Sign in to follow this  
Gondabuggan

C.3-Search for the Crystal- Fey-Ghoul's Hallow

Good Evening Mentlegen!

Due to the unlikely event that I will work on this any more, I decided to post my Challenge 3 entry. Its not the best, and it's not what you'd expect from Mitgardia, but its Unique, and that has to count for something. ;) Sorry for lack of photos, There's not much to see. :3

EDIT: Oh, and in addition most of my good pieces are being used in something else. :P

Fey Ghoul's Hallow-

Deep under ground in the southern part of Mitgardia, there has lied an evil here for 400 years, waiting for a fresh victim to arrive, one with no will to protect itself, one with no strength to resist its bonds. The Fey-Ghoul of Venris Halfmitten. Here, in the ancient Limese Druid temple in which the Druid crystal of Air has lied for centuries, the fey, a mystical forest dimension, lush and overgrown with vegetation, intersects with the realm of man. The result is an amazing amount of overgrowth and a surprisingly warm environment, and a poison that can make a man forget who and waht he is. In addition, the ancient Limese pool was long ago cursed, so that those who drink from it must serve the Fey forever, and make sure no being gains the mystical crystal. Any man who falls completely into the lake will slowly drown until he is brought directly into the fey, where he has no means of getting back, and dark things roam in the night.

Long ago, the famed Venris Halfmitten lead an expedition with a similar goal to that of many knights throughout Historica today, the intent to capture the Druid Crystal of Mitgardia. Unfortunately for him and his crew, the expedition ended disastrously, resulting in the death of most of his men at the hands of a faery dragon. Venris was finally able to slay the beast and it dissipated into thin air, releasing a fey force that strengthened the fey around this area. Venris accidentally swallowed a mouthful of water from the well, and after the battle, he began his transformation. He personally killed the remaining men in the cavern before resurrecting them with fey-necrotic magic. The axe Venris had been using was supposed to keep evil magics out, but when he dropped it, it slowly became infected too. Even as the zombie-like creatures began roaming the caverns, the Fey-Ghoul of Venris began sacrificing his own fey-ghouls to keep himself sustained- resorting to cannibalism. He became the lord protector of the crystal, murderign and often eating the poor souls who dared venture into the ruins.

Until now.

Count Ustengravth had sent a company of his men, headed by his personal captain of guard, Vartak Mardrath, to find the legendary Air Crystal. After traveling Mitgardia and following a mystical map, they finally found the ruins and the cave. They entered, fearing that something evil was lurking. As they entered the ancient Limese temple, they were surprised by the unnatural amount of overgrowth and the warm air, and looked upon the figure at the head of the room, raised on a platform above the pool. They didn't need to be told who it was, for they had feared that they might be fighting undead remnants of the centuries old expedition anyway...

7091657849_db8613b832.jpg

7091658087_56dac2caa6.jpg

Thank you all for coming to observe, you can see larger pictures here: Fey-ghoul's Hollow

Edited by Gondabuggan

Nice scene with a great story. And kudo's for the selfmade axe, love that one!

Nice scene with a great story. And kudo's for the selfmade axe, love that one!

Thanks! And thank you again, I experimented with several axe ideas before I was happy with this one. :)

I too like the axe you've created. You've also created a very intriguing back story for the guardian. Good job!

Love the colour combo in this one! Great to see that you enter the contest as well! Some more pics have been good though

Love the colour combo in this one! Great to see that you enter the contest as well! Some more pics have been good though

Thanks!

Nice story Gondabuggan! I would have liked to have seen perhaps some action scenes of the adventurers fighting the gaurdians, that would have been really cool. Good on you for getting an entry in though. Best of luck! :classic: