Durins Bane

Does anyone play brickwars?

Does anyone play brickwars? I strictly mean medieval fantasy based games... I was wondering what troops, and weapons people find favorable. How many points per army do you play with?

131 views and no one plays?

Anyway, here is my army for this weekend. 300 points.

6cf194f1f3d013348702930.jpg

Edited by Durins Bane

I love Brikwars! My son and I play it now and then. Even got some of my friends to join in some games. We use the Quikwars version so it's just a 1 page doc of rules and away you go! We run all kinds of games and scenarios... castle... space... and everything in between. Using Quikwars there's little to do with "points" or weapon types. I find that long melee weapons are awesome because you can close in to melee before your opponent can. Also favor the technique of using squads to use combined attacks and decimate opponents one at a time.

We are also switching over to Lego for our PathfinderLITEgames =)

Edited by morganm

@turtleman2020: Brikwars is a set of rules for wargaming with Lego models. Just go on over to http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2005/cover.htm to get the rules. the Brikwars website has forums, but while these forums are quite active, I would not recommend them to anyone. Unless you have a high tolerance for kids who insist on using the vilest language while talking about Legos, avoid the forums. There are some really cool armies there, so I occasionally browse, but I don't post there.

Actually, I think the degeneration of the fanbase is one of the reasons no one on here talks about the game. I personally LOVE Brikwars, and always have a really great time whenever I break out the minifigs.

~Dwarf

P.S. Maybe we should start a Eurobricks Brikwars league...

I've played quite a lot of brikwars (see the STUDS stuff on the brikwars site).

But not anytime recently.

The rules are fun, but overly complex in places. And they quicky degenerate into a mass of in-jokes and house rules that are impenetrable for newcomers. Plus, they've been promising an update for more than two years...

There are plenty of other good rulesets out there, our gaming group is currently using "Song of Blades and Heroes".

It is, in my opinon, much better for medieval/fantasy wargaming.

You can see some AAR pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/80685200@N00/

I too am hanging out for LotR minifigs!

While not Brickwars, per se, some of my friends and I did use LEGO to substitute for the miniatures/battlefield/scene parts when playing Dungeons and Dragons and Warhammer... Mainly due to the LEGO actually being CHEAPER than the official Games Workshop/WOC stuff. :tongue:

I wouldn't mind giving Brickwars a try (or at least find some people local who would be willing to try LEGO wargaming with the latest Warhammer Fantasy Battles ruleset).

I would love to play Brickwars, but I can't find anyone to play with. :hmpf_bad:

I have read the rules though, and decided that in a melee, assuming equal numbers of men on each side, the two-handed weapons are probably the best. Though as I have never had a chance to try this out this is all just theoretical.

My brothers and I have been developing our own fantasy based game borrowing from other games things we like. Lego being the medium for figures and the like obviously on a printed board we are designing. More co-op and turn based.

I play Quikwars with a few of the actual Brikwars rules mixed in.

Hi,

You just bumped a four year old topic. Please read site guidelines about, especially the posting etiquettes. Thanks

I apologize, but I cannot find any info on this in the site guidelines link in your signature. I also read this post. How long is ago it acceptable to bump a thread from?