I came back from a trip to Korea a few days ago (Like I always do once a year) and the LEGO there ALWAYS come with free stuff in them. So I'm wondering if only Korea get these free goodies (I don't get them in the US), and if you have ever gotten any free stuff too.

By the way, the contents are usually cheap sorting boxes while the bigger sets have more expensive ones. They used to have impulse sets last year but I guess that was too expensive.

EDIT: Some pics:

6947196498_b4bc42d6d7_n.jpg

Large

7093266457_5b3daeffa0_n.jpg

Medium

6947196190_d1ce2155fc_n.jpg

Small (Yes it comes with a cap but I was to lazy to find it.)

7093266795_19305f2e2e_n.jpg

All stacked

6947195992_0d97360b21_n.jpg

You can see they have dividers in them.

7093266665_d116534d83_n.jpg

.....And the cheap ones. :sick: They used to come in sizes as well, but they started replacing them with the plastic ones sooo....

Overall, they're pretty much like the PAB cups except square.

Edited by TheRedGuy

I came back from a trip to Korea a few days ago (Like I always do once a year) and the LEGO there ALWAYS come with free stuff in them. So I'm wondering if only Korea get these free goodies (I don't get them in the US), and if you have ever gotten any free stuff too.

By the way, the contents are usually cheap sorting boxes while the bigger sets have more expensive ones. They used to have impulse sets last year but I guess that was too expensive.

Really that sounds very strange to me. in the UK we never get anything for free. :sad: I know where I will be going on holiday next year :laugh: .

I've heard about this tradition in Korea, and I think it's cool. As far as I know, the US and Europe both have bare bones releases, where the only thing you receive is the Lego. The one exception lately has been the inclusion of the new brick separator in large 2012 sets.

To be honest though, I would be happy as long as they put the manuals and sticker sheets in a bag with cardboard backing to keep them flat.

I recall this being discussed in the past and it is just Korea. Something to do with regulations, which is why you get the storage bin.

Interesting. Is the storage bin a simple container or are there dividers? Does it have the Lego logo on it? I'd like to see a pic of it just out of curiosity.

No I have bought LEGO in a few European countries, Singapore and Indonesia and have never got any free anything in any of it! I don't know about Korea, but I have found te sets to be remarkably expensive in Asia especially compared to home. (UK) Maybe they are trying to make up for that by giving away an extra?

S over there they have Pokemon, and all the other cool stuff, now they giving away these???

Is the sets any cheaper over there then they are over here?

What sort of free stuff? :sceptic:

Are you serious?

S over there they have Pokemon, and all the other cool stuff, now they giving away these???

Is the sets any cheaper over there then they are over here?

Lol, no. They're more expensive than normal but they gotta have their shipping fee back. :tongue:

Edited by TheRedGuy

Are you serious?

Yes I'm serious! Funnily enough I don't follow the selling patterns of Asian countries! :hmpf:

So, what sort of freebies!

EDIT: Some pics:

Certainly never heard of this being done anywhere else. The containers, while simple, are pretty neat. :thumbup:

Yes I'm serious! Funnily enough I don't follow the selling patterns of Asian countries! :hmpf:

So, what sort of freebies!

I asked you if you were serious because I clearly stated what the objects are, even before the edit.

Also, for god's sake, I'm not korean! I'm just a dude that visits there once a while.

Edited by TheRedGuy

I don't know what we're considering freebies here. But the PotC sets had large posters and collectible cards in them - the sets associated with the newest movie had them. And then the mini modulate exclusive comes with a new brick separator. This is in the US.

I'm jealous now. Before the pictures I just thought, "Ok, that's cool". But now that I see that large container... :oh3: I would love to have those. The medium/small would be very useful as well.

Interesting. The small ones look identical to the ones used for Monthly Mini Model builds at LBR stores.

what an interesting and novel idea! instead of packing air, they should include containers in lego sets. that would totally justify having larger boxes for lego sets.

on a similar note, i think TLC should totally abandon the cardboard boxes and go with plastic boxes instead. i would suggest either printing on the plastic box or using stickers to display the lego sets. having a transparent or semi-transparent box would prevent theft of parts and consumers would get to see what's in the boxes before they buy - just like old times! and with a plastic seal, the returns or the customer service person can clearly see if it was open or not.

plus the boxes can be recycled as storage boxes. cool!

Wow, I wish Lego gave these out in other countries. It'd save me time and money from going to Wal-Mart to buy plastic storage containers. Plus, some of these have the Lego logo.

what an interesting and novel idea! instead of packing air, they should include containers in lego sets. that would totally justify having larger boxes for lego sets.

on a similar note, i think TLC should totally abandon the cardboard boxes and go with plastic boxes instead. i would suggest either printing on the plastic box or using stickers to display the lego sets. having a transparent or semi-transparent box would prevent theft of parts and consumers would get to see what's in the boxes before they buy - just like old times! and with a plastic seal, the returns or the customer service person can clearly see if it was open or not.

plus the boxes can be recycled as storage boxes. cool!

This is a fantastic idea. They could put a cardboard insert picture of the set and shrink wrap it. I don't know if it would cost TLG more or less, but I'd be willing to pay a bit more for a storage container.

Wow, I wish Lego gave these out in other countries. It'd save me time and money from going to Wal-Mart to buy plastic storage containers. Plus, some of these have the Lego logo.

Actually all of them have the LEGO logo.

I disagree with the plastic LEGO boxes idea, I love the smell of the cardboard when you get the LEGO set, and for years it's always been cardboard, anyway the plastic would be slightly more money then the cardboard anyway