkness and Ice magic. Perhaps you should pick up some potions and the like at the Marketplace? I've also heard a Magic Compass annoys the heck out of Qms can be helpful as well, though I leave that to your discretion entirely. I have everything I require, you should make sure you have everything you want." Arthur returns Isabella's smile. It was good to be with friends. He felt this group would be well-suited for anything that lay ahead.

While he waits for the others to prepare, he walks over to one of the sheep and begins petting it gently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While he waits for the others to prepare, he walks over to one of the sheep and begins petting it gently.

You stroke the back of one of the sheep, which just ignores you and keeps walking. It's wool feels pristine and fluffy, and you can see why the Lions have so easily dominated industries related to farming in so little time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Simbad, if I ever get some down time, I must see about learning some of your ways. You work such miracles in agricultural and pastoral fields, perhaps you could work one more by teaching an inept Mage such as myself how to at least passably tend such things, should the need ever arise."

OOC: For clarity: I named the pikeman Simbad, he needed a name so I could roleplay. I thought the Lion King pun would go well with your naming scheme, Doc. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Simbad, if I ever get some down time, I must see about learning some of your ways. You work such miracles in agricultural and pastoral fields, perhaps you could work one more by teaching an inept Mage such as myself how to at least passably tend such things, should the need ever arise."

ava-pikeman.png

"I myself, unfortunately, know next to nothing about these wonders that the farmers have wrought. My great-grandfather was a farmer, and my grandfather was a farmer, and my father was a farmer, and I got sick of it all and became a soldier. Father wasn't exactly happy about that, but he sees the necessity of it. Too few of us are competent warriors, and that almost cost us the war. Sir Leonard has been encouraging more young men to join our ranks, but, unfortunately, we're still peasants. We're used to being lead, not leading. We can fight, but when we get to a battle, we don't know what to do."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, hopefully we Heroes can do something about that. And, of course, Count Knyghton, Sir Lawrence, and the cleric Luke; how are they doing? Did the Count ever finish rebuilding Bric'Bay with the plans we drew up? And how have those new siege weapon designs been working out for the Lion Knights, surely he's had a little time to improve on my flimsy spur-of-the-moment efforts, yes?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, hopefully we Heroes can do something about that. And, of course, Count Knyghton, Sir Lawrence, and the cleric Luke; how are they doing? Did the Count ever finish rebuilding Bric'Bay with the plans we drew up? And how have those new siege weapon designs been working out for the Lion Knights, surely he's had a little time to improve on my flimsy spur-of-the-moment efforts, yes?"

ava-pikeman.png

"Count Knyghton and Luke are here in this camp. Sir Lawrence has been overseeing the rebuilding of the fort. Sir Leonard purchased it and a good chunk of the surrounding lands."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ava-pikeman.png

"Count Knyghton and Luke are here in this camp. Sir Lawrence has been overseeing the rebuilding of the fort. Sir Leonard purchased it and a good chunk of the surrounding lands."

"How is it doing? Are the repairs and enhancements complete yet? And has Count Knyghton had time to improve upon the siege weapon designs we used there?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"How is it doing? Are the repairs and enhancements complete yet? And has Count Knyghton had time to improve upon the siege weapon designs we used there?"

ava-pikeman.png

"I'm not sure, sir. I wasn't ever stationed at Bric'Bay Fort, and the higher-ups aren't exactly fond of making the state of their defenses common knowledge."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ava-pikeman.png

"I'm not sure, sir. I wasn't ever stationed at Bric'Bay Fort, and the higher-ups aren't exactly fond of making the state of their defenses common knowledge."

"I understand." Arthur looks down the road, but sees that the other two Heroes still have not caught up. "Perhaps we can run through some basic training drills while we wait? I know that the use of a staff is slightly different than using a pike, but there are defensive techniques for both that are very similar, and may prove useful one day." Arthur steps a safe distance away from Isabella, the farmer, and the sheep, and demonstrates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I understand." Arthur looks down the road, but sees that the other two Heroes still have not caught up. "Perhaps we can run through some basic training drills while we wait? I know that the use of a staff is slightly different than using a pike, but there are defensive techniques for both that are very similar, and may prove useful one day." Arthur steps a safe distance away from Isabella, the farmer, and the sheep, and demonstrates.

You stand in the middle of the road and whirl your staff around. A couple travelers roll their eyes at you. Some give an exasperated sigh and others look mildly amused while they all gingerly step through the mud on the side of the road in their effort to pass you without being endangered by your demonstration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You stand in the middle of the road and whirl your staff around. A couple travelers roll their eyes at you give an exasperated sigh while gingerly stepping through the mud on the side of the road in their effort to pass you without being endangered by your demonstration.

OOC: :roflmao: I'm laughing so hard I almost can't post! :roflmao:

Arthur, oblivious to the annoyance of the travelers, turns back to Simbad. "Now you try it!"

OOC: :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arthur, oblivious to the annoyance of the travelers, turns back to Simbad. "Now you try it!"

ava-pikeman.png

"Thank you, sir, but I believe that I will decline."

The pikeman glances to both sides and then whispers to you.

"The officers have a nasty habit of making 'routine' checks of each entrance whenever they see one of us doing something particularly, ah, foolish."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ava-pikeman.png

"The officers have a nasty habit of making 'routine' checks of each entrance whenever they see one of us doing something particularly, ah, foolish."

Arthur looks at his staff, then back at Simbad, then back at his staff, then back at Simbad. "Argh! This is what I get for trying to learn staff techniques from a freaking Sage!"

OOC: Ahaha, if Atramor or Althior were here, it'd be even better. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I guess we'll be fine without a magic compass, just a little bit waste of time in worst case scenario."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexandre runs up to the Lion Knight (Simbad?) and genuflects. "I'm ready, my supplies are here, and I'm ready to serve."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That just leaves our Party Leader. All right, Isabella, if you feel prepared, then you are prepared." Arthur smiles reassuringly at her. He was taking his position as second-in-command very seriously, drawing on the skills he had developed reassuring the Lion Knights as Bric'bay over the course of the whole battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skrall strode forward, he had been lost in contemplation concerning the other ogre in the street and had fallen slightly behind the rest of the party. Quickly dispelling the thought Skrall addressed Simbad, "Hail good sir, I think we've got everybody here and we're all set. I've heard yer countrymen are new to the surroundin' lands, ya seem to be adaptin' well. What do ya think of Uland? How's it compare to yer last home?"

Skrall nodded to Arthur, a bit eccentric for his taste but he seemed to have a bright head on his shoulders. The rogue was new to Skrall as well as the knight, though he seemed to vaguely remind Skrall of a trigger happy ranger from his early days in Heroica Hall. He nodded to both of them giving a brief greeting, "The name's Skrall, hunter by trainin'. I believe ya accompanied Master Arthur here on his last quest."

Skrall pulled his Heavy Crossbow from its back strap and inspected its mechanisms then did the same for the Hunter's Crossbow which he had holstered in a side carrying pouch next to his satchel. "So I understand we're to be puttin' a stop to some rebels? Did ya have any friends that joined up with 'em Simbad?"

OoC: Stats look good, one modification though. Go ahead and put the Heavy Crossbow as Skrall's primary weapon which means his power is now 23. I'll indicate in battle which weapon he's using but I'll keep the Heavy Crossbow as the primary for now.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arthur nods to his Party Leader. "I'm glad I have the opportunity to Quest with you, friend. Isabella here is a bit quiet, but that just makes her sneakier, and her courage is not to be underestimated. Sir Alexandre's expertise in defensive fortifications is matched only by my own, and he is more than experienced on the field of combat. I feel we are all prepared as we can be for what lies ahead."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Very well then, if we are to be interceptin' rebels then we'll be in need of some sneakin' I suppose. Since we're out a cleric it would appear, I'm hopin' yer familier with the use of that healin' staff? "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I chatted with Elphaba about it last time I was in the Hall, yes. As long as I am not Blinded, I can heal up to 14 damage per round, to one ally. Handily, it is also effective against the undead, should we encounter them." Arthur paused, then spread his inventory before Skrall, the better to illustrate and assess his capabilities to his Party Leader. "I believe that, since I am in posession of the Healing Staff and all of the Scrolls, I will spend most of any battles we fight on healing and status-effects, unless we come across a humanoid enemy that would be weak to my Amethyst. If we DO run across undead, Sir Alexandre and Miss Isabella both posess two Fire Bombs apiece that can damage them, but after that I will be the only one capable of harming them."

OOC: This might be better suited for Rules and Discussion, but...if Skrall were to use his Heavy Crossbow on an undead creature, I know it wouldn't deal any damage, but would it still knock the creature to the Back Row?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh hello, nice to meet you Skrall. And there is Alexandre too, hello there."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh hello, nice to meet you Skrall. And there is Alexandre too, hello there."

"Hello Isabella. How are you?" Alexandre was pleased to be with 2 former questers. "And Arthur, we did a good job at the fort right? You were very clever."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.