Sign in to follow this  
songwm

Orcs attack

Hi all,

I created this Orcs attack scene last Saturday and would like to share it here. Your comments are welcome. (Sorry for my poor photography skill. I took these photos using my Iphone)

Orcs attack.

6947123236_c832081b1a.jpg

7093192131_e6b3e60e4f.jpg

Link:

Thanks for viewing.

Edited by songwm

Great diorama! This certailnly reminds me of the Pelennor Fields Battle from the LOTR (because of the orcs army units). But I certainly like depicting the scene with Kingdoms\Fantasy Era figs!

The Castle is great, especially the tower with the red roof (I like decorated walls) The last photo is just epic!

P.S. How many figs of every faction are there?

Wait a moment, did you build this last Saturday or did you finish it last Saturday?! *oh2*

The castle is huge and very well built :thumbup: . The orc army look menacing, the knights are very brave to leave the castle walls to fight the orcs man to man!

Wow, this is very impressive! What I really like most about is the variety and composition of the orc army. Rather than just a hundred of the same orc you've got it mixed up into different types of units or groups. There's the trolls pushing the heavy siege equipment, the orcs carrying ladders up to the walls, and I really love the dinosaurs! Heavy beasts of burden carrying troops like that is a very cool touch.

And the orc leader (general? king?) in the back, waiting patiently and watching as the battle unfolds is also a very nice detail. Hats off to you sir! default_thumbup.gif

Great diorama! This certailnly reminds me of the Pelennor Fields Battle from the LOTR (because of the orcs army units). But I certainly like depicting the scene with Kingdoms\Fantasy Era figs!

The Castle is great, especially the tower with the red roof (I like decorated walls) The last photo is just epic!

P.S. How many figs of every faction are there?

Thanks for your comment.

There are 3 factions. Orcs, Crown and the Lion. Crown and the Lion are alliance (that's why they stay in the same castle). There is about 180 Orcs here and around 70 Crownies/Lion.

Wait a moment, did you build this last Saturday or did you finish it last Saturday?! *oh2*

The castle is huge and very well built :thumbup: . The orc army look menacing, the knights are very brave to leave the castle walls to fight the orcs man to man!

Thanks for your comment.

I built this castle last year (took me about 8 months or so). I built this war scene last Saturday (took me few hours).

The castle is not wide enough. Therefore, i have to let the good knights go fight outside the castle to make the scene look better (its almost like a suicide though :laugh: )

Wow, this is very impressive! What I really like most about is the variety and composition of the orc army. Rather than just a hundred of the same orc you've got it mixed up into different types of units or groups. There's the trolls pushing the heavy siege equipment, the orcs carrying ladders up to the walls, and I really love the dinosaurs! Heavy beasts of burden carrying troops like that is a very cool touch.

And the orc leader (general? king?) in the back, waiting patiently and watching as the battle unfolds is also a very nice detail. Hats off to you sir! default_thumbup.gif

Thanks a lot for your comment! Glad that you like the dinosaur, i like them too. And by the way, I learnt to MOC the 6722 dinosaur from this forum.

Edited by songwm

Spectacular diorama, do the Crownies stand a chance?

This is a fantastic diorama, beautifully displayed and very reminiscent of Lord of the Rings. The castle is very impressive with lots of great little details and I'm very jealous of your massive orc army.

Ah-mazing! Amazing castle, amazing armies. Wow. Great job, that castle is well built. The inner structures are good looking and the splash of yellow make it pop. The towers on either side of the entryways are great. Good use of the triceratops. The orcs on horseback just don't look right.

Wow that's impressive!

I will have to ask you to resize the images though as they are too big ( 800x600 max ).

You can host on flickr and t it'll resize for you or you can checkout the tutorials in my signature.

Spectacular diorama, do the Crownies stand a chance?

Thanks for your reply.

The Crownies do have a change coz the "Golden knight" is on fire. :laugh:

This is a fantastic diorama, beautifully displayed and very reminiscent of Lord of the Rings. The castle is very impressive with lots of great little details and I'm very jealous of your massive orc army.

Thanks for your comments.

All those Orcs and cavalry too... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think you need a few more archers to hold them off.

Thanks for your comments.

You are right, i need more archers :laugh:

In fact, i think the Orcs need a cross bow unit too.

Ah-mazing! Amazing castle, amazing armies. Wow. Great job, that castle is well built. The inner structures are good looking and the splash of yellow make it pop. The towers on either side of the entryways are great. Good use of the triceratops. The orcs on horseback just don't look right.

Thanks for your comments. Somehow IMO, Orcs look ok on the brown horseback (look weird on black or white horse)

Wow that's impressive!

I will have to ask you to resize the images though as they are too big ( 800x600 max ).

You can host on flickr and t it'll resize for you or you can checkout the tutorials in my signature.

Thanks for your comment. I have deleted all the photos and put a Flickr link instead. Thanks for reminding.

Edited by songwm

Wow that is a ton of trolls. I was buildng up my troll army until I saw LOTR was coming. :thumbup:

I would have kept all of the crownies inside the castle :tongue:

Great work on the posing of your armies :thumbup: A nice large scene,the castle looks very realistic.

Good work all around :classic: